The clock is ticking on Prescott

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
They can sign him at any time during the season if he's still open to signing. This thread makes no sense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean we could argue over the words... i would say the clock is ticking FOR Prescott...i dont think he is under the gun for where this is headed....he sounds pretty comfortable with it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I want to belive what you are saying but j think Jerry is not strong enough to hold out unfortunately if they hit double digits wins by December
If Dak is having an MVP type season and he's not signed before the season starts then he will leave no matter what Jerry does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Every team has dead money on the cap last year there was dead money and there’s still I believe 6 million in Zeke dead money this year, if the cut Dak that 40 million could be 15 next year, you need to understand that all teams push money not long ago Atlanta had 86 million in dead money so it’s is irrelevant, that money doesn’t disappear if he resigned it’s due it just gets shoved down the road and in all reality it will be a lot more dead money in 3 pr 4 it appears you have no idea on how the cap works
What team has 40 million on dead money from one player? And Atlanta sucks why would you use them as an example? How much dead money do contenders have?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your way of cap management is pay elite money to a QB that doesn’t perform come playoff time to save money, brilliant just brilliant now you know why the team sucks
I’m not for paying Dak what are you talking about? I want Dak out of here after this year. Not sure what you are going on about.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t post because of shame after a Cowboys win.

Can you not see how that makes you seem weird and or obsessed with one man?
Move along Dakdavidian move along...................when it comes to weird and placing one player over the team's success just look in your mirror.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
Its been ticking, I'm in the belief that he thinks he can get 70 million per year on the open market and dallas can't match that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But I though you were done with greedy Dak, now you want Jerry to cave in to his ludicrous demands. Which is it?

You're changing your tune so often people have a hard time keeping up.
Just because I still like Dak's playing ability does not mean I like his super greediness.

kskboys

Reaction score
The whole Dak and Lamb situations are just funny to me.

It's almost like Dallas doesn't want to sign them but give the impression they do want to sign them.

I suspect Lamb happens soon. Dak? I have no idea at this point. There has been a lot of Lance hype coming from Jerry and media friendlies. Is the front office laying the ground work for this being Dak's swan song?
I'm thinking that may be the case.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its been ticking, I'm in the belief that he thinks he can get 70 million per year on the open market and dallas can't match that.
They would be stupid to. You wouldn't even win w/ Mahomes at 70 mil/season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes a team game and Dak pitched in well above his fair share. Dak should have been given his walking papers along with MM and DQ after that embarrassment. You being a Dak zealot just will not allow you say it because that would make look foolish after all the Dak excuses you have posted, including how he had a really good game against GB, just look at those stats he racked up against the second team
Meh, go cry to your beloved Romo. Go watch him play some golf. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Prescott is a very good QB, good enough to help win a Super Bowl with the right team, just like other QB's out there have done. He should have just been signed to a longer-term contract with lower cap hits several years ago. IMO, all parties involved screwed the pooch, the only real big winner here was the agent, France. Yes, Prescott won big if you just look at the money aspect, but regardless of money his image has really been hammered upon, and despite what some want to believe, these guys do have a lot of pride (and ego).

At this point in time, his cap hits are just too much to retain a good team around him. We will still feel the pain a year or so after he is gone, regardless of any new (or not) contract deal. I don't see a viable replacement for him this year, or next. A real conundrum the Dallas Cowboys are in, for sure.
Where you sleeping under a rock? THEY TRIED. Dak refused a longer term deal.

Brax

Reaction score
What team has 40 million on dead money from one player? And Atlanta sucks why would you use them as an example? How much dead money do contenders have?
Do some research the eagles have 52 million dead money this year and LA has 24 million from Donald this year the problem is you just don’t understand how it works, I’m not your research resident try figuring it out yourself

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do some research the eagles have 52 million dead money this year and LA has 24 million from Donald this year the problem is you just don’t understand how it works, I’m not your research resident try figuring it out yourself
You make the claim and when someone asks you to back your claim up it’s up to me? Just say you don’t know and you are talking out of ***.

Brax

Reaction score
I’m not for paying Dak what are you talking about? I want Dak out of here after this year. Not sure what you are going on about.
That’s great so the 40 million is dead money next year you should have no problem with it, the FO paid up front and amortized it over the contract to provide the team with better players the same scenario will exist for CD and MP if they are signed to market elite money

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s great so the 40 million is dead money next year you should have no problem with it, the FO paid up front and amortized it over the contract to provide the team with better players the same scenario will exist for CD and MP if they are signed to market elite money
I have a problem because of why the 40 million on one player exists to begin with. The problem isn’t paying it. It has to get paid.

Brax

Reaction score
Meh, go cry to your beloved Romo. Go watch him play some golf. lol
Typical got nothing the old fall guy Romo, at least if we watch him golf he will win some, stop living in the past your hatred of Romo is legendary here and the old site, you’re just a all around hater of anyone not named Prescott

basel90

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
if he wins a super bowl or reaches the CCG , he will be retained. Otherwise , there is Dak Fatigue... let him try his luck with another team. He won't go far.