Star Wars Force Awakens SPOILER Thread - Don't Click If You Haven't Seen!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Sure. From the droids, Han/Chewie, that's cool. From a guy who has taken from his family and stripped of any identity whatsoever, without any repercussions just struck me as out of place.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sure. From the droids, Han/Chewie, that's cool. From a guy who has taken from his family and stripped of any identity whatsoever, without any repercussions just struck me as out of place.

People stripped from their family can't have a sense of humor?

If anything I find movies that avoid any comedy in serious situations or by people in hard circumstances are far less realistic and more out of place.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
People stripped from their family can't have a sense of humor?

If anything I find movies that avoid any comedy in serious situations or by people in hard circumstances are far less realistic and more out of place.

You think Amy Smart was cracking jokes for 3 days straight after being rescued?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not a fan of Fin. Everything about him leaves a lot of unanswered questions. It would be awesome if he was revealed as a plant by the bad guys.

Both Fin and Ray left more questions than answers. Fin as a plant would be interesting, but I think Poe is going to have a much bigger role in the next film, which probably means less Fin. I thought it was weird that Rey just walked away from him while he was unconscious after they supposedly became best buddies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Everyone is different, so I can't be sure. But I'd be surprised if she didn't make some jokes. I doubt it was non stop, but the Fin character wasn't anything like that at all either. But I think people in extreme circumstances might be inclined to use humor more than someone else if they develop it as a coping mechanism.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finally saw the movie this morning. I'm amazed at the knowledge many posters here have of the SW universe. I don't have that so I don't know if that hinders or helps my enjoyment of the movie. I'm guessing it helps my enjoyment as I don't readily notice flaws/holes of the plot as the experts do.

I did notice immediately the almost scene by scene copy of the original SW. That didnt bother me as it normally would. There was just enough differences to keep me entertained. However; I did roll my eyes when it was time to blow up the "death star" once again using same strategies as before. Can't they come up with something better than that? Why is it always a massive death star to blow up?

The cinematography, especially the 3D, was amazing. It was worth price of admission alone. I've never seen a movie more than once in a theater but I may make an exception for this one.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Smart knew a normal life before being abducted. Finn didn't know anything other than being a Storm Trooper so I don't think he had that same type of trauma that Smart had. He probably just started to question things like most of us do (e.g. "Is this all there is?"). So I don't think he had as damaged a personality as someone like Smart would have. Watch that new movie Room to get an idea of how someone acts when they were born in captivity opposed to being taken captive.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Smart knew a normal life before being abducted. Finn didn't know anything other than being a Storm Trooper so I don't think he had that same type of trauma that Smart had. He probably just started to question things like most of us do (e.g. "Is this all there is?"). So I don't think he had as damaged a personality as someone like Smart would have. Watch that new movie Room to get an idea of how someone acts when they were born in captivity opposed to being taken captive.

He was taken at a young age. He said so himself.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He was taken at a young age. He said so himself.

Probably still young enough to forget most of his previous life. Not to mention, he had other people around him. If we are pretending this is similar to a real life situation, then a kid surrounded by a bunch of other kids in the exact same situation will probably come out a little better off than a kid by herself.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Personally I don't think Plageis is Snoke.

-For starters Plageis is a Muun and Snoke, looks to be a different species. I don't know what he is, but Muun's have more elongated skulls in the forehead/jaw area
-Second, I'm not 100% sure that Snoke is a Sith. Yes he clearly uses that force and the dark side at that, but that alone does not make him Sith. The title "Darth" was missing from both his name and his apprentice, and I would guess it's intentional.
-Third, it just makes no sense to pull an obscure character out of no where, which will ultimately create more questions than answers (what did he do between his "death" and his re-emergence, why not capture Luke and make him your apprentice at the end of ep. 3) as opposed to create a new character and making their back story.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

He likely didn't even remember being kidnapped as much as he knew that's where The First Order got their troops from. With being the case, it's not that odd.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Personally I don't think Plageis is Snoke.

-For starters Plageis is a Muun and Snoke, looks to be a different species. I don't know what he is, but Muun's have more elongated skulls in the forehead/jaw area
-Second, I'm not 100% sure that Snoke is a Sith. Yes he clearly uses that force and the dark side at that, but that alone does not make him Sith. The title "Darth" was missing from both his name and his apprentice, and I would guess it's intentional.
-Third, it just makes no sense to pull an obscure character out of no where, which will ultimately create more questions than answers (what did he do between his "death" and his re-emergence, why not capture Luke and make him your apprentice at the end of ep. 3) as opposed to create a new character and making their back story.

You may be right.

This is an interesting video with some evidence that he was Darth Plageius

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Finally got to see the movie today, really enjoyed.

I think Rey is Ren's sister, possible twin not Luke's daughter.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Finally got to see the movie today, really enjoyed.

I think Rey is Ren's sister, possible twin not Luke's daughter.

how did you arrive at this conclusion? .there are a lot of clear hints that she is Luke's daughter.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
how did you arrive at this conclusion? .there are a lot of clear hints that she is Luke's daughter.

It was based on a gut feeling after just seeing the movie based on a few things I noticed.

They look like they are similar in age, Luke never really had a love interest and Jedi's aren't suppose to procreate.
Luke and Leia are twins, so the odds of her having twins is increased. If it was twins, Leia could have decided not to share the info with any one including Han.
Given Luke's personality I find it hard to believe he would drop his kid off on Jakku.
Rey just happens to be waiting on the one planet in the galaxy where the Millennium Falcon is? Seems like a bizarre coincidence to me.

The only thing I caught that might suggest she is Luke's daughter is his light saber was calling out to her.

Also the whole round Death Star thing isnt rally working, they may want to try a triangle, square or some other shape next time.

Lastly, regardless of who her father is, she is one fine looking woman.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think it was implied that Rey was able to get into his mind the way he was able to get into hers.

But yeah I agree, how can she be this strong?

Because she is calm and lets the force flow through her. Luke struggled at first because he wasnt accepting of the force and like Ren was scared of what he couldnt do instead of embracing what he can do. In the final fight with Ren, she took a second to relax, feel the force, then whipped his butt.

Even when she was fighting with her staff, she was calm and methodical.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It was based on a gut feeling after just seeing the movie based on a few things I noticed.

They look like they are similar in age, Luke never really had a love interest and Jedi's aren't suppose to procreate.
Luke and Leia are twins, so the odds of her having twins is increased. If it was twins, Leia could have decided not to share the info with any one including Han.
Given Luke's personality I find it hard to believe he would drop his kid off on Jakku.
Rey just happens to be waiting on the one planet in the galaxy where the Millennium Falcon is? Seems like a bizarre coincidence to me.

The only thing I caught that might suggest she is Luke's daughter is his light saber was calling out to her.

Also the whole round Death Star thing isnt rally working, they may want to try a triangle, square or some other shape next time.

Lastly, regardless of who her father is, she is one fine looking woman.

possible but how come both Leia and Han dont recognize her?.that small bar owner gave strong hints that he was Lukes daughter.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
possible but how come both Leia and Han dont recognize her?.that small bar owner gave strong hints that he was Lukes daughter.

You can ask that same question if she is Luke's daughter. You dont think they would recognize their niece? I felt like Leia knew who she was given the LONG hug and the fact instead of sending a big envoy to Luke like she originally stated, she now decides to send R2, Chewy and Rey.