Roy Williams

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33;2262175 said:
Wasn't Roy who got beat, according to Wade (emphatically).

Most of us heard the conference and know this, but, shhhhh. Others in the thread are still enjoying pretending otherwise.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Idgit;2262200 said:
Most of us heard the conference and know this, but, shhhhh. Others in the thread are still enjoying pretending otherwise.
Wade's a lying pollyanna. These people know better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2261844 said:
maybe the Eagles should cut Brian Dawkins...he gave up more plays tonight than I saw RW give up all last yr

-oh but but, uh..but er...but but
:fact:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ddh33;2262152 said:
I can't believe so many Cowboys fans are this dense! Guys, Wade said that wasn't Roy...emphatically. It's about as close as I've ever heard him come to hanging someone out to dry, but it wasn't Roy.

I hope Roy gets back soon, and I hope a lot of fans pull their heads out.

Just like he said Roy was playing well last year when he started benching him in passing downs, and how he said Bobby Carpenter was "starting to come around" last year when he had him buried so far on the depth chart Rowdy had a better chance of playing in a game situation.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I certainly hope Brian Dawkins would give up more plays tonight

a) His team doesn't take him off the field on passing downs.

b) He's 85 years old

... didn't see him give up an 60 yarder, though.

MrMom

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2262247 said:
Just like he said Roy was playing well last year when he started benching him in passing downs, and how he said Bobby Carpenter was "starting to come around" last year when he had him buried so far on the depth chart Rowdy had a better chance of playing in a game situation.

Some guys don't understand the concept of coachspeak. Especially Wade Phillips' style. He'll never throw a guy under the bus.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2262213 said:
Some of you have to understand, if a TD is scored and Roy is anywhere in the tv screen, it's his fault.

Or it's never his fault, provided the usual suspects can find a patsy with 20 yards of him. Option #2 is to concede that, yes, he gave up the TD, but only because he was helpless against such great speed!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2262262 said:
Or it's never his fault, provided the usual suspects can find a patsy with 20 yards of him. Option #2 is to concede that, yes, he gave up the TD, but only because he was helpless against such great speed!

true that would be like blaming david akers for the KR TD by Felix Jones.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2262247 said:
Just like he said Roy was playing well last year when he started benching him in passing downs

Roy was on the field for almost every passing down last season.

And did you even see Wade's press conference after the game?

ddh33

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2262247 said:

Don't let your dislike for Roy slant your perspective too much. In doing and saying what he did tonight, Wade basically hung Pacman (I assume) out to dry by saying it wasn't Roy's fault. That's pretty uncharacteristic of Wade.

As far as the team's personnel packages, I wonder if you think Zach Thomas is a bad player because he doesn't play on passing downs? Do you think Bradie James should be cut because he doesn't play passing downs? And Bobby Carpenter has looked better too, but it still isn't enough...I think you're just getting a little too carried away in your criticism of Roy...

Roy isn't playing on a lot of passing downs because he's been struggling there and the team likes some other options more. That's it. Picking out the negative only gives a part. Why not talk about Roy and some of these other good players putting aside ego for the betterment of the team? And why not compare Roy to other players? Maybe he isn't nearly as bad as some of you think...

You don't like his production for his salary? Fine. But you don't have to pay it anyway. Just relax.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Woohoo! Roy is out.

That means Mr. "I can't even beat out Keith Davis because I suck so bad" Watkins takes the place!

Championship!

(thank god brady is injured)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
people don't know what they're talking about, seriously

there's 2 more people who are more responsible than that TD than Roy

stupid Wade w/ his Cover 4

and PacMan Jones

they allow a 4.2 40 WR to get a clean release, only having to beat one man, Roy Williams

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2261933 said:
So, like I said, Wade Phillips was lying again, when nobody even asked him about that play?

Why would he flat-out lie?

Its funny cause larry brown said be on the lookout for the team to very carefuly explain the williams touchdown and how he will be used the rest of the year.

Adam I really hope you are not trying defend roy on that TD. He was 17 yards deep in a zone and let jackson run straight past him because he was staring at the quarterback.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lane;2262291 said:
so glad pat watkins will get his chance now.

The eagles went right after him. Courtney brown was active tonight, I am curious if he gets a look at some playing time.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2262331 said:
Its funny cause larry brown said be on the lookout for the team to very carefuly explain the williams touchdown and how he will be used the rest of the year.

Adam I really hope you are not trying defend roy on that TD. He was 17 yards deep in a zone and let jackson run straight past him because he was staring at the quarterback.

no, he ran up to get Jackson because he saw that PacMan let him go

DeSean just ran straight up the field, and made a simple move to turn him around

what do you expect Roy to do, chuck him after the 5 yard rule allows? run stride-for-stride w/ him?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2262338 said:
no, he ran up to get Jackson because he saw that PacMan let him go

DeSean just ran straight up the field, and made a simple move to turn him around

So your not putting that touchdown on williams?

Please. I think I will take my two eyes and Larry Brown's opinion over people who refuse to acknowledge roy has a problem finding the football.

If he were as deep as the 10 yard line I am not sure he makes a play on the ball.

I always pull for the guy, but I mean You know, the corners keep changing and the result is always the same, yet the new corners always get blamed.

And I dont think much of pacman either fwiw. He looks extremely rusty.