Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Profar's untouchable. They would try to unload Perez and Leonys Martin for an ace before they considered Profar. He is THE future starting SS of this team

JackWagon

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4606080 said:
Profar's untouchable. They would try to unload Perez and Leonys Martin for an ace before they considered Profar. He is THE future starting SS of this team

Why are they so high on this kid? Im sure hes good but a Starting #1 pitcher to help win a WS is way more important at this point.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
JackWagon;4606104 said:
Why are they so high on this kid? Im sure hes good but a Starting #1 pitcher to help win a WS is way more important at this point.

A starting pitcher is nice, but I'm somebody who believes on doing things by the best talent. Profar is no doubt the best talent we have in the system, so I believe he has to stay here. He's pretty much Elvis Andrus with more power in the bat.

Also, Yu is our #1 pitcher of the future.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
JackWagon;4606104 said:

Some more help in the bull pen wouldn't hurt either.

I don't trust Addams, the guy looks scared much of the time. I don't think putting Feldman back in the pen would help because if he sucks in the 1st inning of most games he starts, that doesn't bode well for coming in relief to get out of a jam or to just hold a slim lead. So i'm all for trading Feldman and getting the most they can for him, if anything.

Haven't seen anything impressive with Kirkman, he and Sheppers needs to go back to the minors if they think they can be something otherwise get rid of them. I'll give Grimm alittle more time.

Perhaps some of these moves will happen once Colby, Ogando, Holland and Feliz get back.

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4606733 said:
Scheppers is a bust, get him outta here

No.

They gave CJ wilson several years, and he was just as bad if not worse. Scheppers will be around for a bit.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Scheppers hasn't shown anything in the minors either and he's been down there for a few years now. He's already 25 too, it's not like he's still young like Perez. I would start shopping him and hope that some team still likes him. Maybe get some more bullpen help

Mike_45

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4606891 said:
Scheppers hasn't shown anything in the minors either and he's been down there for a few years now. He's already 25 too, it's not like he's still young like Perez. I would start shopping him and hope that some team still likes him. Maybe get some more bullpen help

I think he has been in the minors for two seasons? Four games in 09, 72 games in 10, 56 in 11 and 25 at round rock this year with 8 innings at Texas. He is a bit older than your standard rookie, he played at Fresno State. Derek Holland was in the minors for three years and didnt exactly light it up his first time around in the majors.

He should get the year to at least get over being called up, he is a good pitcher. Just need to be patient with him.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4606759 said:
:laugh2: The kid has the jitters. It's his first time on the big stage.

Haha just reading this page we should be cutting every pitcher and prospect pitcher we have. Another case of I'm glad fans don't run this team.

Mike_45

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4606954 said:
Haha just reading this page we should be cutting every pitcher and prospect pitcher we have. Another case of I'm glad fans don't run this team.

Yep. This isnt football where you have to produce from day 1.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
After tonights game and not a single freaking post? I'm guessing everyone gave up after the 6th or 7th inning? LOSERS! :laugh2:

Go Rangers! :bow:

juck

Reaction score
I missed the game. I saw they came back? Angels lost too. :D

Zordon

Reaction score
Game of the Year.

Craig Gentry is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. I like the guys hussle.

Love that the Angels lost too. 5.5 game lead, hopefully we can stretch it to 7 or 8 games before the all star break.

I'm a little worried about Napoli. I think the contract year stuff is getting too him. He looks completely lost batting.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4607225 said:
After tonights game and not a single freaking post? I'm guessing everyone gave up after the 6th or 7th inning? LOSERS! :laugh2:

Haha nah man I watched all the way through. I just have a life :D

Actually that's a lie I don't have a life either, haha.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4607225 said:

I actually went to the game, I had'nt been to a game in 18 years. The place went nuts when Gentry hit that triple. Glad for Sheppers to get a save but he still had to make it interesting.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4607225 said:

I was out and about drinking some whiskey and watching at a sports bar.

Tonights game is good, Perez doing good!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nothing like having the youngest starting Ranger pitcher in 30 years get his 1st start and 2 hit a rival!

Mike_45

Reaction score
DFWJC;4607839 said:
Nothing like having the youngest starting Ranger pitcher in 30 years get his 1st start and 2 hit a rival!

And to pick up a game on the Angels also.