Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Hardline

Reaction score
He should have been named the starter the day he was medically cleared to play. He doesn't deserve to go out like that. This would have been an even more potent offense with him on the field.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
If Brady was on some of the teams Romo was on, you'd see him yelling at the offensive line for being sacked for the twentieth time while he's waiting for a receiver to get open twenty yards down the field.

No he actually gets rid of the ball without a sack or an INT. Brady's even better under pressure than not under pressure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's a better QB that Dak, he threw one incompletion in the 2nd half against Green Bay in that playoff game and that was the Dez play. He's the best QB not named Tom Brady in the NFL when healthy

He's not better than Dak is now, Romo hasn't played a regular season game in a full year. It's been 2 years and several broken bones since the playoff game in Green Bay. You need to get the 2014 season out of your head, that Romo isn't coming back. He made a bad decision to throw a 50/50 jump ball to Dez with just over 4 minutes to play on a manageable 4th and 2. He should have gone to Witten or Beasley and moved the chains and milked the clock.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes Tony won at Lambeau, thought that win came at the other stadium in Milwaukee. The Cowboys held a 10 point lead in that game in 2008 vs the Steelers and Romo melted down with 4 turnovers. Dak faced a come from behind situation against a future HOF QB in Big Ben and got it done. The Steelers may not be what they were in 08 but they're still a tough team and that was a quality win.
No one said it wasn't a quality win for Dak. It's you who denigrated Tony for throwing four interceptions against a Steelers team that was almost a completely different team compared to the one they played today. The same applies to the Cowboys. That's why I said it's invalid comparison.

pansophy

Reaction score
I'm really sad about this personally. Tony winning a super bowl was going to be the ultimate vindication. Winning with him with as a backup would be bitter sweet to me.

Eddie

Reaction score
Ok, is he willing to take a pay cut for this year and last year? I'm thinking giving back some loot?

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I do wonder if this is what he wanted to do, or if he was asked to do it.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.
He just can't win with you, I guess?
Come on DD, cut the man a break.

VirusX

Reaction score
Hurts my heart to watch that. No single players on this team deserves a lombardi more than that man. Jason Witten in a very very very close second.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course.. and if Romo wasn't around, Jason wouldn't have sniffed the length of career he has. If Jerry didn't love Garrett so much, he wouldn't have waited until 2014 to get him completely out the way on offense too.

If Jerry wasn't around Garrett would be coaching pee wee football somewhere. He kept the job despite 3 straight 8-8 seasons because Jerry loves him.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
God I can't believe we're gonna win it all the year he gets hurt

Why couldn't zekes dad have had sex a year earlier?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't care what people say.....Romo is a true competitor and makes professional sports better than what it is today. Pro football would be great if there were more players with the dignity and grace as Romo.

Just love the guy. He is the best.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I get why Dak has no chance with certain people on this forum they really have delusioned themselved to believe Tony Romo is the GOAT better than Brady better than Joe Montana, better than Staubach better than Aikman it's unbelieveable. Some of you need some perspective I know fan means fanatic but don't go full tard.