Should have traded for a running back

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I heard the same thing. When I read it, definitely felt like it was personal against the Ravens or something cause the deal was supposed to have been pretty substantial for Henry. And you make that deal 100% of the time when you're sitting on a 30yr old rb whose contract is up and your team isn't going to win that year. So I wonder if another team had offered something similar if the owner would have accepted it.
I hadn't heard it was anything against the Ravens. Not sure if there's bad blood there they seem to just want to hold on to Henry. I don't understand it honestly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Should have traded for a running back​

Mark my words it's going to come back and bite us that is if we want to go any further than just making the playoffs.
Did you say the same thing about the Cowboys not bringing in a vet kicker?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mark my words it's going to come back and bite us that is if we want to go any further than just making the playoffs.
I'll say it now Jerry should have pushed his chips in the middle of the table and got Derrick Henry.
The teams that can get a yard when they need it and run the ball to close games out are going to be the ones that go deep into the playoffs.
If Pollard makes it to the end of the season I will be astonished.

Jerry went cheap again and we will be sitting home watching our horrible division rivals the eagles be able to push their way and bully their way into the NFC championship game.

Thoughts!!!!
We should have, but there's no evidence anyone was willing to trade one, at least not for a good price. I'm very frustrated with how Dallas has handled the running back position this season, but I just don't know if an answer was available to us in a trade. Maybe we checked, maybe we didn't.

I think the focus (as far as being upset with no trades) has to be on what we know: Players who were traded and what they cost the teams that traded for them.

Donovan Peoples-Jones for a 2025 sixth might not have been bad considering Gallup's play so far.

Definitely would have like to get Chase Young or Montez Sweat to take some of the pass rush pressure off Parsons, but don't know if Washington would have traded either to us for the same price they charged the 49ers and the Bears.

If we were looking for corner help, Rasul Douglas and a fifth for a third wasn't too bad of a deal, but considering we have Bland, Gilmore and Lewis as our top three, I'm not sure it moves the needle (much).

Same with the Minnesota offensive lineman Ezra Cleveland. I'm not sure he's better than what we've got.

Although I've been an advocate for improving our 3-tech position, I can't say I would have traded a second-round pick and a 2025 fifth for the Giants' Leonard Williams. And I'm not sure New York would have traded him to us, even at that price.

I hate that Philly added an All-Pro safety in Kevin Byard. Even though we're good at the safety position, I can't say I would have minded us shipping Hooker to Tennessee for Byard along with a couple of late-round picks. Of course, we didn't have a fifth and a sixth this year to use, and the Titans might have preferred Edmunds to Hooker.

I think that's all the deals ... so who would you have wanted for what they cost.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Don't need a RB, they need better blocking. Bringing in Henry wouldn't have put this team over the top, because this team is not built to be a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense. Even with Henry, this team will go as far as Dak's arm (and legs) take them. This is a passing team, that should sprinkle in some run...not a running team. The rag-tag o-line ain't built to pound the rock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What am I the only one that recognizes that were in a situation where might makes right and we don't have enough of it.

How many times do you have to see the eagles do that push and make teams just eat their dust and get to super bowls while we sit on our hands before it finally sinks in that we are a soft team and need to establish some physical presence. If we ever want to get any further if we just want to be on TV every week we stay as we are
Derrick Henry hasn’t rushed for more than 69 yards in his last three playoff games and the Titans are 0-3 in those games. The Cowboys have OL issues and the teams they’re going to have to get past in the playoffs, Philly and San Francisco will gear up to stop the run. It would’ve been a waste of a premium draft pick trading for him.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Did you say the same thing about the Cowboys not bringing in a vet kicker?
Don't remember but for future reference I don't care if it's a veteran a youngster or a rookie I just like somebody who can put it through the uprights on a consistent basis not that that has anything to do with the discussion we're having here on the running back position

Kumala808

Reaction score
Would have preferred a ol but if this team just plays with the same level of intensity as this past Sunday. They should go a long way

visionary

Reaction score
I'll say it now Jerry should have pushed his chips in the middle of the table and got Derrick Henry.
The teams that can get a yard when they need it and run the ball to close games out are going to be the ones that go deep into the playoffs.
If Pollard makes it to the end of the season I will be astonished.

Jerry went cheap again and we will be sitting home watching our horrible division rivals the eagles be able to push their way and bully their way into the NFC championship game.

Thoughts!!!!
Absolutely

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a stable of healthy running backs. They actually can use Leupke and Davis at anytime going forward. It will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the way.