Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
DFWJC;4602925 said:
3 RBIs for Martin and half way to the cycle.

Have to love that the Rangers clearly are primed to keep the roster stocked via the farm system.

Yep, we haven't even seen Profar yet.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4602928 said:
Yep, we haven't even seen Profar yet.
I did pay him a visit in Frisco a few weeks ago and he had 3 hits and a homer. Sweet

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4602944 said:
Martin finally :bow:

Wow looks like Wash is pulling Harrison already :eek:
Harrison looked fine. He didn't get hurt did he? I'm no longer in front of a TV.

Zordon

Reaction score
Harrison had some soreness in his lower back.

I wish we got more help from the Dodgers this weekend. They had the lead in every game vs. the Angels but only won one game.

MC KAos

Reaction score
like my cousin likes to scream at me when i answer my phone...

"ITS THE FIRST PLACE IN THE MAJORS TEXAS RANGERS, DUDE!!!!!!"

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
:laugh2: Now Colby Lewis is going to the 15 day DL. It's all about the Frisco Rough Riders starting rotation now :eek: Harrison probably joins them on the DL soon too with his back injury

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4604453 said:
:laugh2: Now Colby Lewis is going to the 15 day DL. It's all about the Frisco Rough Riders starting rotation now :eek: Harrison probably joins them on the DL soon too with his back injury

Wow. Forearm tendinitis huh? Three of the five starters that started the season are on the DL. I can't recall a time when the staff has been hit this hard with injuries.

Stautner

Reaction score
Mike_45;4604482 said:
Wow. Forearm tendinitis huh? Three of the five starters that started the season are on the DL. I can't recall a time when the staff has been hit this hard with injuries.

And of course, one of the starters from last year who could be filling in now is also on the DL. I hope Oswalt can hold up.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4604453 said:

Perez got called up though!

I've been wanting to see this guy for a while now. Unfortunately, I think it might be a little bit too early for him. Regardless, I still want to see him.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Pretty exciting game tonight. Detroit was hitting everything no matter where the ball was located. Got to see Perez for a brief stint, and Leonys Martin continues to look promising. I am excited for this guy. We should definitely be able to resign Josh if our young guys continue to look promising. As much as you hate to think about it, Guys like Martin and Profar are there waiting to replace somebody like Cruz or even possibly Andrus (though I really think we need to keep Elvis).

RastaRocket

Reaction score
I hate the Angels, but this kid is the real deal. Rookie of the year.

[youtube]WgZZpj8gPcw[/youtube]

Zordon

Reaction score
i've tried to not acknowledge his existence b/c he's an angel but I can't anymore. that kid is a STUD and it sucks that we're going to have to deal with him in the future.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Zordon;4605682 said:
i've tried to not acknowledge his existence b/c he's an angel but I can't anymore. that kid is a STUD and it sucks that we're going to have to deal with him in the future.

Agreed. Trout this, Trout that but he is good.

RastaRocket;4605613 said:
As much as you hate to think about it, Guys like Martin and Profar are there waiting to replace somebody like Cruz or even possibly Andrus (though I really think we need to keep Elvis).

I don't see Andrus leaving anytime soon. He is only 23, the only way I see him leaving is if he asks for crazy money. I don't see that happening, he hasn't developed his power yet, which I think would play into a huge contract the team couldnt afford. His play in the field is great in my opinion and improves every year. I was not able to find any info on his current contract though, just that he was in the running for a multi year contract this year. Anyone know anything about his current contract?

I would love to see Profar come down to Round Rock so I can see him play.

JackWagon

Reaction score
I want us to trade profar for a #1 pitcher ... like Grenkie ... at the trade deadline. And win a WS.

Headed to the game tonight to watch Feldman serve up some dingers to the Athletics. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Anyone do their 25 votes for the All-Star game? I did mine today. They definitely make it easier than they used to. Once you've voted once, you can just keep clicking vote for 24 more times. (though you have to keep entering a captcha, but it's easy to read.)