Romo speaks to the media **merged**

mrmojo

Reaction score
I may have missed it with all the heartache but is Romo #2 or #3 QB this weekend?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I did not think there was any possible way I could have respected Tony Romo any more than I already did ........ but he just did something no other star player has ever done ...... and he did it for his team.

I love Tony Romo the player ......... and I have only love for Tony Romo the man.

Channeling Nina Simone: "I loves you Tony..."

Cowboy-Down-Under

Reaction score
Tony is a gentleman and a warrior, he has played hurt for this team many times putting his body on the line for the team. He has taken the moral high road and all that has done is lift my respect for him as a competitor and a man even more. I think he will continue to support the team and will be the #2 QB the rest of the way. Next season he may head off to another team, but I bet when he hangs up the cleats Jerry and Co have him back at the ranch in some way as an offensive coach, may assistant OC or something. Jerry keeps his good people around him, love or hate Garrett he has us heading the right direction and as much as he took the blame from everyone for last years disaster he deserves the credit for this years success.

Iago33

Reaction score
Yup you see it coming too.
Isn't it a bit ironic to lament division within a fan base while you are intentionally dividing fans between Romo Stan's and Dak Supporters? Calling people names, no matter how nonsensical, will only create a backlash. It's almost like you're looking forward to it and throwing fuel on the fire.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Classy speech by Romo. He's always been one of the best on and off the field. I'm ecstatic to be 8-1 but watching that speech just now was heart breaking. You can feel his pain as he says the words. Romo has been my favorite player since he took the field for us a decade ago. I've always wanted to get a Super Bowl win for this team just as much for him as for anyone. All the **** he's taken from the media and opposing fans was always undeserved and I always looked forward to the day when he raised that Lombardi trophy above his head as a Cowboy and shut up the haters. My head realizes why we have to stick with Dak but my heart is still with Romo. The team is making the right decision, but it's hard to see it end for him like this.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This was a totally class move by Romo. I don't know how anyone would criticize it.
He admitted he wants to continue playing, expressed hurt about losing his job (as any competitor would) but said it's Dak's team now.
I do feel sorry for him, but even Joe Montana was replaced and shipped off to another team. So no one stays on top forever.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Isn't it a bit ironic to lament division within a fan base while you are intentionally dividing fans between Romo Stan's and Dak Supporters? Calling people names, no matter how nonsensical, will only create a backlash. It's almost like you're looking forward to it and throwing fuel on the fire.

Hey Lago
I was attacked by both Romo haters and Romo lovers today lol

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Tony is a gentleman and a warrior, he has played hurt for this team many times putting his body on the line for the team. He has taken the moral high road and all that has done is lift my respect for him as a competitor and a man even more. I think he will continue to support the team and will be the #2 QB the rest of the way. Next season he may head off to another team, but I bet when he hangs up the cleats Jerry and Co have him back at the ranch in some way as an offensive coach, may assistant OC or something. Jerry keeps his good people around him, love or hate Garrett he has us heading the right direction and as much as he took the blame from everyone for last years disaster he deserves the credit for this years success.
i would be elated if he came back and started his coaching career as a QB coach

Romo is about as cerebral of a QB as Peyton the way he can break down coverages and read defenses pre-snap

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
This was a totally class move by Romo. I don't know how anyone would criticize it.
He admitted he wants to continue playing, expressed hurt about losing his job (as any competitor would) but said it's Dak's team now.
I do feel sorry for him, but even Joe Montana was replaced and shipped off to another team. So no one stays on top forever.
would rather he just retire than go to another team, i don't think I could stomach seeing Romo in a different uniform

jrumann59

Reaction score
He owes no one in the media an answer for any questions. Its a bit calloused to expect him to answer questions as he is seeing the tombstone of his career being carved in front of him. *** the media, Romo only has to answer to himself, the team and his family.

jrumann59

Reaction score
would rather he just retire than go to another team, i don't think I could stomach seeing Romo in a different uniform

I hope he goes to another team and wins a SB so that haters that have been here since day one of his career can have legitimate reason to hate him.

Plumfool

Reaction score
After listening to people who have played the game. And have succeeded at the highest level of the game, it's obvious that this is the right direction. Not because Dak is better. Not because Dak has the "hot hand" which one player said there is no such thing when it comes to a Quarterback. But because simply put its Daks team. Romo in his speech basically hinted at that fact. It was a classy move to squash any distraction that could possibly be raised.

Hope Tony stays ready if his team needs him to play and if they don't hope he continues to help in preparing Dak week in and week out. I'd be surprised if he didn't frankly.