Supposed terrorist attack kills as many as 8 people in NY

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
There has been some discussion in the UK and other European countries that are drowning in refugees and dealing with constant terror threats from inside about seizing all possessions and immediately deporting the families of anyone that commits a terrorist act. I find this idea quite novel and although it wouldn’t eliminate all terrorist acts, it would certainly make the majority of those Brits who do something like that think long and hard about it. I seriously doubt most of them would go through with it once they see younger siblings and their mother penniless, homeless, and deported. Sounds harsh I know and even a bit unfair, but what is happening in the UK is that most of these guys are growing up in enclaves where local police and government services are kicked out. They are being radicalized close to their homes and the families are usually close so it’s not like parents don’t usually know what’s going on.
I find the concept intriguing although I seriously doubt the UK will gain the brass to implement it.
Of course, I never dreamed they’d have the brass to vote for brexit.
Anyway, it’s time for the left and right in America to come together for at least this one topic and figure out some solutions. I don’t know what the solution is but I do find it interesting that the gulf countries (all Muslim) have almost no major terrorist attacks.
As someone from the UK I should let you know that I've never heard of pretty much anything you're talking about in your post with the exception of the bold part which I've only heard of when fox news over there has to apologise for making that claim which has no basis in reality.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don’t know what the answer is in all of this. I know it is extremely difficult to stop any plan to action.

All I am suggesting is this: What is our current terrorist threat? It is the extremists who run people over with trucks. There needs to be some sort of system to where any guy who looks like a terrorist who rents a truck should be notified to the authorities. They can then secretly vet them behind the scenes without the public/media knowing about it.

As soon as someone makes a truck reservation or pulls out of the lot, he is then somehow “tagged” in the system and authorities do their due diligence. No one else has to know, just keep a close eye on them. This way the guy in question can go about his business and if there is no flags, life goes on while he is none the wiser.

Of course, this will only work with those with a Middle Eastern name. It is stereotyping and it sucks but something needs to be done. I would rather that then sporadic terrorist attacks killing the innocent. Let me be clear, this mainly concerns those males who stand out and look like a terrorist. I would not want the above system to be applied to every person from that region, that is overboard. Just use some common sense and judgement if someone so blatantly stands out.

As for preempting those lone wolfs who are not foreign........that is almost an impossible task. No idea where to go from here.

Stopping just one attack is better than none. Again, I don’t know what to do but America can not just stand idly by and wait for the next massacre.
This guy rented the truck before and parked it for a week....... his neighbors noticed and said nothing

He was also spotted on a test run the week before

So like you said....... if an alarm went off and someone tailed this guy for a few weeks the first time he rented the truck it could have been prevented...... but here we are talking about civil liberties for terrorists

ghst187

Reaction score
As someone from the UK I should let you know that I've never heard of pretty much anything you're talking about in your post with the exception of the bold part which I've only heard of when fox news over there has to apologise for making that claim which has no basis in reality.

You should really pay more attention to what's going on right in your front yard then. Brexit even?

https://petition.parliament.uk/archived/petitions/50393

Check out Luton sometime. Feels like
Islamabad.
In fact just google it and terrorism.

Reaction score
Oh, he's white so it's not a big deal.
there's many unfortunately who try to distort and turn this into an identity/race issue, but it's not. When one is able to see through the drama, this is an ideological issue where unfortunately an extreme form of a religion demands the death of western societies and is actively seeking to harm Americans and this country. I would oppose anyone, regardless of color/race, who subscribed to this ideology and certainly wouldn't want to welcome them to this country with open arms.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
there's many unfortunately who try to distort and turn this into an identity/race issue, but it's not. When one is able to see through the drama, this is an ideological issue where unfortunately an extreme form of a religion demands the death of western societies and is actively seeking to harm Americans and this country. I would oppose anyone, regardless of color/race, who subscribed to this ideology and certainly wouldn't want to welcome them to this country with open arms.

What about our ideology? Without getting political, we cause many of the problems we face when in comes to terrorism.

Reaction score
What about our ideology? Without getting political, we cause many of the problems we face when in comes to terrorism.
from a high level, we're certainly not a perfect country in terms of our handling of domestic and foreign affairs. But I would like to think our intentions are mostly good. I'm not an expert, not even close, to the writings of the Quaran but I doubt America had any involvement in drafting the radical parts of Sharia Law

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
But I would like to think our intentions are mostly good

I doubt America had any involvement in drafting the radical parts of Sharia Law

Spoiler alter- They're not.

Our intentions are solely self servicing in terms of maintaining our hegemonic dominance and financial profit.

And if you don't think the US had any involvement in fomenting radicalism, I invite you to study our interaction with the Mujahideen during the Soviet-Afghan war.

Reaction score

Our intentions are solely self servicing in terms of maintaining our hegemonic dominance and financial profit.

And if you don't think the US had any involvement in fomenting radicalism, I invite you to study our interaction with the Mujahideen during the Soviet-Afghan war.
sorry but not playing.......not interested in trying to change your mind about hating America.

ghst187

Reaction score
An online petition with 917 signatures? Guess that's me schooled then. Had a great curry a couple of years ago the only time I've been in Luton

Well you didn't believe me so I gave you proof that it was indeed an idea tossed around, one that I found it out of the box and intriguing. I didn't say it was a passed law or mainstream thought

John813

Reaction score

Or just about any interaction with the Middle East since oil was found.

csirl

Reaction score

Is it not the case that many UK born muslim are being radicalised in local mosques?

Ive visited UK regularly - sometimes several times a year. There are many neighbourhoods, especially in the midlands, where sharia law is widespread. People who dont follow it are at best made to feel uncomfortable and at worst harrassed out.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I say that any terrorists will be executed and buried next to a pig. Heck I will give you 72 pig virgins. See how many want to continue this Holy War? Dip the bullets in pigs blood when fighting them was the rumor of General Pershing.

Drop C-Plane loads full of feral hogs on them. We have an infestation of them in TX anyways, round them up with Choppas and tranquilizers...

But I digress, we created these radicals....