Sick Of Dak!

Brax

Reaction score
how do you know he wouldn't have? and its funny, there are a lot of other QBs who won chapionships. a lot of other players who have won. but only one Brady and everyone says, be like Brady. how about Zeke? should he have been like Brady instead of wanting to be the highest paid RB? how about Lawrence? he got paid a lot for 6 sacks a year. 99.99% of the NFL players ask for what they can get. but hey...Brady!!!....

and like I asked, what would you expect him to take? you are avoiding that...............
I have no problem with players asking for what ever they want, it’s up to the team to decide if they want to pay it. So your premise is Brady took less because his wife made a lot of money, and of course she said Tom we don’t need or like money we have so much take less money and be happy. What person do you know yourself included that because his wife makes 3 or 4 times what he does would say to any employer I don’t want the 150,000 a year I’m happy with 100,000 as a example. Tom’s way worked and and not over paying players led to a lot of Super Bowls and CCGs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m getting sick & tired hearing from Dak’s own lips that he doesn’t play for money, yet he & his agent have stated they aren’t giving the Cowboys a “hometown” discount!
So here in lies the difference between Dak vs. Brady & Mahomes. Brady NEVER had the highest QB contract, always took less money than he could have asked for, as his owner with the Pats, Bob Kraft has said many times. Mahomes was recently asked if it bothers him to be paid less than the QB’s who have just signed newer, higher contracts and his answer was NO, it leaves more money for the guys around him! Both of these 2 QB’s have won multiple Super Bowls while Dak, has taken as much as possible with little to nothing to show for it!! Dak is phony, not the team player he pretends to be & when the chips are on the line, a massive choker! Play the year out and let him be gone!
Actually, Brady did at one point in his career have the highest QB contract. As I recall, it wasn't long before someone else passed him, but there was a point

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Why would Dak take less money in Dallas? GM Jerhro can't build a SB team anyway.

Maybe CD should take less money. Does he not want to win a SB?
I get your point. However, CeeDee is by every list I've seen no lower than the 3rd highest rated WR. He can ask for top dollar because he's at or very near the top at his position.

Dak, on the other hand, is by most lists I've seen somewhere around the 8th or so ranked qb. Plus, as the qb he has much more input into winning the games than CeeDee does, and he hasn't performed well in the playoffs.

So Dak imho can't ask for top dollar, CeeDee can. Also, if no CeeDee how can the Cowboys get another top 3 WR? They can't, drafting one is risky and doesn't usually produce a top wr for at least a couple of years, and any free agent WR as good as CeeDee will cost just as much as CeeDee is worth.
And thought he might not be Dak, Rush has performed at least serviceably when he's played, going from Dak to Rush would not be nearly as big a drop as from CeeDee to say, Tolbert?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From the time Brady started making “real money” until the end of his Patriots tenure—a sixteen-season span ranging from 2004–19—Brady had career earnings of $241 million, an average per year (APY) of roughly $15 million
Aaron Rodgers will have played fourteen seasons (2009–22) of post-rookie contract earnings after the upcoming season. Even assuming his contract is not upgraded for the coming season—which it will be by the Packers or another team—his earnings will be just under $300 million, an APY of over $21 million many similarly situated players that have consistently outpaced Brady in NFL contract earnings, by margins of over $8 million and $6 million, respectively, per year!
Once again I’m not arguing Brady never took less. My argument was he was never the highest paid and that’s a flat out lie.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I get your point. However, CeeDee is by every list I've seen no lower than the 3rd highest rated WR. He can ask for top dollar because he's at or very near the top at his position.

Dak, on the other hand, is by most lists I've seen somewhere around the 8th or so ranked qb. Plus, as the qb he has much more input into winning the games than CeeDee does, and he hasn't performed well in the playoffs.

So Dak imho can't ask for top dollar, CeeDee can. Also, if no CeeDee how can the Cowboys get another top 3 WR? They can't, drafting one is risky and doesn't usually produce a top wr for at least a couple of years, and any free agent WR as good as CeeDee will cost just as much as CeeDee is worth.
And thought he might not be Dak, Rush has performed at least serviceably when he's played, going from Dak to Rush would not be nearly as big a drop as from CeeDee to say, Tolbert?
Funny thing is a WR's value goes down without a QB and vice versa.

With Dak gone and no plan at QB is CD still a top 3 WR next year?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have said this many times that I don't begrudge Dak for holding out for the money, you, I and the whole world would do so in our careers if we saw a larger payday coming. This doesn't mean I would pay him what he wants, because in no world is he worth that kind of money. Patty is one of a kind and for what he makes in endorsements the actual Football contract can be less enabling the Chiefs to build around him. Sr and Jr are very much front and centre about $$$$$, so why on earth shouldn't the players be the same way? If he fought to death to build this team to win a championship then I guarantee guys would spill their blood to want the same....yet, here we are. Love or not love Dak, we know things would be different with different ownership, and that's where it starts and ends for us as suffering fans

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have said this many times that I don't begrudge Dak for holding out for the money, you, I and the whole world would do so in our careers if we saw a larger payday coming. This doesn't mean I would pay him what he wants, because in no world is he worth that kind of money. Patty is one of a kind and for what he makes in endorsements the actual Football contract can be less enabling the Chiefs to build around him. Sr and Jr are very much front and centre about $$$$$, so why on earth shouldn't the players be the same way? If he fought to death to build this team to win a championship then I guarantee guys would spill their blood to want the same....yet, here we are. Love or not love Dak, we know things would be different with different ownership, and that's where it starts and ends for us as suffering fans
He may not be holding out for money. The most money Dak can get is most likely on a long term contract 5 or more years. Dak could be holding out because he only wants a 3 year deal.

We have seen this before with Dak and his agent. Less years equates to less money and it is a risk that Dak has been willing to gamble on himself.

Jerry needs a longer contract to spread out the $40M still owed next year. Otherwise when Dak leaves or retires we will still have $40M, if not more money in Dead Cap Space.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or not. Sans Dak the Cowboys go in the toilet. Anyone pining for his departure is not a Cowboys fan. You want Lance in there against the Cleveland Browns or would you rather Dak Prescott start that game? Share with us what you think is most prudent.
I want the NFL MVP runnerup out there against the Browns.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He may not be holding out for money. The most money Dak can get is most likely on a long term contract 5 or more years. Dak could be holding out because he only wants a 3 year deal.

We have seen this before with Dak and his agent. Less years equates to less money and it is a risk that Dak has been willing to gamble on himself.
Perhaps, but for a 31 year old QB with some questionable health and some serious question marks on this team, it is very unlikely he will keep up at his current pace. Dak has been fortunate to be gifted some serious talent on this team......up until now

Chasing6

Reaction score
Perhaps, but for a 31 year old QB with some questionable health and some serious question marks on this team, it is very unlikely he will keep up at his current pace. Dak has been fortunate to be gifted some serious talent on this team......up until now
If that is the case then Jerry should be comfortable with the shorter contract.

Dak is willing to take on that risk.

Jerry needs a longer deal in an attempt to offset the $40M still owed.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If that is the case then Jerry should be comfortable with the shorter contract.

Dak is willing to take on that risk.

Jerry needs a longer deal in an attempt to offset the $40M still owed.
Jerry is sans clue, this is the problem

Brax

Reaction score
Once again I’m not arguing Brady never took less. My argument was he was never the highest paid and that’s a flat out lie.
Tom Brady was never the highest paid QB for any year. He is the highest earning player in NFL history mainly because of his longevity. So it’s not a flat out lie is actually the truth

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tom Brady was never the highest paid QB for any year. He is the highest earning player in NFL history mainly because of his longevity. So it’s not a flat out lie is actually the truth
Does anyone seriously think it would have been this way if he was not married to his wife???

So what is the point of bringing this up then???

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
During halftime of the Saints-Vikings game, Sports Illustrated's Peter Kingannounced that Tom Brady had singed to a four-year contract extension that will pay the quarterback an average of $18 million per year, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history.

RobbieRob

Reaction score
I’m getting sick & tired hearing from Dak’s own lips that he doesn’t play for money, yet he & his agent have stated they aren’t giving the Cowboys a “hometown” discount!
So here in lies the difference between Dak vs. Brady & Mahomes. Brady NEVER had the highest QB contract, always took less money than he could have asked for, as his owner with the Pats, Bob Kraft has said many times. Mahomes was recently asked if it bothers him to be paid less than the QB’s who have just signed newer, higher contracts and his answer was NO, it leaves more money for the guys around him! Both of these 2 QB’s have won multiple Super Bowls while Dak, has taken as much as possible with little to nothing to show for it!! Dak is phony, not the team player he pretends to be & when the chips are on the line, a massive choker! Play the year out and let him be gone!
Well said, it's not about the game and the fans. Dak and the Jones boys can care less about either side. Going on 31 years of the same old crap, the hype and the Big let down. The Star has been Tarnished for years and we as fans still believe and spend and follow. Jerry is 82 and a Billionaire, he will soon sell the team and someone will pay a trillion for the Tarnished Star. The 5 trophies in the case have cobwebs. Another SB from this team is like believing in Santa Claus.