News: Snyder has told others: He has dirt on Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why Snyder holds onto this team. Forget the NFL. He has destroyed the fanbase and has become a universally reviled and loathed person.

Why would anyone want that for themselves or their children in such a public spotlight? Dan, sell the team , make 4-5 Billion, and go live your life. Its a no-brainer.

visionary

Reaction score
Correct!
Truth is the ultimate defense for libel (written) and slander (verbal).
Even so, Jerry Jones is a public figure. The burden of proof for public figures is higher than private citizens.

Hey I’m just hoping against hope as a Cowboys fan

visionary

Reaction score
I don't know why Snyder holds onto this team. Forget the NFL. He has destroyed the fanbase and has become a universally reviled and loathed person.

Why would anyone want that for themselves or their children in such a public spotlight? Dan, sell the team , make 4-5 Billion, and go live your life. Its a no-brainer.

Replace Snyder with Jerry and I’m there with you

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Let's see: I really only see four things of "dirt" that could really be big enough to really matter.
1) Proof of fixed games -- the business of the NFL -- financial ties to them adding the gambling and ties to Las Vegas/mafia
2) Proof of not hiring minorities because they aren't in the club
3) Murder of someone who would be able to fight their anti-trust exemption
4) Owners or group doing something to kids.

If he doesn't have proof of one of these 4, then I am guessing Snyder is out.
If he does and he has a dead man's switch..........the league will keep him regardless or they will destroy the NFL altogether, as well as their own lives, money and power.

I am not saying anyone is guilty of anything above, but this is the only dirt I think that would really matter to most of the billionaires.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Rayman70

Reaction score
godfather-marlon-brando.gif
^this^

Rayman70

Reaction score
What a dangerous fool- a wealthy person no less- who decides to happily join the mafia, then gets in trouble and decides suddenly they don’t like the mafia anymore. Now says he wants to expose “secrets”? He better have an excellent security team.
well said man. He better have Marines guarding him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is Dan right about now wanting out of the mob that is the NFL. Ba Bye Daniel. Sorry kid. No hard feelins.... just business.
raw

Reaction score
All this will do is expedite Snyder being thrown out of the league. You can’t publicly threaten “owners” plural and threaten the commissioner.
Are you sure about that?

The article states that if Snyder goes down, he will bring Goodell and half a dozen other owners (presumably including Jerry) down with him.

The owners are scared of him. Otherwise he would have been out years ago

Reaction score
btw, I am skeptical of this story because the source is ESPN. Known for fake invented stories. Lets just let this simmer I think. I believe they have sensationalized it maybe.
Given what we already know about Snyder: the congressional investigations, the lawsuits, the settlements with NDA's, etc. I believe the article is a fair representation of who Dan Snyder is. To doubt it simply because it's from ESPN is shortsighted, in my view

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Owners and players (to a lesser extent) are untouchable while they are in the NFL. From assault to murder to who knows what else...yeah, I'd call it a mafia.

Reaction score
If this forces Jerry out - outstanding.
30 years no championship game let alone Super Bowl for the best fans in the world .

Total neglect - living off jimmy living off the vision of Tex schramm.

Sing it Dan - free us of this hillbilly oil baron .
It will never happen.

While Dan Snyder is a drain on NFL finances, Jerry enriches the owners. He isn't going anywhere. They will just wait him out until he dies

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Bring it on Snyder boy! I'd love to hear all of the garbage that goes on around this league. Everyone knows NFL owners are crappy people, the thing is that Snyder is the worst of all of them and is just flat out bad at the business side of things. He has effectively destroyed a franchise to the point where it is affecting the league's bottom line and profitability. The nation's capital should have a respectable franchise and that is just a fact. That is why he is being forced out.

Reaction score
But it doesn't seem he did that. Nobody seems to have quoted Snyder directly
Just the fact that he is still around is a "tell" that Snyder must have something to hold over the heads of other owners.

I believe he does. Many of these owners really are like mafia dons. Their egos have no bounds whatsoever. They think they can do whatever they want. And they are mostly right

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh look you’re back in my quotes again….of course no one knows if he said this with concrete evidence- it’s from sources and 3rd hand information. I’m talking about it from the vantage point of “if that’s true” which I or you (sorry) don’t know.

this is a message board for fans with the purpose of getting conversations going- Many of which include speculation and hypotheticals.
Absolutely we don't know what he did or didn't say in private, or if whatever he's alleged to have said is true. I was just talking about the comment an owner can't publicly threaten the other owners and commissioner, which I certainly agree with. Not much chance that would go unpunished. My point was only that an allegation by another unnamed party claiming Snyder said something in private doesn't constitute publicly threatening these people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.