Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
sacase said:
No but your claim ST is Faster than RW is wrong. I probally played football at a higher level than you thank you.

Please find where you read I said Taylor was faster in this thread. And please, don't hurt yourself.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
FootballFan86 said:
I can't say I agree with you. They were caused by grabbing the shoulder pads.

Look here: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/s/dws/spe/2005/horse_collar_tackle/

Sorry, but that is incorrect.

He grabbed nothing but jersey on at least one of those tackles, and he didn't even bring the guy down from behind on that one (Musa Smith).

I still want to know if Sean Taylor is faster than Roy Williams.

Roy Williams ran a 4.5 at the combine (Before they switched to the new, faster surface). Sean Taylor ran a 4.5 at his proday in Miami. Do the math.

Too bad he had such a hard time keeping up with that slow poke Moss last yr not once but twice,and both within a span of 5 mins.

Roy Williams wasn't even responsible for Moss on those TDs. Learn the game or go away.

When the players go to the Olympics, the Olympic officials actually call handchecks and don't play favorites. And every time they go to the Olympics they complain about the refereeing. The Olympic refs are really calling the game the way it should be called.

:hammer:

Roy Williams Draft info:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/williams_roy.htm
4.53 in the 40-yard dash

Sean Taylor:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/sean_taylor
4.54 in the 40-yard dash

Doesn't it suck to be wrong.

Commencing Commanders' fans excuses in 3...2...1.....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gamebreaker said:
Well if a defender is fast enough, unlike Roy, he won't have to reach out and grab hold of the back of the jersey in desperation.

And you wonder why I call you a Troll ...... Your just fishing to start fights.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Real debateable?

You are full of it.
I still can't find a pick of the Calico tackle but every report I've read says he grabbed the pads.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Who was the first poster to mention Sean Taylor? A Cowboys fan. Pay attention, homer.
I did, because I know how you deadskins losers are. You're constantly comparing the great RW with a loser criminal sean (bubbas playmate) taylor.
Who care anyways, you'll never see another SB in your lifetime, while the Boys will be racking it up in the next few years. Go home TROLL!!!

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Does the league still agree with you that Roy Williams tackles the way he does because he is too slow to do otherwise? Or does dumbness beget dumbness?

Who is faster? Sean Taylor or Roy Williams?

IMO, Roy plays slower than his 40 yard dash. Linebackers and safeties generally use the horse collar when tackling running backs, who are usually faster than them, before they can turn the corner on sweeps and such. You never see the horse collar in the middle of the field.

If you're tackling someone from the side, which is usually when it happens, there should be no need to reach out for a shoulder pad or back of the jersey if you have the speed to meet the ballcarrier at the point of attack and do a traditional tackle.

Futhermore, I said the league agreed with me when it came to the rules needing to be applied. Not that the rule was specifically made because Roy was too slow.

As far as Taylor and Roy go, Taylor covers ground alot better than Roy does. Which is why Taylor is a FS and Roy is a SS.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
I still can't find a pick of the Calico tackle but every report I've read says he grabbed the pads.

I wouldn't rely on the media for that info. Look for pics instead. The media don't know the difference between the back of the jersey and the back of the shoulder pads.

The Musa Smith tackle isn't debatable. He didn't grab the shoulder pads. The pics show as much.

Don't remember the Calico tackle. I remember it wasn't that bad. In fact, it wouldn't even be a penalty today cuz Roy didn't bring drop down and use his weight to bring Calico down. He just brought him down while still standing (if I remember correctly).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
hc6eb.gif

Looks "debatable" to me.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I for one honestly didn't mind the first horse-collar rule, although I didn't think it was necessary, but I didn't mind. But to tell a player they can't grab a guy by the back and just pull him down is rediculous.
Here's to Roy Williams getting the best Free Safety in the draft, and then being freed up to go out and put a "death blow" on every receiver that comes in his zone. (death blow in a cartoon kinda way, not real death) :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Alexander said:
hc6eb.gif

Looks "debatable" to me.

No, it isn't. He didn't grab the pads. Period.

And he didn't even grab him from behind. He grabbed him from the side. It was Musa's own stiff arm that caused the injury.

Alexander

Reaction score
Rack said:

What did he grab? Air?

You can state all you want about the stiff arm. His hand inside the collar is where the stress of his weight came from.

Had he not grabbed the pads and specifically hooked his hand inside the collar, the injury would not have occurred.

Period.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Alexander said:
What did he grab? Air?

:rolleyes:

Dude, if you're gonna debate like that, don't bother replying.

Obviously he grabbed jersey.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I did, because I know how you deadskins losers are. You're constantly comparing the great RW with a loser criminal sean (bubbas playmate) taylor.
Who care anyways, you'll never see another SB in your lifetime, while the Boys will be racking it up in the next few years. Go home TROLL!!!

Ok, we're constantly comparing Roy to Sean and not a single skins fan mentioned it but you. :confused: That makes zero sense.

Sknsnation

Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:
did anyone say moss was a slow poke?
Funny how you edited out the rest of my post and pulled out what you could use,now go back and read what I was responding too,before you so blantantly take what i said out of out of context. We buy you books ,send you to school, and still you learn nothing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:

And he didn't even grab him from behind. He grabbed him from the side. It was Musa's own stiff arm that caused the injury.
What? Looks like pad to me. At a MINIMUM it's debatable. Could you please provide more definitive evidence?

Either way, it looks to me that that sort of grab would have been covered under the old rule.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Alexander said:
hc6eb.gif

Looks "debatable" to me.
The bottom line is, you can talk about Roys speed or whatever you want to talk about, but the fact is, Roy Williams is the most powerful safety I have ever seen, and if he makes contact with you, LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexander

Reaction score
Rack said:
:rolleyes:

Dude, if you're gonna debate like that, don't bother replying.

Obviously he grabbed jersey.

Dude, if you are "gonna" debate stating he didn't grab the pads, then be prepared to defend your statement.

It was not a simple drag down by the jersey, sorry.