Sick of the negativity

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Actually, it's some long time member's who do it. Some been here as long as I have which is about 16 years. Lol

Its long term fans that are fed up with being MEDIOCRE. The fans have put up with this for 22 years with 2 playoff wins. You can only sell the fans the same song and dance so many times before they quit buying. Even if they win the division, Dallas will lose in the first round of the playoffs. Dak's two touchdown passes were thrown 10 - 15 yards with Cooper doing the rest. At least Amari is playing well.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's sad. Some of my best memories are of the 50-plus Thanksgiving games I've been privileged to watch. I won't be privileged to watch that many more. Some celebration seems to be in order. Some, anyhow.
Cheer up, ol' Hoss:thumbup:

*,,,er,,, I've a couple phone numbers of some young gals that can definitely put the prance back into yer' pony,,,ah,,, or,,, possibly,,, maybe put it 'down fer' the count',,, :oops:,,,also:confused:
Lemme know, BRO!:starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I care only because it is ruining this forum.

I have been here from the get-go and it has always been a great place to talk Cowboys with other fans. Yet here we are, in the midst of a 3-game win streak, and I have to read “Dak Sucks” threads after the guy throws two touchdowns and runs for another one.

It’s a bit out of hand. I suspect that @AsthmaField is right and many are just trolls from other teams. Too many people pretending to be fans who root against their own team.
It can't be nothing but those soon to be stabbed in the *** & bleeding, under the wire enemy sapper TROLLS :hammer:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Get ready to be told they're being critical because they're concerned about the Cowboys' best interests, as if constantly griping on a message board - even when the team wins - is going to change anything in Dallas. :rolleyes:

Conversely, Team Sunshine thinks it can aid the team to a Super Bowl through the power of positive thinking.

Jipper

Reaction score
I’m super happy with the winning streak but this team needs to beat either the saints or colts and win the other 3 games if this team is for real...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Like how I understand criticizing Dak when it comes to certain aspects of his game (like footwork, needing to get rid of the ball faster, or being more on target with some of his throws). I'm okay with some questioning whether or not Dak is the QB of the future or a franchise QB for the Cowboys. Don't mind criticism of Dak's play when it's due.

But, then as I said the fixation and negatively on Dak has gone overboard. When a positive thread is made trying to credit Dak for the things he did do well to win the game. Then a negative response is often how Dak didn't throw for 200 yards. Or how the Non-Dak threads are bombarded with "Dak sucks'" types of comments. Like I believe made a thread thanking Gruden for giving us Amari and a shot a Dak was taken about him throwing a short pass to Cooper.

I believe criticism of a team is different from being so negative that one can't enjoy when their team wins. And then looks to be a "Debbie downer" to those who wish to enjoy the win for one day. And some might even wish for the Cowboys to lose games under certain players to be proven right on the "this player sucks" view.
Amen bro.

cern

Reaction score
I said if the cowboys stuck to the garrett game plan, they would lose possibly 4 of 5 games beginning with philly. but they opened up the offense, increased the tempo, and have now won. was my post critical or negative? I say critical. I think it's a shame the only thing that will make the coaches challenge themselves is talk of being replaced. the subtlety of Lincoln Riley's name being dropped had a most positive affect.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why be negative right now? Makes no sense. Do I like Garrett? No. Would I like to see another HC instead of him? Absolutely. But, winning and continuing to win, and taking over first place trumps all that at least for me. It’s fun to be relevant again, Garrett or not.
Wait a couple of days, the same group of fans here will get on their Prescott hatred parade. Yes, even after a big win and a game he played well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Conversely, Team Sunshine thinks it can aid the team to a Super Bowl through the power of positive thinking.

Why do so many here post like Siths?

Anakin.jpg

There are more points of view than "everything sucks" and "everything is great" - does my 3 stooges avatar look like sunshine to you? :muttley:

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

I really wish some of you would go find another team to root for. Seriously.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

I hope we beat the Saints and crush some of your hopes and dreams. Lol.

I hope no fan actually roots for a loss. That would be stupid.

For me, I am excited about a lot of things on this team, but it is hard to stay invested, after 40 years of being a fan, when the same mistakes are made over and over. In the first half yesterday, I commented how the Cowboys used to be fun to watch on Thanksgiving, but now they are predictable and boring. And Murphy's Law happened and they actually were exciting in the second half (maybe I should complain more often).

The truth is I love the team and I am happy when they win, but I will no longer let them lull me into a sense of security about who we are as a franchise. We are not close to being contenders. We are a good coach, good system and franchise QB away from that. I do believe we might be able to win with Dak, if the coach and system support him, but we shall see.

I am not sure if that is negative, but I thought I would share my perspective.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Its long term fans that are fed up with being MEDIOCRE. The fans have put up with this for 22 years with 2 playoff wins. You can only sell the fans the same song and dance so many times before they quit buying. Even if they win the division, Dallas will lose in the first round of the playoffs. Dak's two touchdown passes were thrown 10 - 15 yards with Cooper doing the rest. At least Amari is playing well.
I'm 100% in board with the mediocrity. I "boycotted" them from 2010-2014. Lol but even then I didn't pick apart and was doom and gloom like many are. I at least enjoyed the wins, even knowing the future wasn't bright.

I see you're one of the ones who doesn't give a QB, or should I say Dak, credit for yac. Lol do you do this for all QBs? Or just Dak?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm 100% in board with the mediocrity. I "boycotted" them from 2010-2014. Lol but even then I didn't pick apart and was doom and gloom like many are. I at least enjoyed the wins, even knowing the future wasn't bright.

I see you're one of the ones who doesn't give a QB, or should I say Dak, credit for yac. Lol do you do this for all QBs? Or just Dak?

Even the top QBs in the NFL. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, As well as some of the younger QBs playing well like Mahomes and Goff have WRs who take 10, 15, and 20 yard passes and have huge gains of yardage or a TD. If no one would care about taking away those yards and stats from other QBs, I don't know why some would try to take it away from Dak. Unless they just are so negative on him that they'll nitpick everything to take away any positive plays or games he has.