Rumor: From Another Forum on D. Smith Signing

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Hrmm. Well you got me, I did not spell imperative correctly. My entire argument has been deflated. As for criticise...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/criticise

I know you are from the states, so you probably do not understand that different countries can spell words differently. But seriously, lets not make this a debate over proper spelling. I am too poor a typer/speller for that.

OK, I was just being sarcastic anyway... I knew what you meant...

Sure there are lots of things I am proud of. But do I toot my horn on a Cowboys forum about them? Of course not.

Well, that's you... some folks are wired a little differently... in my time on message boards over these last few years, the folks have gotten to know more about me than they probably ever wanted to... whether it was the loss of my Mom to lung cancer 5 years back, or my diagnosis and subsequent battles with diabetes, or my golf game, I sometimes find an opening to bring up all kinds of stuff that doesn't relate directly to the Cowboys...

I think of the guys and gals on these boards as my friends, and will talk about pretty much anything that pops into my mind... h***, I've given golf lessons online, LOL...

Have some PRIDE in the fact that you do not need to fish for attention. Yes we are all very impressed you have the money to "trick" out your car. Your epeen must be enormous. Congratulations.

You assume that I do that to impress people, when what I'm REALLY doing is trying to draw other car fans into the conversation, read about their rides... as it happens, right now I'm driving a 98 Jeep Cherokee that is only lightly modified, nothing that's apparent at a casual glance-- an upgraded stereo, and some rather inexpensive modifications to the engine (less than 300 bucks) that increased my gas mileage from about 17 MPG to 21-21.5 MPG...

I have friends who drive Cherokees who refuse to believe that I can get that kind of mileage for such little investment, but I have, and anybody else out there who owns a Cherokee could easily do the same... so when asked, I'm more than happy to outline exactly what I did...

As far as the response being on topic...come on now. Even you know that is a stretch.

To the contrary, it was suggested that driving a souped-up car probably wouldn't, all by itself, make you more of a crime target... in that context, those who have driven those types of cars remarking on how they "turn heads" wherever they go IS relevant...

Folks who drive modified vehicles DO draw more attention than the average driver does with his vehicle... you might not know that, if you've never driven such a car, but it's the absolute truth... so it is not a stretch of the imagination to believe that somebody could be pissed off at the driver of such a car, pissed that he couldn't afford an equally nice car, and if drugs or alcohol (or both) were part of the equation as well, it isn't hard to believe some sociopath might cap off a few rounds... the fact that most of the bullet holes were in the rear doors indicates to me that they probably weren't trying to shoot the occupants of the car, but rather to trash the car itself, perhaps even force the driver to wreck his nice car...

Which is, as far as I can determine, all the original poster who talked about his cars was trying to do... and for that contribution, he got a juvenile, witless insult...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
but HIS minister from the church he was going to went to KD's hospital which were not in the same town
Yeah they do that... My minster came to visit me on a Sunday morning, when I was in the hospital over 2 hours away from our church and then went back to preach the Sunday morning service

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'm not saying dont' trust Davis, I'm a bit leery of him myself, just saying that you can't jump to conclusions, esp. when all the facts are right in front of you

Very true. I am not accusing him of anything, I just don't trust we have the full story. I must say I am impressed about how calm he was on that 911 call. And the operator seemed kind of...annoying I guess for the lack of a better word.

But when he says he is going to church at that time, it just sets of bells for me. I am not a very religous guy. I live in Ontario (Canada), religion isn't as big up here as it is down there. If what happened to Davis happened to someone up here, and they said they were out at that time heading to church, we would know it is B.S. So I am definitely letting that influence my thoughts.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
2233boys told me that he wasn't talking to me some posts back after I chimed in his post to Silverbear, just was giving him the same convenience

To be honest I just wanted an excuse to spread the gospel of the IFW (Internet Forum Warrior).

silverbear

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
And it begins :rolleyes:

Wonder what the over/under is on the number of posts it will take these boys to figure out they're being baited??

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Wonder what the over/under is on the number of posts it will take these boys to figure out they're being baited??
The same could be said for you...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:

I could have gave you the over about 7 posts back and made quite a bit of money for myself...

damnit

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
My panties are not the panties that are in a bunch... Take a look in the mirror, turn around, I am sure your will find yours squarely wedged up your butt..

That shows just how clueless you are about your friendly local Bear... this stuff is FUN for me... I'm at work, it's dead quiet, I don't have to start the audit for another half hour or so, and there's not much actual football talk to divert me, so I'm whiling away the hours baiting fools...

You should know Style man...

Well, it's good that at least one of us does... if we had to rely on your "style", this would be one boring argument...

You really don't have the game to be a decent flame warrior...

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:

Haha one less then it will take you to realise you are being baited I imagine.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
All of you think awful highly of yourselves...

You would think be you responses, that you accomplished something. :lmao:

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
As for the "mad props" etc. I was being facetious.

NOOOOO... you're KIDDING...

Apparently it hasn't occurred to you that my response was equally sarcastic...

I am not surprised you missed that though.

WHOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH... right over his head, it went...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Very true. I am not accusing him of anything, I just don't trust we have the full story.

until something else leaks, I'm quite content with the story as is

Cowboy Bebop said:
I must say I am impressed about how calm he was on that 911 call. And the operator seemed kind of...annoying I guess for the lack of a better word.

I didn't get to hear the conversation, damn computer speakers are broken :( , but yeah, from what everyone on here was saying, he was pretty calm considering he had a bullet in his leg, but of course Davis is immune to lead by now :laugh1:

Cowboy Bebop said:
But when he says he is going to church at that time, it just sets of bells for me. I am not a very religous guy. I live in Ontario (Canada), religion isn't as big up here as it is down there. If what happened to Davis happened to someone up here, and they said they were out at that time heading to church, we would know it is B.S. So I am definitely letting that influence my thoughts.

ah, so I guess I wouldn't find many takers if I used that mistake up North =>eh<= (pun intended)?....damnit

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
whether it was the loss of my Mom to lung cancer 5 years back, or my diagnosis and subsequent battles with diabetes

If any of this is true, there is no way I can respond to this post in my usual manner. I say if because we all know this is the interweb, and we all know people like to lie. That being said I veto this post.

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
if we insualt your hobbies are you not offened?

Apparently, he doesn't have any hobbies... which might be why our hobbies offend his delicate sensibilities...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys said:
All of you think awful highly of yourselves...

You would think be you responses, that you accomplished something. :lmao:

feeling content that I made you look the fool...

yep, I accomplished something

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
2233boys said:
Yeah they do that... My minster came to visit me on a Sunday morning, when I was in the hospital over 2 hours away from our church and then went back to preach the Sunday morning service

where the church and hospital in the same town?

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
NOOOOO... you're KIDDING...

Apparently it hasn't occurred to you that my response was equally sarcastic...

WHOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH... right over his head, it went...

I am sorry, but you are not allowed to say whoosh when you quoted me but talked to someone else. Those are the rules of the IFW. Also I noticed that you neglected to quote the first part of my comment, where I discussed said mistake. I think that we should revisit it, and dwell on it for a little bit longer.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
That shows just how clueless you are about your friendly local Bear... this stuff is FUN for me... I'm at work, it's dead quiet, I don't have to start the audit for another half hour or so, and there's not much actual football talk to divert me, so I'm whiling away the hours baiting fools...
I don't know you, so how would I know anything about you... :confused:

Who is bating who??? I think you are confused...

Successful internet bait:
1) Get the victim to respond to one word posts or smilies that have nothing to do with said victim check
2) Get the victim to resort to Name calling and insultscheck
3) Get the victim to think he is actually doing the baiting check

silverbear said:
Well, it's good that at least one of us does... if we had to rely on your "style", this would be one boring argument...

You really don't have the game to be a decent flame warrior...
Ok Mr. Style because that is what I am all about... Getting your approval on my game... :lmao:

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
Lets not kid ourselves. Outside of "the kid" I think we all know we are trolls. I am enjoying myself. Although I should have gone to bed hours ago...on that note I am going for a smoke.