News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

Flamma

Reaction score
we know by this time his price will really go up if he has something similar to the season he had last season, it would be cheaper to sign him now, if not he'll ask for 70 lol
Not in my opinion. What good is a really nice car with a really nice engine if you have no wheels? If Dak's problem is pressure situations, he's worthless, not worth more. He seems to play very well in ideal circumstances. Horrible when the pressure is on. Which is why it wouldn't hurt to wait until week 9 to make any decisions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is why I think this is just smoke so they can say they tried to work a deal but Dak wanted too much. They've been doing it all offseason. At this point, make him earn it. If he does, great, if he doesn't, bye.
I don’t get the charades or games. This front office looks bad all the time including the owner having cheating on his wife and having babies. Not saying you are wrong just saying if this is the stuff they think about rather then committing to a plan they are just lost.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not at all. If you want two players for that price that’s Cedric Thornton and Nolan Carroll price range.
They paid their starting MLB $4MM per. Many good players are in the $5MM range. Whatever though because I can’t stand arguing with you. You are top 5 most annoying posters here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not in my opinion. What good is a really nice car with a really nice engine if you have no wheels? If Dak's problem is pressure situations, he's worthless, not worth more. He seems to play very well in ideal circumstances. Horrible when the pressure is on. Which is why it wouldn't hurt to wait until week 9 to make any decisions.
If they think Dak has issues in pressure situations they shouldn’t and wouldn’t try to bring him back. They clearly think it’s something he can overcome. If they sign him that is. If they don’t we know the answer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They paid their starting MLB $4MM per. Many good players are in the $5MM range. Whatever though because I can’t stand arguing with you. You are top 5 most annoying posters here.
I understand you feeling that way. You consistently say stupid stuff and I hold you accountable on the dumb stuff you say and now I’m the bad guy. Stop saying dumb stuff then. You’re the one who sits here afraid of mods that’s a you problem not me.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t get the charades or games. This front office looks bad all the time including the owner having cheating on his wife and having babies. Not saying you are wrong just saying if this is the stuff they think about rather then committing to a plan they are just lost.
From my side of the fence, I think not extending him and making him play out this season was always the smart move. Informing him he would not be the starter and forcing his hand to drop the NTC or lose a year of his career on the sideline would have been diabolical, but a smarter move so they'd get picks. However, IF their plan was to re-sign him all along, then the depth of their incompetence in not getting it done prior to free agency would crush a submarine like an empty tin can.

Flamma

Reaction score
If they think Dak has issues in pressure situations they shouldn’t and wouldn’t try to bring him back. They clearly think it’s something he can overcome. If they sign him that is. If they don’t we know the answer.
None of us know. It's a mental problem he has to overcome. How can any of us tell if he will? Maybe they'll just pay him for the 12 wins and stats, right?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My question is, what does Dallas need 30M in extra cap space now for? Or are they just going to keep Dak at 55M against the cap for this season?
True but keep in mind we also have Bland, Tyler and Ferguson around the corner. My guess is Stephen intends to keep all 3, meaning our new cort of players in two years will be ....Dak, Parsons, Lamb, Tyler, Bland and Ferguson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From my side of the fence, I think not extending him and making him play out this season was always the smart move. Informing him he would not be the starter and forcing his hand to drop the NTC or lose a year of his career on the sideline would have been diabolical, but a smarter move so they'd get picks. However, IF their plan was to re-sign him all along, then the depth of their incompetence in not getting it done prior to free agency would crush a submarine like an empty tin can.
I get the argument not extending him. Never got the argument for waiting until everyone else got paid to extend him. There’s no sound logic behind it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is what we have been trying to tell you guys but I don’t know if it was denial or hope. This team wasn’t rebuilding they were always bringing Dak back. So why the hell were they dragging their feet…makes no sense but nothing does here.
All the sports networks are talking about contract issues with Dak and Cee Dee. Jerry loves any kind of attention.