Romo speaks to the media **merged**

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I knew where this was headed weeks ago and everyone who said I would be wrong better learn not to question me. :thumbup:

JoeyHarris

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but this is probably the most torn I've ever been. NO, Romo has not had "many chances." He's had a few, but this is clearly the best squad Dallas has had in a while. During his 2014 season he was amazing, and if they call Dez's catch a catch were knocking on the door for the Super Bowl. 2015 is a wash because this **** team couldn't muster ANY backup QB play and he had to come back way too early, wearing an extra t-shirt for protection, and laid it all out there and got got. And THAT'S the last play most of you are prepared to see from him?! Dak is going to be amazing, but he came into the league's best o-line and absolute best RB. Romo never had those two things at once. At least let the guy compete for the job. So yeah, I can see how people want to see something minor happen to Dak, just to prove the case that Romo isn't done and that either of these guys could be leading this team deep into the post season. Only difference is Romo has bled for it. He's played through herniated disks to toss 4th down passes into the endzone for it. He's played through punctured lungs during a time where our o-line was garbage for it. Dak will get his. Let Tony have a shot to show this last decade wasn't in vain.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Dam, that was hard to watch. The Romo era is officially over.

Not going to lie, Beast teared up a little watching that.:(

I'm not so sure that it is over yet. They're riding the crest of the wave right now; however if Dak gets into a rut they might turn it back over to Romo.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I did not think there was any possible way I could have respected Tony Romo any more than I already did ........ but he just did something no other star player has ever done ...... and he did it for his team.

I love Tony Romo the player ......... and I have only love for Tony Romo the man.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that it is over yet. They're riding the crest of the wave right now; however if Dak gets into a rut they might turn it back over to Romo.

Ravens have a really good defense, Romo might be back sooner than later

dfense

Reaction score
what Romo did today was very classy.
but one should not put down what Dak has done in the last 9 games.
why would one project a 4-3 record (~63%) for the next 7 games when he was 8-1 in the first 9 games (87%).
I'm not banging on Dak. But come on,
Wk 1 Giants were geeked for this game.
Wk 2 Cousins was off. Missed wide open guys. Dallas was lucky there. Dak spread ball around nice. But Cowboys lucky not to be 0-2.
Wk 3. Bears. Will they get to 4 wins? Zeke 140
Wk 4. San Francisco. Maybe 4 wins? Zeke 138
Wk 5. Bengals. Zeke 134. 9yds a carry
Wk 6. GB. Zeke 157
Wk 7 Philly. Escaped in OT. Coinsidentally, Zeke held to under 100 after averaging 135 last 4 games.
Wk 8. Browns 0-8

When Zeke rolls, team rolls. It's going to bite them at some point.

dfense

Reaction score
and who is this guy? you couldnt possibly be talking about our backup, cause last time he started a game.. he threw 3 ints, 2 returned for a TD. Dont see that QB who can 'read and manipulate defenses;
That's weak cherry picker.

The Natural

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but this is probably the most torn I've ever been. NO, Romo has not had "many chances." He's had a few, but this is clearly the best squad Dallas has had in a while. During his 2014 season he was amazing, and if they call Dez's catch a catch were knocking on the door for the Super Bowl. 2015 is a wash because this **** team couldn't muster ANY backup QB play and he had to come back way too early, wearing an extra t-shirt for protection, and laid it all out there and got got. And THAT'S the last play most of you are prepared to see from him?! Dak is going to be amazing, but he came into the league's best o-line and absolute best RB. Romo never had those two things at once. At least let the guy compete for the job. So yeah, I can see how people want to see something minor happen to Dak, just to prove the case that Romo isn't done and that either of these guys could be leading this team deep into the post season. Only difference is Romo has bled for it. He's played through herniated disks to toss 4th down passes into the endzone for it. He's played through punctured lungs during a time where our o-line was garbage for it. Dak will get his. Let Tony have a shot to show this last decade wasn't in vain.
interesting.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I want to agree with the former.

But the latter is just not likely.
At 8-1 even if he hit a "rut" chances are 2 maybe 3 wins get his Dak-led team into playoffs.
It's Dak's team. Romo only gets it back through injury.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
Wk 2 Cousins was off. Missed wide open guys. Dallas was lucky there. Dak spread ball around nice. But Cowboys lucky not to be 0-2.
Wk 6. GB. Zeke 157
Wk 7 Philly. Escaped in OT. Coinsidentally, Zeke held to under 100 after averaging 135 last 4 games.
Wk 8. Browns 0-8

You really are shortchanging Dak's play during this stretch. Let's see how this plays out but be thankful for the QB at the helm considering we had to watch Cassel, Weeden and Moore last year...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Wk 6. GB. Zeke 157
Wk 8. Browns 0-8

I am sort of neutral in this Dak-Romo thing.
I just want to win.
One does not need to build up Romo by detracting from Dak, and vice versa.

In the beginning of the season, games 5-7 looked really tough, but we won them all.
8-1 is statistically significant, and one starts asking if our offensive pressure is accounting for the other team's failure and their poor play.
I recall that is what the Aikman-Smith-Irvin offense was doing to the opposition.
We were putting so much pressure on the opposition that they take more chances, choked and made more mistakes etc.

May be defenses are throwing new coverages and blitzes at him, but he seems to be adjusting after halftime.
Any reasonable person would be impressed with Dak's play in the 4th quarter, even in the Giants game that we lost mostly due to Twill/Dunbar screwups and sun glare at the end.

dfense

Reaction score
I am sort of neutral in this Dak-Romo thing.
I just want to win.
One does not need to build up Romo by detracting from Dak, and vice versa.

In the beginning of the season, games 5-7 looked really tough, but we won them all.
8-1 is statistically significant, and one starts asking if our offensive pressure is accounting for the other team's failure and their poor play.
I recall that is what the Aikman-Smith-Irvin offense was doing to the opposition.
We were putting so much pressure on the opposing offense that they choked and made more mistakes etc.

May be defenses are throwing new coverages and blitzes at him, but he seems to be adjusting after halftime.
Any reasonable person would be impressed with Dak's play in the 4th quarter, even in the Giants game that we lost mostly due to Twill/Dunbar screwups and sun glare at the end.
I can't disagree with a thing you said.
I'm biased

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wk 6. GB. Zeke 157
Wk 8. Browns 0-8

Dak has done what he needs to do to win games. This list to me, is all moot. Still 8-1 with Dak under center.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think if either plays we will win 12 games easy this year but Dak has not struggled and you don't fix what is not broken. Romo got hurt for the umpteenth million time and is no longer a lock to stay in games... His heart/mind are willing but his body has not been the last couple of years. It is what it is. We all get old and must eventually face reality. Dak could get hurt, anything could happen. Will be nice to have him around even for next year if he is willing to stay at a reduced cost. He might. He has a lot of friends on the team and ownership loves him. I probably would because who knows what he'd be getting into going somewhere else.