Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Zordon;4581742 said:
there was a closed door meeting after the game. about damn time is what I say. this team has been bad for 2+ weeks. today's game was just unacceptable on so many levels I don't even have time to list them all.

It worked well. We could have scored more runs but that was a good game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4581729 said:
Slumping still. I think the Angels pass us this month. Hopefully we can try to keep it close and try to take it in September like last year
We'll see if they pass us. I guess we can book mark this one

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Feldman is a joke...the offense is also about to get no-hit vs. some A's scrub pitcher

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4583613 said:
Feldman is a joke...the offense is also about to get no-hit vs. some A's scrub pitcher

Yep, not real sure what they see in him or think they can salvage. Oswalt can't get started fast enough. This kid Parker for the A's is no scrub, I think he could be something eventually. IMO they still need to trade for another pitcher before the deadline. I don't trust Holland nor Harrison, they've been pitching like scrubs for the better part of the season so far, inconsistant at best. I think the offense will be fine, it's just the grind of the season, hot then slumps over and over.

Zordon

Reaction score
that was probably the last time we see feldman start. just pathetic we've given up a 8 run inning to the mariners and a 7 run inning to the a's within the last week.

saying that, i'm more concerned about the hitting. only andrus seems to be hitting well in the entire lineup. josh is in a slump. kinsler has been horrible the past month. nelly and napoli seem to be waking up a bit but are still hit or miss.

i'm wondering if this team might be tired from the past two years/playoff runs. or just content....

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Zordon;4583759 said:
i'm wondering if this team might be tired from the past two years/playoff runs. or just content....

There is no way they are content. This is just something every team goes through. I don't think it's a big deal and is probably good for them. They need to struggle some.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Zordon;4583759 said:
that was probably the last time we see feldman start. just pathetic we've given up a 8 run inning to the mariners and a 7 run inning to the a's within the last week.

saying that, i'm more concerned about the hitting. only andrus seems to be hitting well in the entire lineup. josh is in a slump. kinsler has been horrible the past month. nelly and napoli seem to be waking up a bit but are still hit or miss.

If it makes you feel any better this time last year they were 29-26 at this same point in the season. I would be more concerned if they were slumping in August and September.

I'm always worried about their pitching though.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Ive seen enough of scooter feldman ... bring up some guys from the minors. Tired of seeing feldman pitch ****ty game after game.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Feldman is just awful.

Where is the guy from 2009 and the one from the postseason last year?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
We're not even 1/3rd the way through a 163 game marathon, and the Rangers have the best winning% of any team in the AL and the 2nd best in the entire MLB. Did people honestly think they were going to win 120+ games this year?

RamziD

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4583905 said:
We're not even 1/3rd the way through a 163 game marathon, and the Rangers have the best winning% of any team in the AL and the 2nd best in the entire MLB. Did people honestly think they were going to win 120+ games this year?

I thought, and still claim, they can win 100. Oswalt will help our rotation. If we can get consistency from Lewis, Darvish, and Harrison, we can get there. I never thought much of Derek Holland... I don't think he has it in him to give multiple quality consecutive starts.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not that worried about Holland. His ERA is high, but his periphery stats are fine. When adjusted for park, he's still a slightly above average starter, with the potential to be much, much more. A lot of teams would kill to have that as a 3rd or 4th starter.

RamziD

Reaction score
I don't dislike Holland, he just hasn't really made the impression that I thought he would. I think he's about a #4 guy. He just looks like he's not that serious, though, and when he gets into trouble he will have disaster innings. I'd like to see him mature and hone his game, but am not sure he has it in him.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Right now the biggest concerns are Nellie and Young. Josh's crazy spring covered up some warts in that lineup. At 35 years old, gotta wonder if the age isn't catching up to Young and if last year wasn't a fluke. We're now in June, it's getting a little late in the season for him to still be batting below .700 OPS. When your 1st baseman is slugging below .400 in that ballpark it's a problem. Nellie is 32 years old and has a lot of wear and tear on that body. Starting to wonder if we aren't beginning to see the start of a decline of his career arc. I'm not saying it's panic time, but I would start eyeballing some potential DH/1B types that might be available at reasonable price at the trading deadline, even if it's just to add a platoon bat.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would be worried a little bit if I were a Texas fan as well. It's a long season so anything can happen but the American League West is not strong this year. I think that if Texas struggles to find consistency in their pitching, it's something that could be problematic moving forward. You have a 4.5 and a half game lead on the Angles who are barely playing .500 baseball. I think Texas is OK for the moment but it's important that they find their stride before somebody else in the division does.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Rangers have the largest lead of any division leader in baseball. If having the best record in the AL and the 2nd best record in all of baseball isn't "finding your stride" I would hate to see what "finding your stride" is.

Maybe the biggest problem with the Rangers is most of their fans are bandwagon fans who just climbed aboard in the last year or so and didn't really follow baseball very closely in the past. They don't have much of an outlook on what a 163 game baseball season consists of.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4584028 said:
The Rangers have the largest lead of any division leader in baseball. If having the best record in the AL and the 2nd best record in all of baseball isn't "finding your stride" I would hate to see what "finding your stride" is.

Maybe the biggest problem with the Rangers is most of their fans are bandwagon fans who just climbed aboard in the last year or so and didn't really follow baseball very closely in the past. They don't have much of an outlook on what a 163 game baseball season consists of.

They also playing in the only division that doesn't have more then one team with a winning record. Lets not get crazy Rosh. One 3 game series where you get swept by a division opponent and you could be looking at a game and a half. If you were playing in the East, I think it would be a much different story. Be that as it may, as I said before, I think Texas is OK right now but if they allow another team to get hot and they continue to struggle with their pitching, they could have issues. That's a fair statement. I don't know what you could have a problem with in that statement.

RamziD

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4584028 said:

Not me. I've been a Rangers fan since before Jose Canseco was bouncing balls of his head in the outfield :laugh2: