The clock is ticking on Prescott

kskboys

Reaction score
Ever since, 1season and they made the playoffs. I guess your opinion is the eagles will be bad this year.
Possibly. If they carry on from last year, they won't be all that great. Hurts is starting to get injured from running too much, and they desperately need young guys to play great. Hey, maybe they will.

Brax

Reaction score
So, you simply ignore the starters they had to let walk to pay everyone.

The Eagles were in the Super Bowl in 22. Did they come anywhere near that in 23? Here's where the research comes in that you keep failing to do. NO, they are not anwywhere near a super bowl. Hey, maybe if Davis and Carter can pan out to be great players they can turn it around, to be seen.

Here's what you keep inexplicably missing: Dead money always hurts a team. Limits the players you can bring in. C'moooon, this is not that difficult.
It very difficult for you sorry can’t help you anymore

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
They sign good players so 52 million doesn’t matter for the eagles but it’s a team killer for the cowboys. Other teams have larger dead money so what you are saying is false, if the cowboys roll the full 28.5 million they have in cap space into next season then the 40 million is only 11.5 million you have no clue how the cap works or you wouldn’t say what you are saying. Your entire premise is wrong period.
I have to disagree.

It is really quite simple. If Dallas did NOT have $40M in dead cap space next season, then Dallas WOULD have an additional $40M available to bring in free agents or retain their own players. Period.

Nothing changes this simple fact. If Dallas does have unused cap space they can roll into next season, that is irrelevant to my point.

It's very clear which one of us understands how the cap works.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have to disagree.

It is really quite simple. If Dallas did NOT have $40M in dead cap space next season, then Dallas WOULD have an additional $40M available to bring in free agents or retain their own players. Period.

Nothing changes this simple fact. If Dallas does have unused cap space they can roll into next season, that is irrelevant to my point.

I'm in shock to see people claiming that dead money doesn't matter. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Brax

Reaction score
I have to disagree.

Tell us about all those free agents the last 10 years, where do you think the money comes from for the players they sign after big contracts are signed by Jerry, it comes from pushing high paid players money down the road your model is pay the cap salaries the season they are due never have dead money, news flash I don’t believe any team uses your model , do you know the average dead money per team this season
It’s 32.5 million bye have a nice weekend

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I want him gone as much or more than most here, but until he physically is not on this team then I am gonna assume Jerry will cave and sign him.

Seeing is believing for me.
Agreed I just don't trust Jerry and his doofus son to make the smart decision for once.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wrong it’s 29 million and 25 million in cap savings he would be a post June 1st cut look again 25 million is his salary this year
So I guess both Over the Cap and Sportrac are incorrect.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Typical got nothing the old fall guy Romo, at least if we watch him golf he will win some, stop living in the past your hatred of Romo is legendary here and the old site, you’re just a all around hater of anyone not named Prescott
Hilarious. This coming from arguably one of the top 3 biggest Prescott haters.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the intent is to not resign him then freaking trade him for picks. You can get him to waive his no trade clause if some team out there is willing to make him the highest paid qb in the league
That seemed to be their offseason strategy to me.

Minimize what Dak had to work with on offense *this* year. Make this year a contract year with degraded weapons and protection for Dak. Make being traded for a new contract *now* a better option than getting a new contract *next year* after a year with worse numbers and injury risk.

And really, he's only making 30mil this year. That's at least 25mil below market on a new contract. If he plays out this year, as seems likely, he's just eating that 25mil up front.

It *makes sense* for him to agree to a trade.

Maybe they just haven't found a team willing to make the trade. Would have to find a team that wants a good but not great QB, and *still* has the cap room to take on Dak this year. At best that's a limited number of teams, at worst that's zero.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The whole Dak and Lamb situations are just funny to me.

It's almost like Dallas doesn't want to sign them but give the impression they do want to sign them.

I suspect Lamb happens soon. Dak? I have no idea at this point. There has been a lot of Lance hype coming from Jerry and media friendlies. Is the front office laying the ground work for this being Dak's swan song?
I honestly wouldn’t doubt if they wanna see what Dak could do without Lamb for a couple of games.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I hope Dak walks, dallas isnt the team that will get him a SB ,

Trade/Sell Dak , if possible .

Too expensive .

Overload the Defense , and put Cooper on .

We will make the playoffs , same as with Dak .

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't sign Dak from now until the regular season starts. This way Dak will make up his mind to leave and make Jerry eat crow from now until his last days.
Let’s hope so. At least we both agree that he should get the heck outta here. I don’t care if he gets his money somewhere else. That team won’t win any championship either and have an anchor around their neck. Good riddance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yes it does. See my post above.

The Eagles tore that team apart by letting D players go. The Eagles made it to the super bowl in 22 due largely to the 2nd ranked D in the NFL.

Then, they did the opposite of what KC did. They started paying WR's and their O and let their most important D guys walk. And it's been downhill for them ever since. They are not close to the same team they were in 22.
The were in the 2023 Super Bowl. They won one less game than the Cowboys last season. Like the Cowboys they were bounced from the playoffs in the wild card round. If they’re going downhill, the Cowboys are right there with them. And they are going downhill.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Dak is a mediocre QB who has random sparks at some games. But there is a pattern, every time or most of the times Dallas plays against a real competitive team Dak can’t play.

- Chiefs
- Any Vic Fangio Defense
- 49ers
- Packers
- Bills

Or any real SB contender. So there is a big chance that will happen again, you know it, I know it, MM knows it and Jerry knows it.

He is 32 I don’t think he is getting any better, smart or accurate. The reason Jerry wont let him go its because he can win at least some games and keep fans and media talking about “this maybe your year Dallas” and then playoffs happen. But it keeps the narrative alive, people going to the games, buying jerseys and media non-stop talk about Dallas. What is that? More money for Jerry and that’s everything he needs.

What happens if Dak leaves? You may get a bad QB and if Dallas now loses to bad or mediocre teams nobody will talk about it, fans won’t be that excited and the narrative will die.

So, if you care about football you would start building again and suck for a few years (you do that anyway but with style…) or you keep lying everbody with some wins and then the inevitable playoff fiasco, but you get money.

Take a guess about what Jerry really wants.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Move along Dakdavidian move along...................when it comes to weird and placing one player over the team's success just look in your mirror.
I don’t do that. I’m not sure anyone does that because that would be stupid. We are cowboys fans here. We want our team to win.

No one cares if Dak is gone. But while he is here and playing for the team, we want the team to win. Period. Winning is what matters. That’s it.

1. You pull for the team to lose.
2. When they win you don’t post.
3. 95%+ of your posts are about one person that you want to fail and when he fails the team loses.
4. You have quite literally (and I’m using that word correctly) put one person above the team.
5. That is weird.

Take a look at yourself.

Last edited: