Senior Bowl Chatter....

Western

Reaction score
Only problem is that other than Romo, what QB in recent memory has been successful in this league from a FCS school?

Success as defined with playoff games and playoff wins ~

Recent years:
1. Kurt Warner - N. Iowa
2. Steve McNair - Alcorn State
3. Joe Flacco - Delaware
4. Jake Delhomme- Louisiana Lafayette

Last roughly 25 or 30 years:
1. Phil Simms - Morehead State
2. Doug Williams - Grambling State
3. Stan Humphries - Northeast Louisiana
4. Ron Jaworski - Youngstown State
5. Dan Pastorini - Santa Clara
6. Ken Anderson - Augustana

Very small list in recent years.
The reality is that the pedigree of the collegiate program does matter at achieving high success at the NFL level, of course there are exceptions.

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Was afraid of this, Killebrew is going to start rocketing up draft boards.

Killebrew actually measured in at just under 6-2 and 219. He can always gain weight, guy is rocked up but very lean, however he's never going to get to 6-3 unless he starts sporting inch and half heels.

I like Killebrew, but I just don't think he has a position in the NFL. I am not saying he couldn't come in and still be a standout, like Thomas Davis or Buchanon to a lesser extent, but where he is going to get picked I think we could get a guy who is an immediate impact starter like a Karl Joseph.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Reading some of these recaps, it looks like there will be 45 sure first rounders, 30 of those going in the top 15. And that's only from the ones at the Senior Bowl!

I think that is a symptom of the draft being so flat. There are going to be a lot more need picks this year because that whole second tier of players are so close in talent and there are so many in that tier.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I think that is a symptom of the draft being so flat. There are going to be a lot more need picks this year because that whole second tier of players are so close in talent and there are so many in that tier.

No position? I disagree. He can be the starting SS right now. He is already better in coverage than Church or Wilcox, never mind the bad angles and missed tackles.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Reading some of these recaps, it looks like there will be 45 sure first rounders, 30 of those going in the top 15. And that's only from the ones at the Senior Bowl!
:clap:
I was kind of thinking the same thing: "Dang, there's some talent in this draft."

texbumthelife

Reaction score
No position? I disagree. He can be the starting SS right now. He is already better in coverage than Church or Wilcox, never mind the bad angles and missed tackles.

I need to see how he runs before I proclaim him a day one starter. He looks very stiff and late in his breaks to me. He is a hitter and an athlete but I question his ability to cover in the NFL.

I would much rather have Karl Joseph.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Anyone is better than Wilcox. Hell, you might be better than Wilcox. As far as Church, Killebrew is a significantly better athlete, but Church has forgotten more about football than Killebrew knows. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he would be better in coverage either. He looks very stiff and late in his breaks. I think he could develope into a good SS, but he's not better than Church at anything except running, right now. In fact, he takes a lot of the same bad angles as Church and that's going to get him smoked in the NFL.

He may be a great guy to bring in as an eventual successor and someone who can play a SS/LB hybrid, but he's not going to beat out Church this season.

And yes, I say all of this knowing how this board loves to bash on Church and how much heat I will take from the "everyone is better than Church" crowd.

Church struggles in coverage. Killebrew may struggle with NFL receivers but will be better than Church covering TEs and RBs. Not sure what tape you'be seen but this kid is not only fast but fluid in coverage. And is a better center fielder than Wilcox will ever be. Instead of lacking a position, Killebrew can play multiple spots IMO.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I need to see how he runs before I proclaim him a day one starter. He looks very stiff and late in his breaks to me. He is a hitter and an athlete but I question his ability to cover in the NFL.

I would much rather have Karl Joseph.

I like them both but wouldn't take either before the 4th round. And i wouldn't expect either to be immediate starters

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lets not put Risen on suicide watch, this is actually excellent news. Browns take QB and Cowboys take best D player or trade down to stockpile more picks.

Cowboys still end up with Wentz after couple years in minor leagues, I mean with Browns. So Cowboys still get their QB except would not have spend draft pick on him.

I'm thinking about taking Jalen Ramsey with the Cowboys in the Kiper Invitational purely for @Risen Star 's reaction message when I send in the pick. It may shut the Kiper down.