Romo speaks to the media **merged**

robbieruff

Reaction score
I love you for being the classiest QB in the NFL. For putting this team first, despite your own ambitions. For not distracting Dak, or the rest of the team, with your own interests. I love you for all that you have endured while Jerry failed you for your whole career, and not holding a grudge. Never complaining, never blaming anyone else, a stark contrast in this day and age of entitled finger pointing.

What a true champion in heart you are. I love you that you will always be a part of the Dallas Cowboys franchise, championship or not, and I love you that you were a part of our team, our starting QB, for a decade.

Every franchise couldn't be so lucky as to have a true pro like you. I love you that you were my QB and I can't wait to see where your life takes you next. Whether it's back on the field or elsewhere.

Tony Romo. America's QB.
P.S. - ironically, i still think he will be called upon at some point this season to do something special. Not sure when or how. May not even be that obvious. Maybe when Dak needs that extra motivation in his ear to see what he defense is doing and how to counter it. But at some point I am expecting something to happen that will be remembered for generations to come. That we'll tell younger fans about as they yearn to know what it must've been like to root for the Cowboys at this time when Tony did what he did to help us win the title. I can't wait to see it.

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
I've never disliked Romo and have respect for him but he never got the Cowboys very far. It wasn't all his fault but he contributed. He accomplished a lot going from an undrafted free agent to becoming a franchise QB but it's about winning championships and he came up empty.
He's a better QB that Dak, he threw one incompletion in the 2nd half against Green Bay in that playoff game and that was the Dez play. He's the best QB not named Tom Brady in the NFL when healthy

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I do wonder if this is what he wanted to do, or if he was asked to do it.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.

He just couldn't. He was in an absolute no win situation if he didn't answer something exactly right because the media would've twisted it. Then, he would've been asked if he wanted to be traded - which would've been a bombshell.

He handled it exactly right like the professional he is but more like the person he is.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's getting tiring seeing some trying to cheapen what Dak has accomplished and making it appear Romo never had a good team. Someone posted yesterday that Romo never had a team like Dak has this year with the great OL and the leagues leading rusher, when that's exactly what Romo had in 2014. :laugh: Dak's winning games in places Romo never did and we just tied the longest winning streak in franchise history. Romo is done as the starter and Dak is the man. Have fun chewing on that. :thumbup:
I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, it's how you say it. YOU chew on that, I'd rather have a drink little man.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It kind of looked like Dak and his boys jumped Romo in the locker room and threatened him to read the statement they wrote for him.

Romo had the "I'm doing this against my will" look don't you think?
it wasnt a happy look , I think he was told they are going to roll with dak, and he would be bkup, and this was his response.
I think he thought he would take over already now that he is cleared to play, and that didnt happen.

Tony shouldnt give up, no telling what happens rest of season.
He should suit up and be ready to go.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Keeping him around next year would be horrible for Romo and the team.

Dallas has to use the money they will free up to add defensive help and Romo still wants to play so he should allowed to leave and do just that.
Bingo. Well said, Doom.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm not going to look up quotes from all the seasons but here's one, so again you don't know what you're talking about.

Look, this definitely isn’t all on Brady. The offensive line has been a mess ever since the team traded Logan Mankins in late August. They’re changing up the combinations every game, and on Monday night, seemingly every series.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...me-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

Also what does greatest OL coach have to do with the players? Keep showing your foolishness though. Brady doesn't take sacks because he has one of the quickest releases in NFL history.

So your proof about Brady not having a line in HIS CAREER is 'August' and Brady's offense, of late by design, gets the ball out of his hands quickly.. so you have no proof..

And how exactly does one become one of the greatest OL in the game? By not provoding rotection to a QB, because you have 'no names'?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tony has led a team that beat Green Bay in Lambeau in 2008 with that same QB. And the Steelers that Tony led the team that they lost to was a better team than the team the Cowboys played today.

It's you who made the comparison to emphasize Dak over Tony. I simply rebutted your claim.

Yes Tony won at Lambeau, thought that win came at the other stadium in Milwaukee. The Cowboys held a 10 point lead in that game in 2008 vs the Steelers and Romo melted down with 4 turnovers. Dak faced a come from behind situation against a future HOF QB in Big Ben and got it done. The Steelers may not be what they were in 08 but they're still a tough team and that was a quality win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol i think it is the definition of the word fan.

i am a fan of the team.
tony frustrated me greatly with mistakes, so i have not been a fan.
though this press conference made me like him because it was all class.

i was definitely not a fan of hardy and definitely not a fan of gregory.
i am not a fan of TWill because of all his idiocy.
You weren't rooting for them to succeed while they were on the field ?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He just couldn't. He was in an absolute no win situation if he didn't answer something exactly right because the media would've twisted it. Then, he would've been asked if he wanted to be traded - which would've been a bombshell.

He handled it exactly right like the professional he is but more like the person he is.
well you could be right,but he could have just said I cant comment on that right now.

Something about it didnt seem right.

khiladi

Reaction score
That was Jerry's doing, Romo had nothing to do with getting him hired.

Of course.. and if Romo wasn't around, Jason wouldn't have sniffed the length of career he has. If Jerry didn't love Garrett so much, he wouldn't have waited until 2014 to get him completely out the way on offense too.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Some of these comments by these "fans" are just appalling. Scumbags, I tell you

Good for romo! That must've been tough for him to do
Some of those "fans" are simply trolls who are phishing for upset responses. They know they're being idiots...it's their way to feel good. I actually kind of feel sorry for them...nah, not really. Just ignore their posts, you'll feel better.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I do wonder if this is what he wanted to do, or if he was asked to do it.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.
I have to imagine that, with all he has given to the cause, taking questions would not have been easy. It had to be hard enough to do what he just did. Pure class.