Senior Bowl Chatter....

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Church struggles in coverage. Killebrew may struggle with NFL receivers but will be better than Church covering TEs and RBs. Not sure what tape you'be seen but this kid is not only fast but fluid in coverage. And is a better center fielder than Wilcox will ever be. Instead of lacking a position, Killebrew can play multiple spots IMO.

Kid definitely have some upside.

Reactions: BAT

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I like them both but wouldn't take either before the 4th round. And i wouldn't expect either to be immediate starters

For Jospeh I need to see where he is at in his rehab. Without that injury I think he's a first round pick. If he is going to be ready in time for camp, he is going to go in the second round.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Church struggles in coverage. Killebrew may struggle with NFL receivers but will be better than Church covering TEs and RBs. Not sure what tape you'be seen but this kid is not only fast but fluid in coverage. And is a better center fielder than Wilcox will ever be. Instead of lacking a position, Killebrew can play multiple spots IMO.

Church doesn't play center field and I agree, never should, so that's not really pertinent to the argument.

However, I disagree about Killebrew's fluidity. He looks very stiff to me. I have watched everything I can on the kid and against lower rung NCAA competition, he looks pretty good in comparison. However, I don't think that is going to translate to the NFL. I don't think he has the movement skills to run with NFL receivers (be it wideouts, TEs or RBS), which why I think many people are projecting him as an undersized linebacker instead of a safety.

If he comes out and kills it in the shuttle and cone drill at the combine, I will be happy to change my stance. I like him as a player, I just think he's in for a tough transition when his athleticism isn't so much better than everyone else's.

Also, the Church hate is so casually common here now, that no one even bothers to actually watch tape and get into the numbers. When you do, it's pretty clear Church isn't the bum so many here want to make him out to be. It's just easy to jump in with the negative group think. He has lost some athleticism and it's definitely time to start thinking about having someone behind him, however outside of a miraculous performance by a rookie, I don't think anyone supplants him this season. Not full time at least.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
The Browns are not taking him ahead of Goff. Years of game tape >>> Senior Bowl.

I would argue the browns would rather have a better prepared prospect now regardless if the 2nd option may have a better career due to his celing. Hey better for us.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
For Jospeh I need to see where he is at in his rehab. Without that injury I think he's a first round pick. If he is going to be ready in time for camp, he is going to go in the second round.

If we are going to to spend that high of a pick for our SS it needs to be Craven IMO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical. Let's say Cowboys end up liking Wentz a lot after this week but still have him on their board in the 10-15 range. Goff goes off the board to Cleveland.

So........... do you then just take Wentz at 4 above your draft grade or do you try to trade back and hope no one grabs him? Based on reports up here, Philly seems to like him and they could nab him at 13.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If we are going to to spend that high of a pick for our SS it needs to be Craven IMO.

Cravens will go in the first round, but I would absolutely love to get him in the second if he's there. I think he is the most exciting prospect in the draft. As with Killebrew, however, I need to see hit shuttle and cone drills. He may struggle when asked to cover one on one.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Here's a hypothetical. Let's say Cowboys end up liking Wentz a lot after this week but still have him on their board in the 10-15 range. Goff goes off the board to Cleveland.

So........... do you then just take Wentz at 4 above your draft grade or do you try to trade back and hope no one grabs him? Based on reports up here, Philly seems to like him and they could nab him at 13.

At this point, if he is there at 4, I really don't see any chance the Cowboys don't stay put and take him.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

It will be a mistake to get cute and trade down if they really like him. Personally i believe at least 4 QBs will go in the first round. I wouldn't gamble with a trade down unless there was more than one QB I liked.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Marinelli was messing around with somebody wearing a Ravens jacket by running around the goalpost.

Riveting stuff.