Star Wars Force Awakens SPOILER Thread - Don't Click If You Haven't Seen!

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Solid opening for the rebirth.
Everyone here has outlined the issues, some of the questions will be answered in 8&9, some will be suspended with reality. Film felt a bit rushed... but regardless it was fun.
Snoke is definitely Plagueis...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They should have went a bit further... have him say at least one line....
funny none the less..

"My baby boy, Me-sa love you"

Even Harrison Ford mocks the THIRD blowing up of the Death Star killer thingy

Han Solo: How do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that.

Ben/Kylo Ren looks like Edward Scissorhands. Nice homage.

Last edited:

cml750

Reaction score
I may go see it again today or early tomorrow. I usually pick up on a few more things the second time around.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I may go see it again today or early tomorrow. I usually pick up on a few more things the second time around.

i'm going to see it again at 2pm

I will to.

You can say it's only a movie but I feel JJ Abrams kinda ripped us off. That ending really is bothering me.

No imagination which leads me to believe that Snoke was Plageius and is back in new firm perhaps with new name.

cml750

Reaction score
one more thing Palpatine said about Darth Plagueis that works toward him being Snokes.
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret."

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I will to.

You can say it's only a movie but I feel JJ Abrams kinda ripped us off. That ending really is bothering me.

No imagination which leads me to believe that Snoke was Plageius and is back in new firm perhaps with new name.

one more thing Palpatine said about Darth Plagueis that works toward him being Snokes.

Kylo Ren didn't mention that Snoke was "Wise", which is the moniker usually given to Plagueis.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Kylo Ren didn't mention that Snoke was "Wise", which is the moniker usually given to Plagueis.

Yes he did. He tells Han, "the supreme leader is wise." Also it's probably already been mentioned but the same musical theme plays when Palpatine is telling the Plagieus story to Anakin and when Snoke is addressing Kylo and Hux.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think it's that lol combined with you being a professional in the genre. I think forest for the trees in a way ..... I just disagree with you completely and I'm a trained screenwriter/movie person. So we're both coming at it from backgrounds that are informed I just don't see the issues you have. Oh well, sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

As a trained movie person, shouldn't you be open to people having criticisms about the movie? Many people have given very well supported reasons why they found flaws in the movie and your response has just been that you disagree and can't understand how anyone wouldn't feel the same. I've seen all the SW films. They're not that special to me. They're good movies compared to most Hollywood action fantasy blockbusters, but they're not untouchable. I saw the movie this morning. It was ok. Nothing was terribly surprising or original other than the fact that one of the major characters is a deserted Storm Trooper. That was pretty cool. The acting and character development were what you'd expect from your typical Hollywood blockbuster. The action and cinematography was very good but I wouldn't call it revolutionary. Like most movies these days, it lived off its name/reputation and didn't have to do much to awe its fans.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not a fan of Fin. Everything about him leaves a lot of unanswered questions. It would be awesome if he was revealed as a plant by the bad guys.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not a fan of Fin. Everything about him leaves a lot of unanswered questions. It would be awesome if he was revealed as a plant by the bad guys.

He was the balance to Rey... Both Anonymous, both taken away from their parents, (both possibly had their memories wiped?) He made sense to me, helped push the story along.

Rogah

Reaction score
I think you guys are focused way too heavily on what Palpatine says to Anakin about Plagueis. Ignoring the fact that the producers could simply ignore what Palpatine says and do whatever they want (like they ignored Leia's dialogue about "remembering her mother" when they made the prequels), it would still be very easy to believe that Palpatine was simply not being honest to Anakin.

Nevertheless, I don't think Snoke has anything to do with Plagueis. People are just latching onto Plagueis because he is the only named Dark Lord from the actual movies that we don't really know for sure what happened to.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you guys are focused way too heavily on what Palpatine says to Anakin about Plagueis. Ignoring the fact that the producers could simply ignore what Palpatine says and do whatever they want (like they ignored Leia's dialogue about "remembering her mother" when they made the prequels), it would still be very easy to believe that Palpatine was simply not being honest to Anakin.

Nevertheless, I don't think Snoke has anything to do with Plagueis. People are just latching onto Plagueis because he is the only named Dark Lord from the actual movies that we don't really know for sure what happened to.

That would fall in line with Disney's reported desire to distance themselves from everything to do with the prequels and to solely connect with the Original Trilogy. They've certainly done everything they could to attach themselves to those films.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He was the balance to Rey... Both Anonymous, both taken away from their parents, (both possibly had their memories wiped?) He made sense to me, helped push the story along.

Well, to me, he seemed pretty happy-go-lucky for a guy who was taken captive at a young age and brainwashed his entire life. He had way too many jokes and one-liners for someone who was in his situation.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Well, to me, he seemed pretty happy-go-lucky for a guy who was taken captive at a young age and brainwashed his entire life. He had way too many jokes and one-liners for someone who was in his situation.

Levity?