Romo vs Dak

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Do I think Romo is a better QB than Dak? Yes. Doesn't change the fact that we won nothing with him and he shared in the responsibility for a lot of our big game defeats. Also Romo's career is over and Dak's isn't. So Dak has time to improve. Romo's career has been written. Of course some want to make him greater than he was.

This^^^^...I agree with. Maybe at the end, Dak will frustrate me just as much as Romo did. We'll see, but he's still writing his story, so I have hope. Just like I had hope when a young Romo was playing.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I did not mean hate in a literal way, of course. In a fandom way. I should have made that more clear I suppose.
Even in a fandom way I think its just lazy narrative talk. I don't hate Dak and I don't think most do. Most think he isn't that good compared to others on the opposite side. I think he's an average QB and some think he's awesome. If people think he's awesome or a franchise QB cool I definitely disagree though.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Difference here is that romo didnt have near the talent on both sides of the ball that Dak has. I dont think anyone could argue that. When you have this amount of talent around you defenses have to respect that so naturally your stats are going to be better. Also when you have a good defense you get more oppurtunities.

Now dont twist what im saying. Dak is a very good qb. I feel like right now he is top 10 in the league, some of that has to do with the talent but hes STILL a good qb. He's young and right now he needs lots of support around him. Look at how his stats were without Zeke and without Amari. His grind to get better is there and I believe he will be at least as good as Romo in a few years.

But Romo was special...he never had the line and defense that Dak has. Hes had talent around him and his stats would rise with the talent around him...T.O., Murray...

Also I have no doubts that he would have a ring if he had this talent...even with this mediocre coaching staff.

So right now my hats off to Romo, but I think Dak will be at least as good as Romo.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Romo ever had this No.1 OL? Zeke? and recently this defense?

Those make a hell of the differences to a QB.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Difference here is that romo didnt have near the talent on both sides of the ball that Dak has. I dont think anyone could argue that. When you have this amount of talent around you defenses have to respect that so naturally your stats are going to be better. Also when you have a good defense you get more oppurtunities.

Now dont twist what im saying. Dak is a very good qb. I feel like right now he is top 10 in the league, some of that has to do with the talent but hes STILL a good qb. He's young and right now he needs lots of support around him. Look at how his stats were without Zeke and without Amari. His grind to get better is there and I believe he will be at least as good as Romo in a few years.

But Romo was special...he never had the line and defense that Dak has. Hes had talent around him and his stats would rise with the talent around him...T.O., Murray...

Also I have no doubts that he would have a ring if he had this talent...even with this mediocre coaching staff.

So right now my hats off to Romo, but I think Dak will be at least as good as Romo.
Dak's great defense Failed him big time in the playoffs. And it's been nonexistent this year until the Philly game.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I agree.

I think a case can be made that T.O. made Romo. I believe without T.O., Romo wouldn't have had the career he did. Having T.O. for his first 3 years as a starter. really helped #9. A WR that can haul in 38 TD's, & 3600 yds in 3 seasons is top of the charts, & forces defenses to adjust. Same could be said for a similar 3yr span with Dez.

I'm of the opinion, without T.O., Romo wouldn't have been our starter for as long as he was.
Absolutely.

keysersoze

Reaction score
These people have revisionist history. Now Romo teams suck but he played with 12 other Pro Bowlers and hall of famers.....it’s the same thing guys do with Wentz....all year the Eagles had the best talent.....now they suck according to those same morons.
Exactly. But these clowns get mad and report me when I expose their agenda. Let’s be honest. Why else would they berate Dak for winning? The bs is more than obvious. But I will stop it short before these cowards begin their sob stories to the mods. Lol

keysersoze

Reaction score
Not only that but this crap that Dak doesn't make players better is silly. Cooper has had a remake since getting with Dak. In fact many on here claimed cooper was trash the day they found out he was traded to Dallas. Also Beasley had his best season with Dak. Witten this season was scoring TDs almost every game to start out and had one taken away last week. Tavon Austin is scoring TDs again, Devin Smith was breaking his bust label.
:clap::hammer:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Romo was overrated as a player and overrated now as a broadcaster.

Danny White is still the 3rd best QB to ever put on a Cowboys uniform, behind only Aikman & Staubach. Will Dak ever surpass any of the top 3? Hell, who knows? I do know one thing, Romo sure as hell did not.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo was overrated as a player and overrated now as a broadcaster.

Danny White is still the 3rd best QB to ever put on a Cowboys uniform, behind only Aikman & Staubach. Will Dak ever surpass any of the top 3? Hell, who knows? I do know one thing, Romo sure as hell did not.
Yea. This bs is strange and very annoying. Romo ain’t did nothing but win 2 wildcard games in ten years. And never had 3 consecutive winning seasons. NEVER!!!! But they claim he carried the team. Yea. He carried the team into mediocrity

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Yea. This bs is strange and very annoying. Romo ain’t did nothing but win 2 wildcard games in ten years. And never had 3 consecutive winning seasons. NEVER!!!! But they claim he carried the team. Yea. He carried the team into mediocrity

Romo was part of that “Glitz and Glamour” phase Jerruh loved so much. Teams constantly punched Dallas in the mouth, stole their lunch money, and sent them crying home to mamma. The Romo Era always reeked of weakness, imo.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I know they play the same position, but comparing Dak to Romo is apples to oranges. They are both two completely different style quarterbacks who are playing in different eras.

Romo threw his guys open and took more chances, but he threw a lot of costly interceptions.

Prescott is generally careful with the ball; he’s afraid to take risks and therefore throws less picks but misses some scoring opportunities.

Neither have pedigree or the ideal stature. I was surprised when I saw both were 6’2 and about the same weight (Romo was 230lbs, Dak is 235lbs).

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo was part of that “Glitz and Glamour” phase Jerruh loved so much. Teams constantly punched Dallas in the mouth, stole their lunch money, and sent them crying home to mamma. The Romo Era always reeked of weakness, imo.
:hammer:Why don’t people realize this? Those Romo teams were good for selling tickets by building hope in the off-season. And winning the NFC East here and there. Throw in a 13-3 & a 12-4 season and that’s what we have. 1 more wildcard win in 10 years with Tony than with Dak in 3 years and counting. And all that softie bs about the teams from 2016-2019 being better than every team during Romo’s career is STUPID. It’s just another excuse to keep faith in their agendas. I’m just calling it what it is because Dak may not be the best pure passer in the league, but he’s a definite winner. That has been proven. Dak lays it all out there every game. Sacrificing his body by actually running through defenders to get the job done. And so far he’s gotten the job done while posting 3 consecutive winning seasons, 2 NFC East championships and a 1-2 record in postseason play. This is in his first 3 years. How can anyone really not appreciate what he’s done? The way some people talk so bad about him is disturbing because they act like Dak has lost a bunch of games due to interceptions that end possible game winning drives. As a matter of fact. Has that even happened to Dak yet? I don’t remember.