Sick Of Dak!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have a GM that understands they could not afford to pay him and still have a SB caliber team.

Any team can afford to sign anyone. The question is at what cost to the rest of your team.
I mean I’m looking at their salaries and they’ve wasted money on inferior players like Justin Reid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Buzzbait said:
Mahomes is in a 10 year contract for 450M. About 45 M$ a year, and he lost a great WR Hill, couldn't afford 'em both I guess.
And Dak wants more than that.
I'm glad Dak doesn't play for money. Phew!

Possibly, but there was more to it than that. Hill was up for an extension with the possibility of becoming the NFL's highest paid WR at the time, on top of the fact that Mahomes had landed that big 450 M$ deal. I can't say if they could or couldn't afford another blockbuster deal on top of Mahomes' deal, but I'd lay odds it at least played a part at any rate.
I just base it on what they paid for…..seems like they could’ve made those salaries work. They did offer him a deal that would’ve compensated them but according to Hill he wanted more opportunities so I can’t really say the exact season but I don’t think it was affordability.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m getting sick & tired hearing from Dak’s own lips that he doesn’t play for money, yet he & his agent have stated they aren’t giving the Cowboys a “hometown” discount!
So here in lies the difference between Dak vs. Brady & Mahomes. Brady NEVER had the highest QB contract, always took less money than he could have asked for, as his owner with the Pats, Bob Kraft has said many times. Mahomes was recently asked if it bothers him to be paid less than the QB’s who have just signed newer, higher contracts and his answer was NO, it leaves more money for the guys around him! Both of these 2 QB’s have won multiple Super Bowls while Dak, has taken as much as possible with little to nothing to show for it!! Dak is phony, not the team player he pretends to be & when the chips are on the line, a massive choker! Play the year out and let him be gone!
well how about the othr 400 QBs who have played in NFL. you used Brady, whose wife made 3 times what he did. and Brady was at one point highest paid player in NFL. only when he got older he took slightly less

and mahomes got a 10 year 450M contract. the largest contract every handed out in the NFL. EVER. and at the time made him highest paid player in the league.

and tell me, what would you be ok with paying Dak. 50M? 52M? 55M? you complain a bunch but never really put much thought into it.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of Jerry shortchanging players that have accomplished the same thing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, old fellow, have you tried for a hobby, something for the community? It could further brighten your golden years.
I'm gonna help the Fighing Idiots from Farmer's Branch...they need a lot of help. I met some in person when I went to the Gas Monkey....help is on the way! First order of business is to get rid of their fake accents.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All the fans that have been hating on him will be a lot sicker of his replacements if he walks at the end of this season. I’m sure he’s sick of this fan base. If he does walk he’ll be walking away with his middle finger raised.
Why would he be sick of the fans who call him out for his frequent failures? We know, he wants us to just accept it and move on. And give him a massive pay raise to go along with his failures.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a Dak hate or love post

I have no problem with any player getting as much as they can. If I work hard at my job and another company offered me more money I'd allow my boss the chance to match or beat the offer. If they can't or won't... I'll leave, no hard feelings.

That said, I prefer the Cowboys not pay what it's likely to cost to retain Dak. If they decide to pay him I will cheer for him with all my might. If they move one I will cheer the next QB with all my might. Before Dak I cheered Romo just the same.
That's right. This isn't up to dak. Jerry holds the cards. Good hand or not.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
At this point Dak knows he's not going to win a Super Bowl so he might as well cash in. Had they lost in the championship game last year Dak might be willing to take less money just to get a ring. With the lack of off-season FA signings he knows Jerry isn't serious about winning it all this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mods, why exactly was this not moved to the rant zone???
Slow day? Needed more of the same nonsense?
Don't believe in message of the pinned threads?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the fans that have been hating on him will be a lot sicker of his replacements if he walks at the end of this season. I’m sure he’s sick of this fan base. If he does walk he’ll be walking away with his middle finger raised.
Wow...sounds a little personal.

Dak doesn't care abut fans and already gave the middle finger with "move on".

It's funny...people say "you think Dak cares what you think".

Then say "He's sick of the fanbase and will flip them off".

Brax

Reaction score
My post has nothing to do with Dak. It was debunking the lie that fans keep spewing. Yes, in his prime he was the highest paid in the league.

It’s 2024…you don’t get paid based on rings. If they did Trevor Lawrence and Kyler Murray would be less rich.
From the time Brady started making “real money” until the end of his Patriots tenure—a sixteen-season span ranging from 2004–19—Brady had career earnings of $241 million, an average per year (APY) of roughly $15 million
Aaron Rodgers will have played fourteen seasons (2009–22) of post-rookie contract earnings after the upcoming season. Even assuming his contract is not upgraded for the coming season—which it will be by the Packers or another team—his earnings will be just under $300 million, an APY of over $21 million many similarly situated players that have consistently outpaced Brady in NFL contract earnings, by margins of over $8 million and $6 million, respectively, per year!

Brax

Reaction score
well how about the othr 400 QBs who have played in NFL. you used Brady, whose wife made 3 times what he did. and Brady was at one point highest paid player in NFL. only when he got older he took slightly less

and mahomes got a 10 year 450M contract. the largest contract every handed out in the NFL. EVER. and at the time made him highest paid player in the league.

and tell me, what would you be ok with paying Dak. 50M? 52M? 55M? you complain a bunch but never really put much thought into it.
He has a supermodel wife that makes more than him. Please. This suggests Brady would have negotiated more aggressively had his wife been, well, normal. TB took less because his wife was rich lmao. Wonder how it worked out for the divorce, just stupid thinking

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He has a supermodel wife that makes more than him. Please. This suggests Brady would have negotiated more aggressively had his wife been, well, normal. TB took less because his wife was rich lmao. Wonder how it worked out for the divorce, just stupid thinking
how do you know he wouldn't have? and its funny, there are a lot of other QBs who won chapionships. a lot of other players who have won. but only one Brady and everyone says, be like Brady. how about Zeke? should he have been like Brady instead of wanting to be the highest paid RB? how about Lawrence? he got paid a lot for 6 sacks a year. 99.99% of the NFL players ask for what they can get. but hey...Brady!!!....

and like I asked, what would you expect him to take? you are avoiding that...............

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I would have a lot more respect for Dak if he was honest, and said he wants the largest contract he can get.

When he says he doesn't play for money, or he is doing it for the brotherhood- that's just disingenuous.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yea me too. No matter what the fans say, the front-office doesnt truly believe in him.

^^^this is why he doesnt have a contract yet

We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that's what we have done"

Hmmm! Does that mean Jerry is acknowledging that Dak will probably never win a SB?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The lies you tell….

During halftime of the Saints-Vikings game, Sports Illustrated's Peter King announced that Tom Brady had singed to a four-year contract extension that will pay the quarterback an average of $18 million per year, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history.
If Dak was married to a super model that made more money per year than most NFL quarterbacks, he might take less money as well. People forget that about Brady.

But the plain truth is that few quarterbacks give the 'hometown' discount. I remember Drew Brees being offered about $1 million less than the highest paid qb, yet he didn't sign until he got only a few hundred thousand dollars more. In other words, he said the same thing Dak is saying, but still, he didn't sign until he became the highest paid.

So Dak is hardly unique in what he says....