Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Angels lose Rangers win. Good day.

Still winning with all the guys on the DL is impressive and I don't care who they are playing.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4607845 said:

Still winning with all the guys on the DL is impressive and I don't care who they are playing.

Right! Go Rangers. I saw a bit of the game on TV & it was nice seeing the stadium full or close to it.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4607845 said:

It's a mark of a well run organization. Even the stadium staff are extremely nice and helpful. I was impressed with my ballpark experience last night and have been with the team. Nolan and co. have done a great job transforming this organization top to bottom.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Zordon;4607243 said:
Game of the Year.

Craig Gentry is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. I like the guys hussle.

Love that the Angels lost too. 5.5 game lead, hopefully we can stretch it to 7 or 8 games before the all star break.

I'm a little worried about Napoli. I think the contract year stuff is getting too him. He looks completely lost batting.

I missed the game unfortunately. Although I will say Hamilton's walk off in the bottom of the 13th was an epic game as well. I'm just glad we increased the lead on the Angels.

Zordon

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4607919 said:
I missed the game unfortunately. Although I will say Hamilton's walk off in the bottom of the 13th was an epic game as well. I'm just glad we increased the lead on the Angels.
You know what, you're right. The reason I forgot about that game is b/c I had to bow out of watching around the 11th inning b/c of some other plans. I stopped following it on the gamecast after the jays scored in the top of the 13th. Came home and saw they won, all I could do was shake my head. The team never quits.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21779577&c_id=mlb&topic_id=vtp_budweiser

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I think one of the most unique things about our ballpark is Greene's Hill and how they let people run out there and catch home run balls. Pretty cool.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Zordon;4607987 said:
You know what, you're right. The reason I forgot about that game is b/c I had to bow out of watching around the 11th inning b/c of some other plans. I stopped following it on the gamecast after the jays scored in the top of the 13th. Came home and saw they won, all I could do was shake my head. The team never quits.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21779577&c_id=mlb&topic_id=vtp_budweiser

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I think one of the most unique things about our ballpark is Greene's Hill and how they let people run out there and catch home run balls. Pretty cool.

The main reason I remember is because I was at that game, it was amazing.

Also, I'm very happy Perez had him a solid outing last night.

MC KAos

Reaction score
so its rumored that the phillies are pretty much giving up on the year and are starting to shop cole hamels around. if we could get him for prospects, would you guys do it? i think i would, are rotation would be insane! and he is only 28, between him and yu, we could be dominant for years to come!

Zordon

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609016 said:
so its rumored that the phillies are pretty much giving up on the year and are starting to shop cole hamels around. if we could get him for prospects, would you guys do it? i think i would, are rotation would be insane! and he is only 28, between him and yu, we could be dominant for years to come!
The problem is he's a free agent after this year. So we're going to have to fight to keep him past this season.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609016 said:

Apparently the Rangers are already looking into getting Hamels or Greinke. I'm not sure I want to trade Profar though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4609024 said:
Apparently the Rangers are already looking into getting Hamels or Greinke. I'm not sure I want to trade Profar though.

id love to get hamels, not too sure about greinke and his social anxiety stuff though, specially with the local media being as annoying as they are.

the only thing that worries me about hamels is whether or not he would sign an extension with us, id like to avoid another cliff lee half year rental. hopefully cliff has nice things to say about us and he will sign an extension or at least keep us at the top of his list come free agency. i couldnt believe that he was only 28, i thought he was the same age as cliff and doc

MC KAos

Reaction score
Zordon;4609023 said:
The problem is he's a free agent after this year. So we're going to have to fight to keep him past this season.

yup, thats true, it could get expensive with him AND josh being free agents, i guess we can only trust jon and nolan to do whats best, i just hope that could include a young stud left hander at a pretty good age.

Zordon

Reaction score
We have Beltre locked up but I think the team see Olt as their answer at first base. We haven't got consistent play from there in years. Plus Olt seems to have some good pop in his bat. We might need that when Josh leaves.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Zordon;4609080 said:
We have Beltre locked up but I think the team see Olt as their answer at first base. We haven't got consistent play from there in years. Plus Olt seems to have some good pop in his bat. We might need that when Josh leaves.

True, true.

Also, there is this....

The Phillies suggested a contract extension along the lines of Jered Weaver’s deal with the Angels (about $85 million for five years) near the end of last season. It is believed Hamels is interested in a longer deal, perhaps one closer to CC Sabathia’s $161-million, seven-year contract with the Yankees.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...e-hamels-shane-victorino-available-for-trade/

It is still unknown just how much our new ownership is willing to pay to keep players. If we want Cole it is going to be extremely pricey. The Phillies locked up all these guys a couple of years ago and now look where they are.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Another article.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...rces-phillies-put-cole-hamels-on-trade-market

The Phillies are said to be seeking at least three good young pieces for Hamels, one of the best lefthanded starters in the game. Shane Victorino is another Phillie free agent who's most likely available, as well.

Sorry, no thanks on the 3 good prospects. You keep young talent, and trade away old expiring talent. This just sounds like a disaster trade, just look at history.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't realize how sucky Philly is.

Cliff Lee should have stayed in Texas. He would have almost certainly gotten a World Series title last year....and maybe this year too.

Oh well. His wife preferred Philly.
Sure hope DWill listens to his wife as much. :laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
holly molly, roy oswalt has been horrible! really besides his last assignment start and his first start vs the rockies, he has been god awful!! i hope he can turn it around!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
19-0 :laugh2::laugh1: Embarrassing. Two times this year too and it's not even the AS break yet