Romo speaks to the media **merged**

sean10mm

Reaction score
Only Romo could kill the QB controversy talk in the media. As long as he was silent, people would write headlines about him being disgruntled or something. People only expect spin from coaches & management, the player saying it on their own is taken very differently.

Also there were already conspiracy theories about Romo trying to backstab Dak behind the scenes or some crap like that in the garbage sports talk arena. This way he gets to dunk on them by making the story about what a good teammate he is (which by all accounts is 100% true anyway.) All the headlines now are "QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY DEAD" so I'd say mission accomplished.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Preseason?? They don't even play complicated schemes or anything. Everything is vanilla

Right, and Romo still didn't last a series before being injured. He couldn't find an open receiver and had to run. Dak would have run away from that sack.

Reaction score
Did we expect anything less than class from Tony Romo. Thanks for ALL of the many memories, Tony. I hope you don't have to use you this season, but it sure is nice to have a top ten QB as your backup.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Preseason?? They don't even play complicated schemes or anything. Everything is vanilla
Seattle was throwing everything at us in the first series of that game. I realize you have 11 posts to date, but you should really watch games before diagnosing what this team should do moving forward.

Reaction score
Romo plays next year here as a back-up for 2yr/14m or we trade him for a 1st after we re-do his deal to help the cap
We can't afford him at his current price. I believe he will be willing to negotiate a much more cap-friendly salary after the year. Either way, I think we need to trade him for a 1st or 2nd, & take a QB in the first 3 rounds to backup Dak. Bringing in an experienced backup is important as well, but I think it would be a weird situation for Tony to come back here next year.

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't have a great home record, their only loss this season was at home...next!
Only because bone-headed Terrence Williams forgot to get out of bounds. He does that, & it's a chip shot for Bailey. Then, we're undefeated with a nine game winning streak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only because bone-headed Terrence Williams forgot to get out of bounds. He does that, & it's a chip shot for Bailey. Then, we're undefeated with a nine game winning streak.

I put most of the blame on Dez for having what would have been a TD reversed because he still doesn't know how to complete the process of making a catch. You have to hang onto the ball through the contact of the ground.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Right, and Romo still didn't last a series before being injured. He couldn't find an open receiver and had to run. Dak would have run away from that sack.

You hate Romo so go figure. He'll be in the ROH by the way.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
And you are one of the biggest purveyors of social media, Cowboys content, etc, on this site -- what made you so irked by the outpouring of support and love to Romo's Press Conference?

With all due respect...

(This also has nothing to do with your dealio with SD)
:dance::dance::dance: Nothing wrong with showing Romo some love for all his years of service. All those punctured lungs, broken clavicles, broken backs. He tried his best.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well said. But the conference is a big deal, Idgit. Quite frankly, I'm surprised to see some of the more esteemed members here downplaying such a heartfelt conference from one of our best ever.

Am I missing something?
Some peeps here...well they have no compassion bro. Stuff like Romos conference are supposed to move true fans of the team. I think it's an agenda thing. But as a Cowboys fan, I was sad and appreciated his class. True gentlemen

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it again, and I have a more articulate post somewhere in this thread on this subject, shame on you if you downplay this press conference. Whether you're a Dak fan or Tony fan or both. Truly historic for 21st century Cowboys ball, and perhaps a passing of the guard.
Shame shame shame

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You hate Romo so go figure. He'll be in the ROH by the way.

He's in your ROH. lol Now run along and go start another call out thread that will end up in the Rant Forum. :thumbup:

waldoputty

Reaction score
This is true. Montana believed he could still start and should have been the starter. Looking back at what he did in KC, he was right, he still could start.

Having said all of this, who cares? If Tony wants to have a PC on this subject, who the hell are any of us to say he should or should not? We owe him, at the very least, that much.

Pretty much. Romo was certainly a lot more team-first than Montana.

Some thinks Romo was railroaded into doing the press conference.
I doubt it.
He probably did what he thought what in the best interest of the team, probably with help from the PR department.

I would be shocked if Jerry did not want to be on stage next to Romo, but everyone decided it was better that way.