Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Leonys Martin is in the lineup tonight. I had no idea we called him up. I hope he does well.

He is hitting .375 in the minors.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Very solid start by Justin Grimm, albeit against the Astros but still probably better than anything Feldman could've done :laugh1:

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4595391 said:
Very solid start by Justin Grimm, albeit against the Astros but still probably better than anything Feldman could've done :laugh1:

Amen to that.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
It sure is nice having the worst NL teams scheduled. I'm not complaining, this team needed to regroup.

5 game lead with the Angels losing tonight. Just got our pitchers back healthy. I have a feeling Ross and Adams are going to be getting a lot of work with Ogando and Uehara out. I don't trust the rest of the pen besides Nathan who only closes of course.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Harrison is playing like an All-Star this season :eek: The last lefty standing with CJ gone and Holland on the DL and too inconsistent anyway

I like what we've seen with Leonys Martin so far, in limited play.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4597697 said:
Harrison is playing like an All-Star this season :eek: The last lefty standing with CJ gone and Holland on the DL and too inconsistent anyway

I like what we've seen with Leonys Martin so far, in limited play.

Each he will be a good player. The few times he played last season he played well. It just sucks that he is taking time from Gentry who is playing as good as anyone right now.

RamziD

Reaction score
Harrison has been huge for us this year. I'm interested to see how Grimm does in his second start...I've never believed that Holland could be consistent enough to be a quality starting pitcher...hopefully Grimm can fill in his role. Does anyone know how many more starts Oswalt is expected to get with RR before he gets called up?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rangers play another game vs a horrible team.

Who's next on their schedule? St. Mary's School for the Blind? :laugh2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4597894 said:
Rangers play another game vs a horrible team.

Who's next on their schedule? St. Mary's School for the Blind? :laugh2:

Nah I think the Rockies could beat St. Mary's...maybe. Haha

You play the games on the schedule. Not their fault they are playing bad teams. Just take care of business.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
We have a rough stretch right before October I believe. AL East.

Actually, it is in August. Angels, Royals, Red Sox, Tigers, Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles, Twins (phew), Rays, and thin finish up August with 1 game vs. Cleveland.

RamziD

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4598225 said:
We are in the 5th with 1 ER from Feldman. :eek:

Yeah, but it's against the Padres in SD so it's really like 4-5 runs against against a decent team ;-)

RastaRocket

Reaction score
RamziD;4598252 said:
Yeah, but it's against the Padres in SD so it's really like 4-5 runs against against a decent team ;-)

Shhhh... don't tell Scott that. Maybe we'll boost his confidence.

RamziD

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4598253 said:
Shhhh... don't tell Scott that. Maybe we'll boost his confidence.

Lol, but we can boost his confidence more by putting him back in the bullpen where he's a better pitcher.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I mean I don't think Feldman has pitched great, but he isn't getting much help behind him.

This was the first night he got run support. And in his previous starts there has been many errors (some of which are his own). But definitely everyone needs to get healthy to put him back in the pen.

Mike_45

Reaction score
They are 8-2 in their last 10 games, the bats are making contact and the pitching, Feldman included is improving back to early season form. Hopefully they have emerged from this almost month long swoon.

I want the angels buried again. :)