Sick Of Dak!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's your debate ability against the PAPPY?
TROLL..........I know debating me is the MOON for you and understand.
Love you Rocky ya even just the way you are baby!!!!

Brax

Reaction score
During halftime of the Saints-Vikings game, Sports Illustrated's Peter Kingannounced that Tom Brady had singed to a four-year contract extension that will pay the quarterback an average of $18 million per year, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history.
Another screw up for Peter king. He’s wrong

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have no problem with players asking for what ever they want, it’s up to the team to decide if they want to pay it. So your premise is Brady took less because his wife made a lot of money, and of course she said Tom we don’t need or like money we have so much take less money and be happy. What person do you know yourself included that because his wife makes 3 or 4 times what he does would say to any employer I don’t want the 150,000 a year I’m happy with 100,000 as a example. Tom’s way worked and and not over paying players led to a lot of Super Bowls and CCGs.
Tom Brady was at o e point highest paid QB. So people point to the end of his career and say hey look he took less. Yes, because at thar point he had.made his money he had then life and he just wanted another opportunity. And it's not like he took peanuts. He was close to the top.

But if you want to tell me 5M average makes or breaks a team being a superbowl.conrender or not then I call bullshiet.

And Brady is the only example anybody ever brings up where 1000s yes literally 1000s of other players didn't.

So how much less do you Dak should take? 5M, 6 M, 7M? Will that make or break this team. We had 10M on the cap last year. Could have made is 20M. The year before we had 15M. The year before that was 10M. Do cap space hasn't been the issue. It's cap management and building a team that's been the biggest issue.

There is zero denying that the Jonses haven't managed the cap well. And Haven't been able to put a complete team together.

And before going and saying I am defending Dak or advocating for him getting a large contract, you would be wrong. all I am saying is that the dollars people often argue about are not a difference maker in building a championship team or not. its just the argument of what fans think a player is worth based on their perception, regardless of what the market thinks and does.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
My post has nothing to do with Dak. It was debunking the lie that fans keep spewing. Yes, in his prime he was the highest paid in the league.

It’s 2024…you don’t get paid based on rings. If they did Trevor Lawrence and Kyler Murray would be less rich.

But , but, but Jacksonville and Arizona overpaid , so we should overpay our CHOKER too right ??

LMAO !! :facepalm:

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
All the fans that have been hating on him will be a lot sicker of his replacements if he walks at the end of this season. I’m sure he’s sick of this fan base. If he does walk he’ll be walking away with his middle finger raised.

Is that before or after he gets bood off the field again >?

:laugh:

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m getting sick & tired hearing from Dak’s own lips that he doesn’t play for money, yet he & his agent have stated they aren’t giving the Cowboys a “hometown” discount!
So here in lies the difference between Dak vs. Brady & Mahomes. Brady NEVER had the highest QB contract, always took less money than he could have asked for, as his owner with the Pats, Bob Kraft has said many times. Mahomes was recently asked if it bothers him to be paid less than the QB’s who have just signed newer, higher contracts and his answer was NO, it leaves more money for the guys around him! Both of these 2 QB’s have won multiple Super Bowls while Dak, has taken as much as possible with little to nothing to show for it!! Dak is phony, not the team player he pretends to be & when the chips are on the line, a massive choker! Play the year out and let him be gone!
Dak has always been a fraud just like his QB play of padding stats against bas teams..

khiladi

Reaction score
You can’t put enough talent around Dak no matter the amount of money he makes, to win a SB. He’s a choker. Always has been. You can’t change that.
You need to actually be good to choke.. Dak has always been an average QB…

Brax

Reaction score
Tom Brady was at o e point highest paid QB. So people point to the end of his career and say hey look he took less. Yes, because at thar point he had.made his money he had then life and he just wanted another opportunity. And it's not like he took peanuts. He was close to the top.

But if you want to tell me 5M average makes or breaks a team being a superbowl.conrender or not then I call bullshiet.

And Brady is the only example anybody ever brings up where 1000s yes literally 1000s of other players didn't.

So how much less do you Dak should take? 5M, 6 M, 7M? Will that make or break this team. We had 10M on the cap last year. Could have made is 20M. The year before we had 15M. The year before that was 10M. Do cap space hasn't been the issue. It's cap management and building a team that's been the biggest issue.

There is zero denying that the Jonses haven't managed the cap well. And Haven't been able to put a complete team together.

And before going and saying I am defending Dak or advocating for him getting a large contract, you would be wrong. all I am saying is that the dollars people often argue about are not a difference maker in building a championship team or not. its just the argument of what fans think a player is worth based on their perception, regardless of what the market thinks and does.
Wouldn’t accuse you of anything, as for what Dak should take, that’s his call. My opinion doesn’t matter with Dak. All I know is TB taking less and jettisoning players who wanted top dollar seemed to work pretty well for many years, Brady made that decision others wouldn’t. What ever the saving it worked, the other side is Brady delivered time and time again, Dak not so much but what ever Dak gets good for him, just don’t expect results with 3 or 4 or 5 top paid players in Dallas because it all adds up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Discount actually implies he’s good.

Him thinking he’s worth what he thinks is the best way to get him out of here. Building a more talented team around him isn’t going to inprove his ability to see the field and make quick decisions.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You can’t put enough talent around Dak no matter the amount of money he makes, to win a SB. He’s a choker. Always has been. You can’t change that.
Sure you can. Stafford accomplished absolutely zero for over a decade. Not even one single divisional title. Zero playoff wins. Choked tremendously against Dallas in 2014 playoffs. He even had one of the best WRs to ever play.

He gets traded to the Rams to play under the QB whisperer, Sean McVay. Suddenly, he wins a Super Bowl right away. Rams front office went all out to win that ring and it happened. McVay creates an offensive system catered around his QB's strengths. McVay had people believing Goff was going to be one of the next best QBs.

Coaching and front office matters. Surround yourself with good ones, your chances to succeed are much higher. Surround yourself with Jason Garrett, the Jones circus act and Mike McCarthy, your chances of succeeding are much lower. Any QB that plays here is going to have to overcome coaching and the front office instead of benefitting from it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wouldn’t accuse you of anything, as for what Dak should take, that’s his call. My opinion doesn’t matter with Dak. All I know is TB taking less and jettisoning players who wanted top dollar seemed to work pretty well for many years, Brady made that decision others wouldn’t. What ever the saving it worked, the other side is Brady delivered time and time again, Dak not so much but what ever Dak gets good for him, just don’t expect results with 3 or 4 or 5 top paid players in Dallas because it all adds up.
It adds up to early playoff exits.

Is better to have 3 of the highest paid players at a single position or have let's say 15 players in the top 10 of a position on a team?

If we are supposed to be so good at drafting, then we should trade a player that wants to be the highest paid for multiple draft picks. Plus you save the money to go FA shopping or extend more of your key players.

One of the main reasons we won in the 90's was because of the Herschel Walker trade.

Brax

Reaction score
It adds up to early playoff exits.

Is better to have 3 of the highest paid players at a single position or have let's say 15 players in the top 10 of a position on a team?

If we are supposed to be so good at drafting, then we should trade a player that wants to be the highest paid for multiple draft picks. Plus you save the money to go FA shopping or extend more of your key players.

One of the main reasons we won in the 90's was because of the Herschel Walker trade.
Thanks for a nice conversation greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yes, Brady is GOAT. Brady delivered. time and again. that's why he is the GOAT. Dak is not elite. not sure what your point is with this comment.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If everyone does it it’s not an overpay it’s the going rate.
Ok, bud whats the going rate for stat padding that needs to be carried QB who couldn't beat a team with a playoff pulse if his life depended on it????????????

Common now give us the RATE?????????????????????????

See Markets also look at Return on Investment and Daktrash is a dog bow wow STOCK!!!

morat1959

Reaction score
Sure you can. Stafford accomplished absolutely zero for over a decade. Not even one single divisional title. Zero playoff wins. Choked tremendously against Dallas in 2014 playoffs. He even had one of the best WRs to ever play.

He gets traded to the Rams to play under the QB whisperer, Sean McVay. Suddenly, he wins a Super Bowl right away. Rams front office went all out to win that ring and it happened. McVay creates an offensive system catered around his QB's strengths. McVay had people believing Goff was going to be one of the next best QBs.

Coaching and front office matters. Surround yourself with good ones, your chances to succeed are much higher. Surround yourself with Jason Garrett, the Jones circus act and Mike McCarthy, your chances of succeeding are much lower. Any QB that plays here is going to have to overcome coaching and the front office instead of benefitting from it.
Dak ain’t Stafford. He’s not in the same universe. Their brains don’t work
the same.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I get your point. However, CeeDee is by every list I've seen no lower than the 3rd highest rated WR. He can ask for top dollar because he's at or very near the top at his position.

Dak, on the other hand, is by most lists I've seen somewhere around the 8th or so ranked qb. Plus, as the qb he has much more input into winning the games than CeeDee does, and he hasn't performed well in the playoffs.

So Dak imho can't ask for top dollar, CeeDee can. Also, if no CeeDee how can the Cowboys get another top 3 WR? They can't, drafting one is risky and doesn't usually produce a top wr for at least a couple of years, and any free agent WR as good as CeeDee will cost just as much as CeeDee is worth.
And thought he might not be Dak, Rush has performed at least serviceably when he's played, going from Dak to Rush would not be nearly as big a drop as from CeeDee to say, Tolbert?
Dak sought, and received, a no trade clause and no tag clause so he could be free of the Cowboys if the spirit moved him. He plays out his contract and can then sign for the offer he likes the most. And the team that signs him does not have to compensate the Cowboys anything. My god, even Zach Wilson cost the Broncos a sixth. Obviously Dak is not afraid to move on. Just as obvious, Jerry Jones is afraid to cut him loose. He clings to Prescott because he’s too scared to face this season without him.

While Jerry would have to take an expedited cap hit and forfeit a 3rd round comp pick in 2026, he’d owe Dak no compensation ($29 million) and could begin a Cowboys future sans Dak Prescott. Jerry’s not going to spend any cap room on anyone anyway. Hell, he doesn’t even sign his best player who is holding out. He wastes draft picks mindlessly (Lance) so no way a late 3rd rounder two years from now means anything to him. Jerry Jones is petrified to make a move which is why he can’t get his team in bonafide contention for a Super Bowl.

Dak and his agent know Jerry well enough to know the Cowboys are about money. Jerry Jones, fittingly, has a QB1 that sees the NFL the same way. The issue is money. Jerry intends to get his, and so does Dak.