Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

Zordon

Reaction score
Games like yesterday make me wonder if this is a championship team. These blowouts have happened a little too often for a team with the best record in baseball.

I look at our roster and I say to myself who on this team has really been consistent this year? Who is someone you can count on every single day? Nobody really this season w/ the exception of Gentry and that concerns me when you're talking about the playoffs. This team can very easily come out in a playoff series and dominate or they can lay an egg. Our pitchers are very capable of pitching 7 innings of shutdown baseball or give up 5 runs before all of the fans get in their seats. Same thing with our offense. Too many guys struggling all year long at the plate, it's frustrating b/c I wonder how they will do against elite NL pitchers in their setting w/ one less man in the lineup who can hit. The team too many times this year has let scrub pitchers they have never faced before look like sandy koufax. Most likely the pitchers we see in a potential WS matchup are going to be pitchers we have little to no experience against, does that mean the offense will not show up as well?

Idk I'm starting to think this team might need another bat and quite possibly another arm. Hopefully we can get a good idea of what this team looks like full healthy and then determine if a trade is needed.

Oh yeah also screw Ian Kinsler. That guy has been hot dogging it all year long since he got paid. His effort has been putrid.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Zordon;4610917 said:
Games like yesterday make me wonder if this is a championship team. These blowouts have happened a little too often for a team with the best record in baseball.

I look at our roster and I say to myself who on this team has really been consistent this year? Who is someone you can count on every single day? Nobody really this season w/ the exception of Gentry and that concerns me when you're talking about the playoffs. This team can very easily come out in a playoff series and dominate or they can lay an egg. Our pitchers are very capable of pitching 7 innings of shutdown baseball or give up 5 runs before all of the fans get in their seats. Same thing with our offense. Too many guys struggling all year long at the plate, it's frustrating b/c I wonder how they will do against elite NL pitchers in their setting w/ one less man in the lineup who can hit. The team too many times this year has let scrub pitchers they have never faced before look like sandy koufax. Most likely the pitchers we see in a potential WS matchup are going to be pitchers we have little to no experience against, does that mean the offense will not show up as well?

Idk I'm starting to think this team might need another bat and quite possibly another arm. Hopefully we can get a good idea of what this team looks like full healthy and then determine if a trade is needed.

Oh yeah also screw Ian Kinsler. That guy has been hot dogging it all year long since he got paid. His effort has been putrid.

I share your same concerns but try to remember it's only the half-way point. Last year at this time they were 43-38. If they are still this inconsistant in Aug./Sept. I would be concerned.

The team themselves don't seem to concerned based on what i've seen and read. It's just the flow of the season.

I think two of they're worst blowouts were when Feldman was pitching, that guy sucks right now and we need to get what we can for him in some kind of package deal, or something.

I was excited about Oswalt but my excitement was tempered because I knew he was available for a reason. Just they can get enough out of him for one more year to make a run at the end. Hopefully he's still just getting readjusted after being out for nearly the entire 1st half.

I agree with getting another bat and pitcher if they can I guess we'll see. I've felt that way for awhile now, esp. getting another pitcher.

Been hearing too much talk about this team being the best since the '98 Yanks, I hate hearing that kind of crap. Not sure if the team lets that stuff creep in or not but it just seems to create some sort of jinx.

Here's a link you can look at how they did game by game, month by month in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Texas_Rangers_season

Mike_45

Reaction score
On a positive note, the angels lost.

Oswalt made Feldman look good, just sad.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the Rangers have much to worry about.

They have to focus on the end result and that will come down to their pitching vs the Yankee's pitching.

Neither team looks to be able to keep their top 5 starters healthy.

Banking on folks like Oswalt and Freddy Garcia does not bode well for either club.

gmoney112

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4611260 said:
Angels are getting whooped right now.

It'd be a good opportunity to add a game, too bad Feldman is pitching.

Zordon

Reaction score
gmoney112;4611264 said:
It'd be a good opportunity to add a game, too bad Feldman is pitching.
lol pretty much how I feel.

gmoney112

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4611307 said:
We won Feldman's last start.

To be fair, I think that was against the A's.

Nice start to the game today, though.

gmoney112

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4611381 said:
Which one of those guys is the best player to get?

Hamels. Greinke is a good pitcher but Hamels is better, plus he's a lefty. Just depends on what it takes to get them, if the Phillies want too much then Greinke would still be a very solid addition to our rotation.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
gmoney112;4611397 said:
Hamels. Greinke is a good pitcher but Hamels is better, plus he's a lefty. Just depends on what it takes to get them, if the Phillies want too much then Greinke would still be a very solid addition to our rotation.

Thanks!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I'd prefer Hamels. We better extend somebody if we get them though, and not sell the farm.

If it takes Profar, take a hike Philly.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wow Pierzynski got some revenge on Napoli for the All-Star game snub with that collision :laugh2:

JackWagon

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4611513 said:
I'd prefer Hamels. We better extend somebody if we get them though, and not sell the farm.

If it takes Profar, take a hike Philly.

Forget about Hamels ... he is signing with the Dodgers after the season and Philly wants too much for a 3 month rental.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
JackWagon;4611899 said:
Forget about Hamels ... he is signing with the Dodgers after the season and Philly wants too much for a 3 month rental.

Exactly. Only if he extends nohing else.