News: Seahawks want a 2nd rounder and change for E.T

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Williams is available. Throw that guy in there, both back up QBs are available. We don't have any linemen on either side to offer, maybe they want one of our back up safeties or something.

Resign Tapper and trade him....lol. Let's not forget Coakly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
SEA shooting themselves in the foot. First they wanted a 2nd, we finally offer it and now they want more?

Screw em.
exactly they are playing games..the radio sportscaster said they believe seatle playing games as if it was anybody that isn't on their first handful of games they would do the trade but given the Cowboys are their home opener they dont want to play ET in that environment and are holding off.. They stated they did this same thing to someone last year with Brown their Olinemen, waited until after the game with the Texans to trade him..
game playing is ridiculous..** Seatle

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I thought everyone said we weren't interested .....NO WAY

sounds like offering a 2nd round pick is very interested

we can wait until Week 6 when his price and salary come down

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I don't think ET is going to the highest bidder as long the cowboys offer is in the same ballpark. He grew up a cowboy fan and wants to play in Dallas. Remember, he came looking for Garret after the game last year and made his pitch.

He also said he'd play for the Raiders recently...hometown discounts arent frequent especially when there are higher bidders in free agency..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also said he'd play for the Raiders recently...hometown discounts arent frequent especially when there are higher bidders in free agency..

I'm not inferring he wants to be a cowboy. I'm practically quoting him. If his intent was to simply go to the highest bidder, why campaign for a job specifically in Dallas?

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Show us where he said that. If you are referring to the Newy Scruggs tweet that was ended up being bs.

erod

Reaction score
Here's a reality check for you fantasy world folks. The Cowboys ain't winning the SB this year with or without Earl. Save your draft picks to help continue to build this roster and sign Earl in the offseason if you really want him....
With ET, the Cowboys have a top 10 defense and the best running game in the NFL.

Nobody thought Philly could win it last year. Nobody.

This is a one year league. You take your shots.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
With ET, the Cowboys have a top 10 defense and the best running game in the NFL.

Nobody thought Philly could win it last year. Nobody.

This is a one year league. You take your shots.
Philly wasn’t considered true SB contenders. Even when they were popping off win after win they got no respect from the majority of Cowboys fanbase. Then they were supposed to go one and done in the playoffs, then lose to Minnesota, and no way they could beat the Patriots.

If not thinking the Cowboys will win the SB this year is a barrier to acquiring talent, then we shouldn’t make any moves any year. We probably won’t win this year, or next year, or the year after that. But you still have to try.

When you can acquire top talent, you do it IMO. Trying to penny pinch in this situation is a losers mentality, worrying more about draft picks that take years to develop and salary cap space that people are terrified of the team using now.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Will he really be 100% committed to the Seahawks when he plays given everything that's been going on? Will be interesting to read his body language in the first few games to see if that's the case or not.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
If the cowboys did offer a 2nd for a guy who, it seems Seattle don't want to pay going forward the kind of money that he wants ( or thinks he deserves) and has a season left on his contract, they are either crazy or bitter.
They surely can't tag this guy so i cannot for the life of me understand why they didn't make the deal. I can only feel that they are p*****d at ET for openly courting the Cowboys. I feel if this was another team a deal would have been done.
I personally would not have offered a 2nd but i understand that after 20 + years of mediocrity some fans on here would. This team is still a WR,TE,DT and yes a S away from being a contender and after this season we may add QB and (hopefully) Head Coach to that list.

Carter

Reaction score
I give them a first when they are also forced to sign Chaz Green to a 5 year / 50 Million $ Contract and be forced to start him at LT against us every time we Play them.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Oh well next year we get him for nothing and we can then draft a strong saftey with the 2nd we get to keep. Win win

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams got him. I know it would be stupid for Seattle to trade him to the Rams, but they're not beating the Rams regardless. And the Rams are in serious win now mode.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought everyone said we weren't interested .....NO WAY

sounds like offering a 2nd round pick is very interested

we can wait until Week 6 when his price and salary come down

I'm done after Sunday. They can keep him after that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm done after Sunday. They can keep him after that.

This is my thought too.

If we aren’t going to have Earl for the whole season. They can Kiss my you know what, asking for draft picks in a trade.

Spend a 2nd rounder to have somebody for 10-13 games, when they are a FA at the end of the year?

That would be dumb. Unless the asking price moves to a 4th rounder at most.