Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Everything seemed to go their way this series. Everybody who was slumping found their hits. Sadly the Angels are much improved lately.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Rangers seem to have signed Oswalt,i hope he can really help us this year but this might mean Feliz wont be back in the rotation.

RamziD

Reaction score
reddyuta;4576924 said:
Rangers seem to have signed Oswalt,i hope he can really help us this year but this might mean Feliz wont be back in the rotation.

Where did you read that? On the Rangers official site, it just says they are the front-runner to sign him, not that they actually got him signed.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
RamziD;4576929 said:
Where did you read that? On the Rangers official site, it just says they are the front-runner to sign him, not that they actually got him signed.

I think it's confirmed. TR Sullivan just tweeted it.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4574889 said:
Awesome! I would have loved to have been there! Congratz on seeing an awesome game! :thumbup:

Thank you.

It was crazy; everybody was bummed on Jays push in the first half of the inning but once Andrus hit that double you could feel the confidence back in the stadium.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Free agent pitcher Roy Oswalt has signed with the Texas Rangers, The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday.

More Texas Rangers coverage
For more news, notes and analysis of the Rangers, check out ESPN Dallas' Rangers Report. Blog

Oswalt, who had previously auditioned for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Boston Red Sox and the Rangers, had given teams indications that Texas was his destination of choice. He has a close relationship with club president Nolan Ryan, and he apparently likes the thought of pitching for a contending team that's close to his Mississippi home.

Oswalt, 34, has a career record of 159-93 in 11 seasons with Houston and Philadelphia. He is a three-time All-Star who has finished among the top five in National League Cy Young Award balloting five times in his career.

After waiting until spring training and failing to land a job to his satisfaction, Oswalt told major league clubs in late February that he planned to wait until midseason to return.

Information from ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...ngers-sign-free-agent-pitcher-roy-oswalt-deal

:mchammer:

Stautner

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4576960 said:

Very interesting. Not sure what Oswalt has left. He's had a few injury problems so maybe he is healthy now and can become a solid member of the rotation. If he is in the big leagues a few weeks before the All Star game as the article says is possible, and gets several starts and does well before Feliz comes back, it will be interesting to see what they do with Feliz. Feliz makes more sense in the bullpen than Oswalt does, but how would he fit in the pecking order with Ogando and Adams?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Stautner;4576993 said:
Very interesting. Not sure what Oswalt has left. He's had a few injury problems so maybe he is healthy now and can become a solid member of the rotation. If he is in the big leagues a few weeks before the All Star game as the article says is possible, and gets several starts and does well before Feliz comes back, it will be interesting to see what they do with Feliz. Feliz makes more sense in the bullpen than Oswalt does, but how would he fit in the pecking order with Ogando and Adams?

I expect Oswalt and Feliz to be starters and sacrificing Harrison or Lewis to the pen. It is possible Feliz goes back though, I wouldn't be surprised by any means. I still think it'll take a little bit for Oswalt to be ready; he might even be ready after Feliz returns. I have no idea how ready he is. Worst case scenario would be if Feliz's injury is worse than we expect. The good thing is, Oswalt is 34 and for a pitcher that really isn't too old.

Mike_45

Reaction score
I think the Oswalt signing is good for America. I really don't think Feldman has what it takes. I hope he does well, I just don't think he will. Just hope he does ok until Oswalt is ready. I hope he pitches a little in Round Rock so I can go see him.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
RamziD;4577099 said:
Great, thanks! I really like this signing. Oswalt is still good as the 4th or 5th guy in your rotation. It also allows us to not rush along Feliz's rehabilitation and then gives us some flexibility in the pitching staff once he does get back.

Many teams would love to have Oswalt in their rotation above 4th or 5th.

RamziD

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4577102 said:
Many teams would love to have Oswalt in their rotation above 4th or 5th.

True... but he'll probably be 4th/5th in our rotation.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if he is healthy, he will be at least our second best pitcher IMO, i LOVE this signing!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm pleased with the signing.

I've been very pleased with the team thus far this year. So far the pitching, for the most part, has been even better than I could have hoped. I was very worried about it going into the year but they're making a believer out of me to this point.

MC KAos

Reaction score
now if we can sign cole hammels in the offseason we will have the pitching to match our offense :D

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4577137 said:
now if we can sign cole hammels in the offseason we will have the pitching to match our offense :D

As long as it doesn't interfere with landing Josh I'm all in!