Still juiced about Deuce

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Answered already multiple times, your honor.

Debunk the answer, or be content to be disregarded on this topic. (It's been said multiple times in this thread... but I'm loathe to continue to repeat it, and in doing so, humor the ignorance implicit with the resurrection of the assertion over again.)
"I predebunked you" is Not An Argument. The phrase Put Up Or Shut Up comes to mind.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
"Both were/are at a decided disadvantage in terms of body size and strength... so that Sproles was appx. 10 lbs heavier and had stronger biceps is of limited interest... I don't see that making any real difference"

Please tell me this was in jest, I have never gotten a bicep pump from bench pressing.....

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, When I was reminding people of the stoopid post draft hype where people were literally comparing this 145 pound player to Barry Sanders, I had zoners telling me I was making that up. "No WAY even the most crazy Dallas Fans would compare a Day 3 125 lb running back to Barry Sanders"

Well, here's proof.

"He has a lot of Barry Sanders in him"

LOL LOL. He won't even have a job as a 3rd string running back 2 years from now.

People are insane

bewp7

Reaction score
lol

u can replace deuce any time with a better player

veteran fa, udfa, practice squad, cfl, xfl, ufl, what ever all have better rb then lame deuce

drafting him show how unserious cowboys really are

bunch of bozo

_sturt_

Reaction score
As best I can find, this series vs. the Jets represents the only time that Deuce entered a game the entire 2023 season when the final outcome was still in doubt... when he had an actual starting quality O-line in front of him... when the opposition wasn't playing run-first because everyone was just mainly trying to get the game finished as quickly and injury-free as possible.

Cued up to that point in the clip for your viewing pleasure... but if YouTube fails me, just FF to the 0:37 mark.

Speaks for itself.

Excited to see what the RB-by-committee era brings.

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
"Both were/are at a decided disadvantage in terms of body size and strength... so that Sproles was appx. 10 lbs heavier and had stronger biceps is of limited interest... I don't see that making any real difference"

Please tell me this was in jest, I have never gotten a bicep pump from bench pressing.....
Please tell me you understand that the point was the point, and I could have said any muscle group associated in any way with hoisting weight from a bench, and the point was the point... in case it avoids you... that additional strength in those areas of one's body is of limited interest when you're a running back whose game pivots on his ability to avoid contact. It makes no real difference. Truly. Objectively.

_sturt_

Reaction score
"I predebunked you" is Not An Argument. The phrase Put Up Or Shut Up comes to mind.
It's not an argument, true. It's not intended to be an argument. It's intended to say I'm bored with repeating myself, and no offense, but you're just not important enough to me that I, at that moment, would have felt compelled to invest new minutes and effort in giving you information that is already there for anyone authentic enough to be interested in edging closer to truth instead of reinforcing a foreclosed opinion.

The phrase Not my problem comes to mind.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I just believe this shiftiness, this acceleration, and the fact it's just hard to square up or grab hold of such a compact tough runner... getting legit snaps behind our first string line (something that almost never happened in his rookie season, if ever)... is going to silence all the naysayers and handringers and nervous Nellies in his 2nd year. I mean, just look at this kid's tape. I'm going to say it... there's a lot of Barry Sanders and Darren Sproles in Christopher Vaughn II.

Just a reminder of what he brings to the table...

I think adding this kid to the team was both a favor to his father and a reach at best. In the little time he spent on the field this kid NEVER reminded me of Barry Sanders or Darren Sproles. What made these two greats was their abilities make their own holes and bounce off of tackles, which neither can be said about Deuce when he was handed the ball. He was actually the opposite of these two, he couldn't make his own holes and when he barely got hit there was no bouncing off the tackler, he went down like he was in the ring with a YOUNG Mike Tyson. Maybe he'll find his rhythm in the years to come, but at this particular point and time he doesn't have anything that's going to help an ailing Cowboy's run game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As best I can find, this series vs. the Jets represents the only time that Deuce entered a game the entire 2023 season when the final outcome was still in doubt... when he had an actual starting quality O-line in front of him... when the opposition wasn't playing run-first because everyone was just mainly trying to get the game finished as quickly and injury-free as possible.

Cued up to that point in the clip for your viewing pleasure... but if YouTube fails me, just FF to the 0:37 mark.

Speaks for itself.

Excited to see what the RB-by-committee era brings.

He attracts defenders like a magnet. The RB by committee group we have doesn’t excite me. We better hope we see a lot of improvement up front.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just believe this shiftiness, this acceleration, and the fact it's just hard to square up or grab hold of such a compact tough runner... getting legit snaps behind our first string line (something that almost never happened in his rookie season, if ever)... is going to silence all the naysayers and handringers and nervous Nellies in his 2nd year. I mean, just look at this kid's tape. I'm going to say it... there's a lot of Barry Sanders and Darren Sproles in Christopher Vaughn II.

Just a reminder of what he brings to the table...

jerry brought elliot back so you can forget deuce getting meaningful snaps.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
You can keep repeating it but it won't make him a better player. It's what you do with your limited opportunities as a backup in the NFL. If you watch the player you can see how he was just not physically up to the level of the other players. He goes down easily and is tossed around and he didn't have this Darren Sproles elusiveness that was being talked about. You can keep drinking the cool aid if you want and I hope you end up right, but to succeed at his size he needs to be one of the fastest and probably the quickest player on the field and he didn't look like that at all. We didn't even hear he looked great in practice. He is a gadget player at best and probably not as good at that as Turpin. He is totally mismatched as a pass protector which hurts his 3rd down role and to me is big because that is when you would try and get him chances out in space to make a play and perhaps most importantly he doesn't run down on kickoff and punt teams and with Zeke not doing this either, this may lead to him not even be active most games this year.
He will be great if we are playing flag football

_sturt_

Reaction score
No offense to you personally, b/c there's a few who've suggested this idea, and I've really just focused on speaking to what Deuce can plausibly provide to the offense this season... so, just speaking to the allegation itself, regardless of who said it... these kinds of comments are just inaccurate on their face...

2024-05-20_13-20-31.thumb.png.257ea06bb39527773d8253a53ce8f7fb.png

Mocked overall at #142... that's mid 4th round.

Mocked as high as #58... that's the end of the 2nd round.

Where did we draft Deuce? 212th overall, mid 6th round.

C'mon people. Have some basic respect for other people's intelligence. Please. It's not too much to ask.

_sturt_

Reaction score
He attracts defenders like a magnet.
Yeah. Funny how that happens. At the end of games that are already decided.

The big conclusions that people have foreclosed to, just on the basis of such a very small sample size of legitimate snaps is exhausting and disappointing and frustrating. But hey, it's sports fans in general, ain't it?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah. Funny how that happens. At the end of games that are already decided.

The big conclusions that people have foreclosed to, just on the basis of such a very small sample size of legitimate snaps is exhausting and disappointing and frustrating. But hey, it's sports fans in general, ain't it?
The fact the game was decided should have helped him break a run. The Jets were in give up mode. It’s not like they needed to make a critical stop. Two weeks later he had 8 carries for 9 yards. A back has to be able to push a pile and break and slip tackles if they’re going to succeed in the NFL. He’s used to running through holes a big rig could drive through. That doesn’t happen in this league.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The fact the game was decided should have helped him break a run.
What-the-hell?

The fact that a game is decided routinely means that everyone is trying to go home. You're smarter than this, no sarcasm. It means that the objective is to run out the clock, so everyone can go home, which means that the defense knows what's coming... and worse for Deuce's purposes... which means that the O-line isn't the same as what started the game.

The Jets were in give up mode.
Yikes.

You completely whiffed on that swing, my friend... the Jets clip above, rather, was (again) the rare instance of Deuce getting snaps when the game was very much still competitive.

Trying to be fair to you, I get it, and sometimes I've scanned instead of read whatever... but it's burned me sometimes. It happens.