Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

JackWagon

Reaction score
This season is all about the pitching. We need some of the "greatest farm system in baseball" to step up and become pitchers in the big leagues.

Or trade some of it for Grenke. I would love to have Darvish and Grenke for the next 5 years as our 1 and 2 in the rotation.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4598225 said:
We are in the 5th with 1 ER from Feldman. :eek:

Funny thing is that one run was Elvis' fault even though how it happen isn't considered an error. (though it should be)

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4598963 said:
Funny thing is that one run was Elvis' fault even though how it happen isn't considered an error. (though it should be)

That was the double play right?

And how bout Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4599704 said:
Feldman is mad about going back to the bullpen :laugh2:

What did he say? I did a quick look around on the internets and could not find him spouting off.

He had his chance to stay, but being 1-6 with a 6.00 ERA kinda seals the deal. I know he didnt get a lot of run support, but he gave up basically a run per inning that he pitched. I used my arithmetic skills, best as I can determine he gave up .92 runs an inning since moving into the rotation.

RamziD

Reaction score
Mike_45;4599795 said:
What did he say? I did a quick look around on the internets and could not find him spouting off.

He had his chance to stay, but being 1-6 with a 6.00 ERA kinda seals the deal. I know he didnt get a lot of run support, but he gave up basically a run per inning that he pitched. I used my arithmetic skills, best as I can determine he gave up .92 runs an inning since moving into the rotation.

A 6.00 ERA indicates he gave up 0.67 earned runs per inning. The rest of those runs (in your 0.92 calculation) would have been unearned.

But, that's just niggling...the point is taken that he is better utilized in the bullpen.

Mike_45

Reaction score
RamziD;4599807 said:
A 6.00 ERA indicates he gave up 0.67 earned runs per inning. The rest of those runs (in your 0.92 calculation) would have been unearned.

But, that's just niggling...the point is taken that he is better utilized in the bullpen.

You caught me. I was using his overall ERA, from opening day. In my mathematical fun I only used the innings pitched and runs given up from when he was a starter. Thus, while as a starter he did give up .92 runs an inning.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Mike_45;4599795 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texa...04/scott-feldman-unhappy-about-bullpen-return

Of course he's going to be mad, but maybe if he threw better he wouldn't have gotten beat out by rook Justin Grimm.

Mike_45

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4599824 said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texa...04/scott-feldman-unhappy-about-bullpen-return

Of course he's going to be mad, but maybe if he threw better he wouldn't have gotten beat out by rook Justin Grimm.

Exactly. This guy has had two years to cement his position in the rotation after his pretty good year of 2009. He just hasnt done it. I want him to do good, but he hasnt delivered. We all know he can pitch well, he just needs to buckle down and focus. He could be very good coming out of the pen. He needs to put aside the sour grapes and do his job like he is capable of, like in the post season last year.

RamziD

Reaction score
Mike_45;4599844 said:
Exactly. This guy has had two years to cement his position in the rotation after his pretty good year of 2009. He just hasnt done it. I want him to do good, but he hasnt delivered. We all know he can pitch well, he just needs to buckle down and focus. He could be very good coming out of the pen. He needs to put aside the sour grapes and do his job like he is capable of, like in the post season last year.

He shouldn't be mad. He's done very good for us as a long-reliever. That's the way he can best help this team, because our starting pitchers aren't going to go 7-8 innings each game down the stretch..

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good stuff by Oswalt. And Joe Nathan has been pretty lights out after that rough start :eek:

RastaRocket

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4601833 said:
Good stuff by Oswalt. And Joe Nathan has been pretty lights out after that rough start :eek:

He's definitely been one of the best closers. I'm so happy to have Oswalt. It's a night and day difference between Oswalt and Feldman.

RamziD

Reaction score
MC KAos;4601724 said:
very good start by oswalt! hopefully he continues to improve!

Yep, hopefully we'll continue to see good stuff from him. Remember, this was the Rockies he pitched against. Feldman pitched a good game against an equally bad Padres team just a few days ago (although, not quite as good as Oswalt's performance last night). Point is, happy to have him here but let's see what he does against better competition.

DFWJC

Reaction score
3 RBIs for Martin and half way to the cycle.

Have to love that the Rangers clearly are primed to keep the roster stocked via the farm system.