Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4562438 said:
Ouch...losing to the Royals at home

It's not too bad. I mean we are definitely better than KC just not these last couple of days.

KC is underrated though, this team is solid and has a lot of really good young pieces who will soon not be Royals. Hosmer, Alex Gordon, Moustakas are good young players. Chen pitched awesome against us to.

Like Sam said it didn't help we gave everybody days off.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
We got Yu on the mound tonight!

I tried to get tickets for the game but upper level was $50!!!

What has happened to the ballpark that I have known for my whole life? I come back from school for a normal summer and I can't even find cheap Rangers tickets!

This is crazy. I'm so used to just grabbing whatever tickets I want and going to the ballpark. I guess I have to plan early now lol... Anybody know good places to get tickets?

Zordon

Reaction score
Good victory today. Lets create some more space between us and the A's tonight. the crowds at the ballpark have been amazing. a couple of years ago the life was sucked out of this franchise by tom hicks and alex rodriguez. now you can't go anywhere in Dallas without seeing Rangers gear and tickets are hard to come by.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Zordon;4563724 said:
Good victory today. Lets create some more space between us and the A's tonight. the crowds at the ballpark have been amazing. a couple of years ago the life was sucked out of this franchise by tom hicks and alex rodriguez. now you can't go anywhere in Dallas without seeing Rangers gear and tickets are hard to come by.

I can't go anywhere in NYC without seeing something Rangers at least once a week. Of course, most of the time it's me wearing it. :D

Though, I am definitely not the only Rangers fan here. I see other Rangers fans here from time to time too.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4563780 said:
I can't go anywhere in NYC without seeing something Rangers at least once a week. Of course, most of the time it's me wearing it. :D

Though, I am definitely not the only Rangers fan here. I see other Rangers fans here from time to time too.

The New York Rangers gear doesn't count dude.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Zordon;4563724 said:

Amen to that. Down here in Austin, it is the same thing. Three years ago, the only person wearing Rangers stuff would be me and a few others, now I see a plethora of Rangers fans every day. Good stuff.

Zordon

Reaction score
today was the worst loss of the season. infuriating on so many levels.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Zordon;4564674 said:
today was the worst loss of the season. infuriating on so many levels.

It really was. Man couldn't get a clutch hit to save our lives except for Mitch. And then the fourth run should have been a double a play but the ump thankfully missed the call. Joe Nathan had a good inning and has been strong of late. And losing to a division for is never fun. Oh well.

I'm watching every game for the Astros series. I'm hoping it turns into Rangers Ballpark south. Ranger fans should be well represented. The Astros are a scrappy young team though and I think we will have trouble against Wandy. Should be fun.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I didn't realize yesterday's game was a day game. I'm glad I missed it. :omg:

DFWJC

Reaction score
So Josh had his 16 game hit streak ended by the manager. Josh was not happy at all about not playing, though it had nothing to do with the hit streak.

And Moreland hits two homers but still doesn't earn the right to face a lefty. I guess he has sucked vs lefties, but when you're rolling like he was and a man is on base, I'd have gone with the gut and played him. Easy to question in hind-site though.

Anyhow

Go Rangers

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Did Josh pinch hit last night? If not, his hitting streak should still be in effect.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4565227 said:
Did Josh pinch hit last night? If not, his hitting streak should still be in effect.
I think he got an at bat.

He can just start another one. I read where someone asked him about it and he had no idea how many games it had been--which is not surprising.

Zordon

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4565227 said:
he got two AB's...streak is over.

nelly's horrendous AB in the 9th inning. :bang2:

michael young and him batted a combined 0-11. :bang2:

pinch hitting for a batter who had 2 HR's is asinine, i don't care about his bad performance vs. lefties, moreland should have stayed in.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Neftali was all over the place, it is amazing that he only allowed one run. Then Ross came in and pitched well, along with the rest of the bullpen. Beltre, Kinsler, and Young were all hitting the ball well. Hopefully Kinsler and Young can get out of their mini slumps they had going.

Great first day in Houston, looking forward to game 2 against the Astros.

RamziD

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Minute Maid Park look like a little league field? That's one rinky-dink ball park.