The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Here's the secret...the defense lead them to that 5-1. Once the scouting came on Cooper, he was exposed
For clarification: How was Cooper Rush exposed? After the 5-1 as a starter, he hasn't started since. He has played in 27 games either as a starter or relief and is 21-6. Please don't take it the wrong way, I am trying to understand. His last start was his worse one as well as statistically. Is that that where the exposed comes from?

plymkr

Reaction score
Gonna be priceless to see Gardner Minshew under center here wearing the Star.....a few heads will explode, lol
I really think if this trade happens they will turn the keys over to Lance for a season. Jerry would love to take credit for the Lance trade and how he saved the franchise.

I’m all for letting Lance have 2024 if Dak is traded. Then we’ll know what Lance can do. If he’s decent or books then we resign him. If he busts then we have a high draft pick. Win win either way.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
because he can be cut. Post June 1.

Its the same as a post june 1 trade.

But Dak gets to keep his base if he's traded.

$29 million.
No - Dak has to agree to WAIVE his no trade clause
That’s the ONLY way a TRADE can be made to any team
The quote was cowboys would trade Dak to raiders
Not cowboys will cut Dak and he would sign with the raiders

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
You hope the franchise suffers just to prove that you're right? There are some haters, sure. Most that think it best to move on are looking at the numbers. Unless we see a deep playoff run, what sense does it make to invest in him when there are clearly fatal flaws that need to be addressed, that can't be due to the contract he's looking for? I hope the rumors are true because the draft stock he would garner would greatly benefit the future of the organization.
predicting we're going to suck doesn't mean we hope to enjoy the experience.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No - Dak has to agree to WAIVE his no trade clause
That’s the ONLY way a TRADE can be made to any team
The quote was cowboys would trade Dak to raiders
Not cowboys will cut Dak and he would sign with the raiders
I think he’s saying that the cowboys can use the threat of cutting Dak as leverage to get him to agree to a trade. If he’s cut instead of traded he loses the cash he is set to make this year. Possible he could recoup that as a free agent but not guaranteed

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I hope this rumour is true. I wish we could have another Walker trade. I won't hold my breath, though. :rolleyes:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Sure...just like every big FA is "linked" to Dallas. Face it; when there is no news in Dallas, they make news. I get it, this off-season is absolute putrid, boring trash. But that's it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Im no actuary...I suck at Math...

My take on QB pay is this:

Generally speaking there are two main sides to football...offense and defense...thats two factors. 100% divided by 2 is %50. So offense, generally is 50% responsible for the team.

I know there has been many posts in the past saying that a lot of teams run there offense close to 50% run and 50% pass to keep defenses honest. Obviously one can argue that certain teams go more or less.

If a QB...in this case Dak...is asked for his arm, mind and playmaking be 50% of the offense...thats 25% of a teams winning:

100% / 2 (offense and defense) = 50% offense and 50% defense

50% / 2 (passing game and running game) = 25% passing(QB) and 25% running

This isnt perfect math and I doubt that this is how agents present it in negotiations and I highly doubt this is how GM's look at it...but the QB has 25% on his shoulders excluding special teams.

I find the 20% to 22% of cap as being reasonable for the top 10 performers at QB and understand the high market price for QB's. Dak seems to have gotten too expensive for some around here.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Comfortable in the middle? More like I know you don't win a Superbowl every year. More like, I know it's a process to win a Superbowl. More like, last I checked we still have 5 Superbowls, the second most in the league. More like, I know we're closer to a Superbowl with Dak than we have been in a very long time. And...more like Very good QBs don't grow on trees. Has nothing to do with the middle....lol
So losing in the first round of the playoffs is the upper echelon?