Talent acquisition happens year round

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He wasn’t cut from another team. But I’ll give ya this one anyways
I didn't realize being cut is part of the criteria. I generally can't make it that deep into one of his posts anymore (kind of a shame because I am sure some of his posts are good, but the constant attacking those he doesn't agree with, and his "holier than thou" approach to how to be a fan just has steered me away). I just read the replies I saw.

Thanks for giving me that one, but it really wasn't meant as proof of anyone "shinning" anyway. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Cowboys had 9 All Pro’s last year. Don’t forget the draft. That’s McClay and his scouting department.
Overall player development since McCarthy got here has been better than previous years as well. There is room for optimism about finding some hidden gems, but I would look at players down the depth chart going into year 2/3 with this team rather than guys from the outside.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This is the same for all NFL teams. I’ve got faith in Will McClay to find some talent at both the RB and DT positions before the season starts. Whether it’s a young player that’s on the tail end of a strong roster or a veteran last day cut. There will be some excellent talent teams will try and stash on the practice squad. This is where McClay shines. Who knows, they may already have someone on the roster in both areas. So no need to lose faith. Lots to look forward to.
You want to have your own draft? If you don't want it to go to the houston rockets, so they have to send them their son's out of sixteen four first picks
Heck they all ready have a good team. They need dtackle help.

next year in a really, really deep elite two thousandYou want to have your own draft? If you don't want it to go to the houston rockets, so they have to send them their son's out of sixteen four first picks next year in a really, really deep elite two thousand IP
CZ homer: "Anybody they sign is gonna be real good, a real gem and fill a major hole, because............. COWBOYZ!"

In reality, people are right to complain because history shows very few, if any, impact players get signed now or in August. And this team has a major hole at DT, for example. They aren't signing anyone in the next two months that is gonna drastically move the needle at DT for Dallas.

That needed to happen months ago.
I agree. And the Joneses shouldn't do sit up there and say they are all in when you haven't done anything to make this team better. They're lying.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You want to have your own draft? If you don't want it to go to the houston rockets, so they have to send them their son's out of sixteen four first picks

next year in a really, really deep elite two thousandYou want to have your own draft? If you don't want it to go to the houston rockets, so they have to send them their son's out of sixteen four first picks next year in a really, really deep elite two thousand IP

I agree. And the Joneses shouldn't do sit up there and say they are all in when you haven't done anything to make this team better. They're lying.
Houston Rockets? Stick to herding sheep.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How to Create a Divisive Thread

Step 1: Type an opening post​
Step 2: Allow fellow members to add comments​
Step 3: Assign labels onto fellow members with undesired comments (i.e. "Hater", "Romolover", "loser", "pollyanna", etc.)​
Step 4: Return to Step 2/Proceed to Step 5 if-and-when new topic is conceived​
Step 5: Return to Step 1​
Flow chart please!:laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do you think people around here try to get people to listen we're just making our point like everybody else sometimes it's just a I thought I mean we post because something crossed our mind and we give our opinion you don't have to agree with anybody you don't have to like it you can wholeheartedly disagree but he's right and by the way if you think for any reason that Jerry Jones hasn't been the GM around here for at least five years and it will mcclay is the GM he does most of what a regular GM does just with a different title in just like any corporation there's layers and layers of management Jerry doesn't sit up there on some pulpit with a gavel like a judge and makes stupid decisions by himself he listens to his coaches and every time he change his coaches which like on defense has been way too often over the last 10 years you then have to try to find different talent to fit the new schemes and things can change and that happens with changing out the head coach the offensive coordinator that's happened a couple times over the last five years there's always something that's in flux and you have to make changes just like the Philadelphia Eagles you think that they thought after going to the Super bowl and then they got pillaged with their coaching staff and a lot of their players and then have a monumental collapse last year after their wonderful GM who makes all these moves that everybody thinks are great and then somehow our team beats his team twice for the division out of the last three years and I know there's more goals than that but everyone thinking that Jerry just sits up there and does this by himself is ridiculous maybe to his discredit he shouldn't listen to people as much but he has football people under him he has football people on his staff of coaches they've been doing this almost their entire lives..

So no this response isn't just to you I don't have time to go make 5 responses to everyone this is just adding my opinion to this Jerry has football people under him just like other teams he just doesn't have a GM with a title that this fan base agrees with even though they refuse join me there he has not been the GM he just likes the title of Jimmy likes to talk he likes to be in public he is becoming a little senile so just ignore what he says that don't mean the people under him don't know what they're doing..

Lastly you all do realize that Dallas Cowboys management does things like most teams do there are very few teams that take that super aggressive approach that go after all the big name free agents that do all these moves year round most of them do it like the Dallas Cowboys you try to draft well fill some holes you do go after a few free agents but this all in thing that the Rams Eagles and 49ers do here and there I mean the Rams did it once that is not very common especially for a team that's won 36 games two division titles been to the playoffs five of the last eight years they don't have as big a hole and need to make as big a moves as some of these other teams it's been evident go look at the past five years and see that the Washington and the giants have spent more a lot more it made more moves than the Dallas Cowboys and yet they still are at the bottom of the division...​
This isn't always about making the big splash moves although I wish yes they would do a little bit more that they would try this a little harder but in no way shape or form is this front office doing things much differently than 90% of the NFL I mean look at the Kansas City Chiefs beat the 49ers and the Eagles in the Super bowl by doing very little they literally used a running back and wide receiver by committee they did not go out and spend big money the last five years if anything they've been dismantling their team and making smaller and smaller moves every year and doing exactly what the Cowboys do and I get it they have Patrick mahomes they have Andy Reed and they have a slight advantage and that's why they're winning Super Bowls doing it the same way but most teams I can't put this in bolder letters, they do it the way the Cowboys do it... This whole all in high risk stuff is not what teams do on a regular basis.. And I agree every now and again it might be nice if they did try it just to see if it would work..
Yeah, uh, hell no...story time!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is the same for all NFL teams. I’ve got faith in Will McClay to find some talent at both the RB and DT positions before the season starts. Whether it’s a young player that’s on the tail end of a strong roster or a veteran last day cut. There will be some excellent talent teams will try and stash on the practice squad. This is where McClay shines. Who knows, they may already have someone on the roster in both areas. So no need to lose faith. Lots to look forward to.
Another great empty phrase the Joneses like to use.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
That’s not quite true. We avoid the first 2-3 weeks of free agency, so for us it’s roughly a 49 week thing!

chagus

Reaction score
First time hearing McClay sucks. Man, i guess this entire organization sucks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First time hearing McClay sucks. Man, i guess this entire organization sucks.
It’s hilarious. If you create a positive thread about a players or coach the haters immediatly attack. No matter who it is. Even McClay. :lmao:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s hilarious. If you create a positive thread about a players or coach the haters immediatly attack. No matter who it is. Even McClay. :lmao:
That's why you post because just for that, and you don't even know that you bring it on yourself, you love it, and even laugh about it...so sad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's why you post because just for that, and you don't even know that you bring it on yourself, you love it, and even laugh about it...so sad.
It does provide some good laughs. Especially yours.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good luck finding any real talent that’s released between now and the start of the regular season at the RB and DT position. I don’t have any faith we’re going to come up with a solid answer. A solid answer could have been found months ago in free agency or the draft. We may end up having to make a trade during the season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good luck finding any real talent that’s released between now and the start of the regular season at the RB and DT position. I don’t have any faith we’re going to come up with a solid answer. A solid answer could have been found in free agency or the draft. We may end up having to make a trade during the season.
You’re probably right about DT but they might have more luck with RB.