SPECULATION: Cowboys looking to trade up for Clowney ?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
clowney had 3 sacks last year, yes 3 sacks. I don't want to give up a next years first rounder unless we are trading up for a qb like luck.
He might not even end up the best passrusher in the draft. Please no.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
16 + Claiborne and a 3rd for 10 and Fairley? Fresh start for each guy at a position of need for the other team.

Great idea. This = Fairley and likely Donald. You still need an edge rusher but I think Marinelli should use Carter and Wilbur some there. Either as blitzers or as a 5. The only problem is then you have Donald, Fairley and Melton as well as Bass and Crawford. You are very deep and Seattle like inside but not so much outside. You don't always need an edge rusher every pass if you can collapse the pocket though.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Interesting view from Merril Hoge

"You look at him as a fundamental football player when you talk about feet, hip and hands, like we watch Khlail Mack, he's actually atrocious,” Hoge said. “Clowney as a football player is not very good. Amazing athlete. Don't get confused by being an athlete and being a good football player. Not a very good football player."

The discussion of Mack over Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft got heated up earlier this week. It's not that outrageous. But shrugging off Clowney as a quality football player? That's just dumb.

"[Clowney] doesn't play with his feet, hip and hands like Khalil Mack. Gets controlled, trucked a lot," Hoge said. "The second he tries to swim move you he's neutralized if you get inside his pads which is easy because he plays so high."

Could Clowney work on his fundamentals? Yes. Coaching would help just about every single player out there. But that's no reason to insult his intelligence and laugh about taking him No. 1 overall.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...eveon-clowney-is-an-atrocious-football-player

Merril Hoge doesn't seem to like Clowney?

Well, that pretty much confirms he's going to the Hall of Fame.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Great idea. This = Fairley and likely Donald. You still need an edge rusher but I think Marinelli should use Carter and Wilbur some there. Either as blitzers or as a 5. The only problem is then you have Donald, Fairley and Melton as well as Bass and Crawford. You are very deep and Seattle like inside but not so much outside. You don't always need an edge rusher every pass if you can collapse the pocket though.

If that happens I start talking Super Bowl. That type of pressure up the middle is the most underrated aspect of the game. Its tough to counter a defense that can just abuse you up the middle.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
what has Claiborne shown to warrant an inclusion in a high trade

He's shown tons of potential. Just look at what Trent Richardson got for the Browns. You get one team who thinks they can turn a guy around(especially a top pick just a couple years ago) and you never know.

waving monkey

Reaction score
if the player is special at a key position you have to consider it. The price has to be right
and this is a buyers market {Donald]

DBOY3141

Reaction score
He's shown tons of potential. Just look at what Trent Richardson got for the Browns. You get one team who thinks they can turn a guy around(especially a top pick just a couple years ago) and you never know.

Problem is the Browns were willing to admit a mistake.....JJ/JG would never do that with Mo after 2 years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I would probably throw my phone thru my 70 sharp in anger then take a couple of shots and calm down.

waving monkey

Reaction score
you know stepping back and looking at the silly season. All the clubs are calling around looking
for potential deals. This is one of the hardest drafts to judge I can remember. Reporters get
smoked with half truths and they imagine the rest of the story.

We all know Jerry is calling around cause his a deal maker but there are more balloons floating
right now then at the democratic convention.

The only thing I agree with is Jerry is setting in a great spot to trade, one way are the other.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If so then he would for sure be targeting Manziel.

I'm a Manziel fan, but just the thought makes me vomit a little bit. That's basically punting on this season, and if we actually trade up for him i'm not sure how much longer I could support JJ and his team.

ceerrece

Reaction score
I really hope this is not true, Dallas needs more than a DE to be a true contender, let's try to fix our defense with smart picks and stay away from the flashy ones....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
@TheHuddleReport: Cowboys putting together a package trying to get into top 3 for Clowney. Deal would include 16th pick 2015 1st rounder + CB Morris Claiborne

This guy was the first one to say cowboys were going after Claiborne 2 years ago.

As a die hard Gamecocks fan, I would definitely need a towel if this were to happen. The chance of this happening is slim to none though.