Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bysbox1;4340998 said:
While I may question the validity of the information, I do know that teams work on stacking and ranking players for draft year round. It may not be the HC or the GM doing it (they have to worry about the current season) but their scouting departments work on this year round.

So the scouting department has an idea of where players are ranked, and that list is changing (injuries, players getting better, bowl game play, etc.) as the year progresses to the draft.

Not true. Teams don't even begin to stack their board until after the season. They have scout grades on players but where they rank, who has priority over who, who fits and who doesn't, none of that has been done.

There's not a team in the league that has any plan right now what they'll be doing with their picks. So this information is obviously fake and a cry for attention.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I appreciate all inside information, but I seriously doubt that someone in the know at Valley Ranch is divulging information that is basically top secret. If it isn't then it's general knowledge stuff that any random nobody could put together.

The Natural

Reaction score
hsfolk;4340474 said:
Like anyone really thinks Forte is going to be anywhere but Chicago next season

I'd say having interest in Forte and Desean Jackson is just the organization doing it due diligence, just like the reported interest in Cam Newton in last year's draft, doesnt mean they will be actively trying to sign the guys

tyke1doe

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4341167 said:
Are you guys really buying into that Forte "rumor"?? You know he will be one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL right? We're not talking about a rotation, we're talking about a RB that will be paid to be THE guy wherever he signs with.

Going after him makes no sense considering the Cowboys just found DeMarco Murray

And a running back coming off a severe knee injury.

Broken ankles aren't as serious and MCL and ACL tears.

Eskimo

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4340989 said:
Matt Forte is a perfect fit for Garrett's offense; he excels as a runner and pass catcher out of the backfield.

But his acquisition would be completely untenable from a depth standpoint.

The only way we go after Forte is if we have an attractive offer on the table for both Murray and Felix.

I don't think if makes sense to give an RB a premier second contract. You rarely get your moneys worth because of the high rate of injury and burnout at the position. It is the first contract signed at draft that gets you value.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4341162 said:
Not sold on the fact that this supposed "insider" is a true insider.

The information seems unrealistic in many areas.

like i said the poster is well respected on that board. he gave us details about sam hurd before the media got to it.

plus lets say someone were told to "fake" being an insider...who in their right mind would use forte and/or desean to get credibility?

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4340989 said:
Matt Forte is a perfect fit for Garrett's offense; he excels as a runner and pass catcher out of the backfield.

But his acquisition would be completely untenable from a depth standpoint.

scipio don't you post on OB?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4341162 said:
Not sold on the fact that this supposed "insider" is a true insider.

The information seems unrealistic in many areas.

only the ones stated in the txt.

dools

Reaction score
I am a member of that site. Here is another quote taken from the guy on the reasoning behind looking at Desean Jackson.

"the DeSean thing actually had to do with Dez possibly not being a Cowboy next season,im sure all of you will disagree with me but it is a real possibility his latest antics with him not paying his debts has annoyed the Cowboys front office they are not looking forward to having one of their players get served papers at the team hotel or at the Meadowlands on Sunday."

Once again not my words so don't kill me!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dools;4341216 said:
I am a member of that site. Here is another quote taken from the guy on the reasoning behind looking at Desean Jackson.

"the DeSean thing actually had to do with Dez possibly not being a Cowboy next season,im sure all of you will disagree with me but it is a real possibility his latest antics with him not paying his debts has annoyed the Cowboys front office they are not looking forward to having one of their players get served papers at the team hotel or at the Meadowlands on Sunday."

his latest antics of not paying off debts? you mean the antics from the START of the year and that are now paid off and over with?

i swear people don't think before they repeat stupid things.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I see absolutely zero chance we try to sign either Forte of Jackson. We don't need them. We've got two very good backs and three WRs, with lots of money going to Austin and Bryant. Forte and Jackson will get top $ as number one backs and receivers. Absolutely zero chance we go after either one. Besides that, I'd throw up if Jackson became a Cowboy. I can't stand that show boat.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I truly believe that we will be looking for a pashrusher in the draft and will draft one in the early rds,a good pash rush is the real tonic for this defense and secondary.

burmafrd

Reaction score
iceberg;4341220 said:
his latest antics of not paying off debts? you mean the antics from the START of the year and that are now paid off and over with?

i swear people don't think before they repeat stupid things.

actually there is a thread in News zone about him being sued about not paying a debt and this one is new.

burmafrd

Reaction score
And ANYONE thinking Red Ball wants Desean Jackson is drunk or stupid. So ANYONE claiming this is inside information is BS.

They really need to fire that janitor.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
burmafrd;4341294 said:
And ANYONE thinking Red Ball wants Desean Jackson is drunk or stupid. So ANYONE claiming this is inside information is BS.

They really need to fire that janitor.

Maybe Jerry wants him?

[Ducking...]

The Natural

Reaction score
dools;4341216 said:

:rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
burmafrd;4341290 said:
actually there is a thread in News zone about him being sued about not paying a debt and this one is new.

my bad then - i just saw it.

i honestly don't really care about it but i'm sure jones and company is tired of all the media making something of it.

why it really matters is beyond me because if it wasn't this they'd just hype up something else.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm sorry I dont believe any of the fa plans. Why go after forte or Jackson ? Stunt demarco, DEz and robinson growth with this team ? Don't buy it

Wayne02

Reaction score
rocyaice;4340519 said:
I don't even see us doing that. Even if we lost Robinson I see us signing a cheaper replacement or going with Holley or Ogletree over overpaying for Desean.

Holley and Ogletree will both be gone. They'll be replaced by younger players with a higher upside like Harris, Holmes, and Radway.