Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
RamziD;4566312 said:
Holy cow! David Murphy just hit an ITPHR!
He cranked it up rounding 2nd. I was worried he might get nailed at the plate. Solid effort by Murphy;)

RamziD

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;4566314 said:
He cranked it up rounding 2nd. I was worried he might get nailed at the plate. Solid effort by Murphy;)

No kidding, right? Murph doesn't exactly have elite speed, but that was pretty awesome to see.

Zordon

Reaction score
RamziD;4566308 said:
Is it just me, or does Minute Maid Park look like a little league field? That's one rinky-dink ball park.
it's actually pretty nice in person.

i don't have a good feeling about this game. holland is screwing around too much.

RamziD

Reaction score
Zordon;4566355 said:

i don't have a good feeling about this game. holland is screwing around too much.

Our pitching, outside of Yu, is horribly inconsistent. It always has been. At least we finally have a true #1 pitcher, though.

Zordon

Reaction score
damnit i'm pissed. all of our pitchers have wet the bed the past two weeks except for yu. ridiculous.

Zordon

Reaction score
****, i am sick and tired of nelson cruz. he completely ruined that inning.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Team has been very mediocre over the last few weeks. So much for thinking that they'd challenge for 100+ wins. I just don't see enough consistency from the pitching this year.

Zordon

Reaction score
another sickening loss. so many players on this team are infuriating me right now.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eh it's a long year...just try to get to 90 wins and make the playoffs. The good news is that the other "heavyweights" in the AL are struggling right now too like Detroit and Tampa.

Tampa is the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs but Cleveland and Baltimore don't really scare me. And in the NL, only the Dodgers scare me. If this is a "down year" where the traditional baseball powers are replaced by these new teams then I like our chances.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
6-5 hell yes.....might be our only win against the Rangers this year.....

GO ASTROS

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;4566437 said:
6-5 hell yes.....might be our only win against the Rangers this year.....

GO ASTROS

That was the most exciting game I've listened to in a long time for the Astros. I was worried with Hamilton at bat with a man on but the team really pulled it together for the win.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Not today Astros. Lewis owned. (well, game not over yet. Lewis coming out for the 9th too)

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I got a text from a friend in Texas and she went to the game. She said the Rangers had a ton of fans there. Way to represent!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Zordon;4566355 said:

Ya I've been there. Not a bad stadium, feels weird though since it's indoor.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4567318 said:
Ya I've been there. Not a bad stadium, feels weird though since it's indoor.

Definitely. I just spend three days there. It was weird to me watching a baseball game with air conditioning, I guess I'm used to sweating away in Arlington, ha. The stadium itself is nice, I don't much care for the dimensions of the field though, it's basically just a box, and the hill in center field is dumb.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4566982 said:
I got a text from a friend in Texas and she went to the game. She said the Rangers had a ton of fans there. Way to represent!

Yeah we were in full force the whole series. But jeez we had to hear it when we lost saturday, all of a sudden the Astros are amazing because they won a game. At one point Saturday their was a slight "Cowboys suck" chant going on. Seriously? I just laughed.

Zordon

Reaction score
a win always feels good going into a new week, especially when the angels lose.

when do we stop focusing on the angels and turn our attention to the A's? they seem like a scrappy team.

yu vs king felix tonight should be great.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4567321 said:
Yeah we were in full force the whole series. But jeez we had to hear it when we lost saturday, all of a sudden the Astros are amazing because they won a game. At one point Saturday their was a slight "Cowboys suck" chant going on. Seriously? I just laughed.

I imagine the Houston fans..even baseball ones..hate anything Dallas. And the fact the Rangers fans were really representing probably really got on their nerves. Surprised they pulled out the Cowboys chant though. Silliness.