Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything from him in 9 games to tell me he's not ready. If he can win on the road at Lambeau facing Aaron Rodgers and win on the road in Pittsburgh facing Big Ben, he's ready for the playoffs. I'm not worried about him it's our lack of a pass rush that worries me.
Everybody is beating Green Bay and Pittsburgh. This isn't the same Packers and Steelers. Both of those coaches are getting fired this year.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I am 100% sure Tony is sitting at Jerry's desk now and both are crying . This is Garrett's (and Linehan's) call and Jerry had no option but to accept it, especially when Stephen is always siding with Garrett.

Garrett kept quiet all this time about the whole thing and let Jerry do the interviews. when it is time to address it, he did in a decisive way.. the way I always saw Garrett do it.. He is a cold-blooded person

:cool:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The Head Coach is supposed to make these calls......not the owners or the players

Romo didn't make this call. He just felt this was the best way to just get it out there and be done with it. I happen to agree with him. It was always going to be hanging over the team unless he publicly said something about it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I saw his flaws particularly in the houdini act that ultimately ends in failure.
I am just not a fan, but dont dislike him.

This made me a fan, however. :thumbup:
Again , you don't have to believe or like every player on our team but you do have to be a fan of them.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wow. Tony Romo is going to immediately up the validity of whatever team signs him next year. His class more than anything is why he is a generational player and teammate. True class, not like the fake facade of class some Qbs that have recently retired as champions would make you think they have.

Amazing to the end, Tony.

I still think we'll need him before this season is completed, but if anyone every doubted the type of player and teammate Romo is, they just need to listen to this.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I have to say it must have been VERY difficult for Romo to get up and read that statement. It was obviously written by him and he wanted to get the right message out. He is a TEAM above ME type of guy and we owe him for the blood sweat and tears that he has put in for our team.

I for one want to say that he will always be a Cowboy! No matter if he starts or not.....he is a star!

Thank you Tony!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The one thing I don't like about this is, if Tom Brady was lost to injury for a temporary time period, and there was a rookie that was playing comparable to Dak on the Pats, Brady wouldn't lose his job.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Head Coach is supposed to make these calls......not the owners or the players

Very likely the organization made the call collectively, and they gave Romo the opportunity to announce it if he cared to, and he did.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
"The man inside you" made me think of Tobias Fumke unfortunately, but other than that a great speach. And you know he has Dak's back, he's not just saying this. And it's important to know his POV going into the games, so we don't have Fox focusing on him every time Dak makes a mistake.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I like both Dak and Romo. With that said I am not fully convinced Prescott is the ABSOLUTE successor. You can say what you want but I need to see Prescott for 2 more seasons. I remember in RG3's first season everyone including Cowboys fans were anointing him as "great". Dak is a totally different player. I understand that. But, I've seen players regress. This is a REALLY good football team. Dak is lucky to be here, and we are lucky to have Dak. With that said I have to take the wait and see approach. Anything less than an NFC championship appearance is an absolute failure at this point. I'll wait and see.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo took teams to the playoffs that had no business being in the playoffs.

Which teams were those? The 06 team was the only team that looked like it had no business being there. The 07 team was the #1 seed and was 13-3. That team beat the eventual SB champs twice that season. He had an 11-5 team that went to the playoffs and a 12-4 team that went so don't post this crap that he took teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I still think there's a strong chance he plays this year. It's the one and only chance they have at a Super Bowl. Dak can't outplay our crappy defense against Seattle and New England.

This was a favor to Dak. Romo doesn't want to hang over Dak's head now that he has a uniform on.
All is not lost "this year" my friend. Romo just gave Dak the keys to the kingdom but Romo isn't going anywhere until the offseason. So we have the best scenario ever. A potential MVP or ROY leading our Boys into a deep playoff scenario and an all pro (future HOFer?) at the ready backing him up.

This year is going to be something special. I can feel it in my bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.