The case for losing in KC serving the greater good

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand what happened. Denver dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball. They were far more physical than Dallas. That’s not a great matchup for Dallas and it showed. That’s one of the very best defenses in the nfl. If you are looking for a similar game - look @ NO. That’s the game you should have circled. Not this game this weekend vs KC. NO has a very similar team to the Broncos and if the cowboys don’t adjust from there Broncos game vs NO, they will lose that game too.

We still have time before that game but that game in particular will be interesting. From a long term perspective , there aren’t many , if any, playoff teams that will bring that level of physicality to the table. Speaking solely of the major contenders, obviously, No is in the playoff race but they aren’t contenders.

This idea that the cowboys were overconfident / ate the cheese is nothing but pure crap. They got their butts handed to them bc the other team dominated them and they did that bc of the matchups. Nothing else.
We will just agree to completely disagree.

JBS

Reaction score
We will just agree to completely disagree.

yeah, it makes much more sense that the cowboys were just overconfident and that’s why they lost by a gazillion points. Bc that’s how many points overconfidence is worth in this league. Meanwhile, matchups don’t matter at all. Yeah, the earth is flat too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just go win.

This game is going to be incredibly tough and KC is starting to play good football again just in time for when Dallas comes to town.

We’re going to get their best effort this week at their house.

SackMaster

Reaction score
If the Cowboys Players / Coaches are too darn arrogant / stupid / idiotic / moronic / self-absorbed / selfish / have a lack of self-awareness that they need to be "humbled" again after being humbled less than 2 weeks ago ... we have much bigger issues than we thought.

Now I don't think we win out as the odds are we lose another game or two, this week being likely against a really talented, if not good, Chiefs team.

But I also don't think they will "eat the cheese" again this season and require to be humbled.

JMHO

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Statistically, the best way to make the superbowl is being the one seed. I'm not for anything that makes that harder.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This team reminds me a lot of Jimmy's young team. Our time is right NOW. Its time to show we can win games against good teams and especially on the road. IMO, this is a statement game.. not for anyone other than the players on the Dallas Cowboys. They need this game to really solidify in their brains what they have all been saying publicly... that this is a SB team. Beat the Chiefs and I think a lot of the young guys will sit back and say... damn, we really can win the Super Bowl this year. As a long time coach of some of the best players that played my sport... confidence in yourself and believing you are better than the other guy is a real thing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If the Cowboys Players / Coaches are too darn arrogant / stupid / idiotic / moronic / self-absorbed / selfish / have a lack of self-awareness that they need to be "humbled" again after being humbled less than 2 weeks ago ... we have much bigger issues than we thought.

Now I don't think we win out as the odds are we lose another game or two, this week being likely against a really talented, if not good, Chiefs team.

But I also don't think they will "eat the cheese" again this season and require to be humbled.

JMHO
plus... who the hell said being humble is a good thing? Were the 92-95 Cowboys HUMBLE? Hell no, they were one of the most brash, cocky teams Ive ever seen, besides the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I do not understand the mentality of the OP. Someone, please help me with this. One helping of humble pie may have done us some good, but going back for seconds is not advisable IMO. We play to win the game! Let's not make excuses to lose. That's not what we are about and I want no part of it.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Dear lawd. NO, losing doesn't make us better. How many wake up games do you think this team needs?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
That all sounds great, but I'd be pretty cool if Dallas just won this game and all the others for the rest of the season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
And I am not suggesting a second "lesson" like DEN. KC has been to the last 2 SB's and is playing in one of the toughest environments for visitors and seems to have turned their offense around.

Losing to a good team, a worthy team on their turf, is nothing akin to losing to DEN on your own home field as they did. I am thinking measuring themselves against KC and coming up a little short could be a good thing for the rest of the season.
Oh I see what you mean. Misunderstood a bit.

Well yeah, I actually expect exactly that to happen.

I dont think anyone ought to be in meltdown mode if that's the case.....AFC game on the road in a tough place to play. Sure wish we had Gregory for this one though.

Itll sting much more tiebreaker wise if we drop one of the division road games....or any of the remaining conference games for that matter.

I don't expect them to win out and either of next weeks games is certainly the most affordable of those left.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The greatest good is a Cowboys win. There is nothing greater, end of story. Cowboys winning draws in more fans than anyone, more ratings than anyone, more money than anyone. The biggest fanbase in the world will be drawn to watching us play even the crappiest teams in the smallest of markets and so will all our haters which in istelf would be the second biggest fan-club in the world.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I could never make a case where losing is better than winning. I don’t think we ‘needed’ to lose the Denver game. What we needed was focus, discipline, AND PRACTICE THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE GAME. I HATE that they took that practice off. That was arrogant. Tales of good coaches being tougher on their teams after a win are anecdotal and I’m not a coach so I don’t know, but I know that I’m better at everything I practice.

I think a good, hard game where KC plays great ball and we beat them anyway would be best for us.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly why Reality did not offer the Not Like button when he set this up!

Run means they're going to win out and go 15-2? Meaning they sweep the division, and 3 of the remaining 4 are on the road, and beat NO in NO and take AZ at home? In that case, I withdraw my thread.

But I do not think that is going to happen and I think a sweep of the division is unlikely.

We've seen this team on a roll, DEN, and in a bonce back, ATL, and I will take the bounce back Cowboys.
No...make a run does not mean win out. Did I say "we need to win out"? It means a different thing and I didn't say it.

It does mean you TRY...it does mean you're gonna beat people up and be adept...even if you lose 1 or 2.