Separated/Divorce

lukin2006

Reaction score
If you don't have one, get a warm blooded pet. You'll have someone to talk to and they'll pay attention and look like they're agreeing with you regardless of how insane you might sound to yourself.

And neither of my dogs has ever said "don't you think you've had enough to drink"?

I have a beautiful 6 year old black lab named Remi ... and she never questions my drinking either ... lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
Now my wife tells me she is not even going to look for a lawyer until next week ... *** ... she says she wants this over quick, then get a lawyer. My lawyer says the lawyer she originally had is a great lawyer and very fair...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now my wife tells me she is not even going to look for a lawyer until next week ... *** ... she says she wants this over quick, then get a lawyer. My lawyer says the lawyer she originally had is a great lawyer and very fair...
Maybe that's why she's not happy with him.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe that's why she's not happy with him.

You might be right. My lawyer is excellent. I have no worries, I'm pretty sure he can hold his own against any lawyer. 43 years experience helps... I know one thing, his math skills are amazing, he's calculating numbers in his head most people would be using a calculator for...

lukin2006

Reaction score
I may never win husband of the year. Might win EX of the year. We both have a credit card from the same company (different accounts) ... she said she could not get through ... would always get disconnected. I told her to leave it with me and I'll get it figured out. Sent her a text of a phone number that works. Got through to an agent in 2 minutes. Maybe the number on the back of the old card is not working. It's possible I am a fool for helping her...:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may never win husband of the year. Might win EX of the year. We both have a credit card from the same company (different accounts) ... she said she could not get through ... would always get disconnected. I told her to leave it with me and I'll get it figured out. Sent her a text of a phone number that works. Got through to an agent in 2 minutes. Maybe the number on the back of the old card is not working. It's possible I am a fool for helping her...:laugh:
You are not just helping her, you are helping you. Everything you do right now will be something you will look back on and feel good about yourself.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I let my lawyer know she still has to find a lawyer. He said "no prob". It takes time for me to get all the info needed anyways. It'll be fine. I refuse to be bitter. I choose to smile and be happy. In the end its better be alone than with someone who want a different path in life ... and I have to respect that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am absolutely looking forward single life and my own place ... I am not getting involved with anyone anytime soon.
hey lukin.
Are you two keeping track of assets now? This limbo waiting period is sometimes when the hoarding takes place if not overseen.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
hey lukin.
Are you two keeping tract of assets now? This limbo waiting period is sometimes when the hording takes place if not overseen.

Our bank accounts are separate. We are dividing furniture peacefully.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You probably know this
Do you live in a community property state?
If so, she can spend or hide everything in her account and still get half of yours.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife left me when I was out of town. When I returned on Mother's Day half the furniture and other stuff was gone. She was the judge/jury/executioner of what stayed and what she kept. Most of the stuff I would not have cared about. It was the idea of what she did that angered me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When I got my divorce, it couldn't have been more civil. Neither of us had lawyer. We together wrote the divorce agreement and just used a mediator to correct the legal jargon within it so it met the courts requirements.

I just finished paying off my alimony on June. To celebrate it finally being over for me. She bought me a gift (a case of very nice wine glasses) and took me out to lunch lol.