CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayseed

Reaction score
This is what happens when you make a person that actually believes he is always "the smartest person in the room" a Head football coach. Someone like that will NEVER learn from their mistakes because they honestly believe they dont make any. The very definition of Hubris. That same attitude has brought a great many people down and as sure as Im sitting here today it WILL also bring him down. Cant come soon enuff!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. Only 15 pages? Why hasn't this thread hit 20 pages already? oh this will never do. What will pump up the replies? What will re-ignite the emotional comments? I got it!

Hey! Everyone! Take a look at that why don't you! The poll is now 486 to 39, a margin of almost 93% Yes to 7% No. Just think about that. 39 no votes? What the heck? This outrage cannot stand! Sure, one guy said this but <bleep> that! THEY MUST PAY FOR THEIR BLASPHEMY! Respond now!!!!!!!and one more exclamation mark for effect!

20+ pages here we come. :popcorn:
In all fairness, when sites like this have a poll where a majority of the users vote one way, a lot of the users who would vote the other way don't feel it is worth the reactions and responses they may get just to support a losing side in a lop-sided poll.

Of course in this case, I don't think there are 450+ people who fall into that category .. :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all fairness, when sites like this have a poll where a majority of the users vote one way, a lot of the users who would vote the other way don't feel it is worth the reactions and responses they may get just to support a losing side in a lop-sided poll.

Of course in this case, I don't think there are 450+ people who fall into that category .. :D
Rats! :mad: I made the perfect post that would have stroked the fires of... however it can be described... and would have gotten away with it too if not for you meddling kids!

scooby_doo_pose_85_postcard-r16c20622e61347b28aa5466115375d0a_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Scoobee Doobee Doooo!

waldoputty

Reaction score
i recognize about half of those on the 'no' list and half on the 'yes' list.
some i have never seen on both lists.
similar impression for everyone?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i recognize about half of those on the 'no' list and half on the 'yes' list.
some i have never seen on both lists.
similar impression for everyone?
It is probably worth considering the site has thousands of members, of which over 99%, literally, do not actively participate on the forums regularly. That might explain some of the unfamiliar names.

aria

Reaction score
And some will never stop trying to come up with very lame excuses for Red Ball.
If it's not mostly on Jerry and his shoddy decisions then why hasn't this team won squat in over 2 decades? It's a carousel of coaches here and they all have had similar results. Having possibly the worst "gm" in football for the past twenty years is hardly a lame excuse. It's sad, unfortunate and a fact.

aria

Reaction score
You make some very good points. I've agreed all along about the secondary - I predicted 9-7 largely because of losing 4 veterans and as recently as two days ago people were amazed I could have ever thought that. I made that prediction before Zeke was ever suspended and that's only made it worse. Also, any coach who comes to Dallas is going to be hamstrung by the Joneses, which is why I'm not sure it matters all that much who coaches the Cowboys because it's an uphill battle.

But here's why I disagree: In six full seasons as head coach Garrett has had 2 winning campaigns. We'll see what happens in this one but it's trending toward 2 out of 7. That's not exactly a track record any coach would hang his hat on. Injuries? What team doesn't have injuries? McCarthy won a SB at Green Bay with 16 guys on IR. Look at what teams like New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle do when they lose guys to injuries or suspension. Are they as dominant? No, but the wheels don't completely fall off either. In Dallas, everything has to be just right - like last season. As soon as a key person misses time, not only are they going to lose but they'll probably lose badly. The season effectively ends because there is no means of adapting to the situation - just plug the next guy in and hope for the best.

Blaming the QB is about as bad as blaming the refs, by the way. Both are very easy. Has Dak played well lately? Nope. Neither has anyone else, which is why we're losing in epic fashion. And if Garrett can't develop a QB - he inherited Romo - then what good does his experience as a QB do us? How many passes is JG supposed to get? How much time does "Coach of the Year" (followed by a first round playoff exit) buy him? A decade?

God only knows who Jerrah would hire to replace him, but if the guy can't produce in Dallas then it's time to try something else. That said, I think JG will still be our coach in 2018. Jerry loves him.
Like I said, I would give him one more year and the reasons the wheels don't fall off when other teams lose players is because they have a GM that has either drafted them depth or goes out in FA to help the problem. Our GM has done little to nothing. Also, there's a difference between losing one or two key players vs 3-4 pro bowlers.

The coaches you mentioned are also elite and obviously better then Garrett but I'm also very skeptical anyone of that caliber would ever come here due to Jerry. Garrett also had to deal with the Romo injury fiasco with Weeden, there's no overcoming that no matter who your coach is.

Again, one more year with no major incidents and even just a decent draft or FA moves to add some depth. If he doesn't produce then throw him out.

BTW, a lot of times the teams that have everything go just right and make it to the playoffs are the ones with the least injuries and/or suspensions so the Cowboys season last year was very similar to a lot of teams.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Like I said, I would give him one more year and the reasons the wheels don't fall off when other teams lose players is because they have a GM that has either drafted them depth or goes out in FA to help the problem. Our GM has done little to nothing. Also, there's a difference between losing one or two key players vs 3-4 pro bowlers.

The coaches you mentioned are also elite and obviously better then Garrett but I'm also very skeptical anyone of that caliber would ever come here due to Jerry. Garrett also had to deal with the Romo injury fiasco with Weeden, there's no overcoming that no matter who your coach is.

Again, one more year with no major incidents and even just a decent draft or FA moves to add some depth. If he doesn't produce then throw him out.

BTW, a lot of times the teams that have everything go just right and make it to the playoffs are the ones with the least injuries and/or suspensions so the Cowboys season last year was very similar to a lot of teams.

Lmao

Give him another year? Are you high? He’s been the coach for 7 years with no results other than dubious statistics. Enough is enough.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they don't win I just don't see how you tell the fan base well there is hope it will be better we are going to win one playoff win in eight years is not a lot to hang your hat on if garrett stays think I will have even more and more free time next year

Status
Not open for further replies.