The clock is ticking on Prescott

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah you can be all about the money but at the same time going to a good team that’s willing to pay you money is also smart. I’d be reluctant to go to Raiders team that is even more dysfunctional than Dallas.
I can’t say that I’d blame you. I’m just trying to think of a team that has a big need at the position today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This take is so overblown. Why do we dismiss who the Cowboys actually drafted, and bash them for who they didnt? Dallas having interest in Dak was rumored weeks prior to the draft. It's also well documented that KC tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch too, but we dont turn around and say Andy Reid lucked into Mahomes because of it.

I mean if this is the thought process we use to hand out draft credit/blame then we can just chalk 100% of the draft up to luck.
Chiefs traded up to get Mahomes. I’d say some luck we involved because if we knew what we known now he would’ve been the first pick in the draft. Cowboys had they successfully traded for Paxton Lynxh would have not drafted Dak. Not only that but they had just signed Romo to a deal. Stupidity.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't sign Dak from now until the regular season starts. This way Dak will make up his mind to leave and make Jerry eat crow from now until his last days.
But I though you were done with greedy Dak, now you want Jerry to cave in to his ludicrous demands. Which is it?

You're changing your tune so often people have a hard time keeping up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
The clock is ticking on GM Jethro. Dak is perfectly comfortable heading into free agency.

Proof

Reaction score
If he wants to move on rather than prove himself by actually doing something in the playoffs then he needs to hit the road. He would allegedly rather move on because he can't prove himself, and he knows it.

And no, he won't be highly sought after. All of the strong teams have an established QB. The Dolphins aren't dropping Tua for Dak, the Bengals aren't dropping Burrow for Dak, The Bills aren't dropping Allen for Dak, the Jags aren't dropping Lawrence for Dak, the 49ers are not dropping Purdy for Dak, the Eagles aren't dropping Hurts for Dak, etc, etc.

Maybe a mid or bottom feeder might give Dak a decent deal, but they are not going to cripple their futures, and make Dak the highest paid player in the NFL.

If even Jerry is hesitant, then real football guys will know better, and want no part of paying Dak all time money.

The demand for QBs in the NFL is for YOUNG QBs with talent. Dak is old.
lol, you're kidding yourself if you don't think that Dak will be the highest paid player in the league in short order if he hits fa. did you not see the deal an injured, 36 year old kirk cousins got immediately? are you familiar with the NFL?

Brax

Reaction score
What do you mean it’s irrelevant? 40 million on a player that’s not on your team is not irrelevant what are you going on about?
Every team has dead money on the cap last year there was dead money and there’s still I believe 6 million in Zeke dead money this year, if the cut Dak that 40 million could be 15 next year, you need to understand that all teams push money not long ago Atlanta had 86 million in dead money so it’s is irrelevant, that money doesn’t disappear if he resigned it’s due it just gets shoved down the road and in all reality it will be a lot more dead money in 3 pr 4 it appears you have no idea on how the cap works

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
Please post your source for this nonsense.

Brax

Reaction score
It's a team game. Everyone pitched in during the playoff loss to GB.
Yes a team game and Dak pitched in well above his fair share. Dak should have been given his walking papers along with MM and DQ after that embarrassment. You being a Dak zealot just will not allow you say it because that would make look foolish after all the Dak excuses you have posted, including how he had a really good game against GB, just look at those stats he racked up against the second team

Brax

Reaction score
Ramifications as if they have to account for 58 million….whether he’s on the team or not. They have no idea how to structure deals or manage a roster. These guys knew guys like Tyron, Armstrong and Biadiz were not going to be back…no trade. Stupidity.
Your way of cap management is pay elite money to a QB that doesn’t perform come playoff time to save money, brilliant just brilliant now you know why the team sucks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The clock is ticking on the Cowboys because if they don’t extend him by the regular season, he’ll likely remain unsigned during the regular season and they’ll lose him in free agency. The Cowboys will then be stuck bringing in the Jacoby Brissett’s, Gardner Minshew’s and the Taylor Heinicke‘s of the NFL world until they can find a draft pick that pans out for them. What a miserable experience that could be.

Praxit

Reaction score
...they'll kick the bucket and sign CD. This game for Lance is huge. If he does great.

They probably roll the dice, on opening day. I know, crazy right?

Point in being. Dak wants to be highest paid player with worst playoff record. Big time stats are meaningless.

Winning in post season is Creme De La' Creme'.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The clock struck midnight on signing him when they didn't do it before Free Agency. It would be incomprehensible to do it now.

They now both sit in a comfortable position. Dak, if he performs great, especially the first half of the season, will have Jerry making him the highest paid QB in the league by far, by week 8.

Jerry gets another season to evaluate Dak and to watch what Lance evolves into.

Yeah it would make zero sense now.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Has it been said there will be no negotiations during the season? If not then this deal could come at any time.