The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

morat1959

Reaction score
You must have forgotten the consecutive 5-11 seasons. It was worse than now. At least now the Cowboy fan base knows they can normally hover around the .500 record each year. Back then, each year was about having another top 10 draft pick.

I’ve been watching since the early 70s and I respectfully disagree with you. The only time I’ve felt this down was after the 38-0 bears blowout back in the day. At least we could hope for change from one season to the next. JJ has destroyed this franchise. I can’t tell you the last time I looked forward to an upcoming season. Why should you....you know the outcome before the season starts. It’s Jerry’s world and we’re stuck in it. We are years away from this team making any kind of run at a super bowl.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we get beat Sunday...That might be your new low. When Wade got fired...that was pretty bad. We are teetering on the brink...that's for sure.:rolleyes:
the team quit on Wade, right on national TV...it happened this past game, on the last play, Zeke and Collins just standing around and looking....they looked like, they just wanted it over......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well said! Now that NFL pundits on ESPN, etc. are saying the same thing many of us have been saying for years and years( the main problem is Garrett and Linehan’s Offense), there is less talk about being a bad fan because you want this team to lose in order to get rid of those 2 clowns. Sometimes in life, and football, you must take 1 step back to move 2 steps forward.

I've been a "bad fan" for several years now and I've always thought of it as a badge of honor. But it's funny to see a few years later that everyone has either crossed over that line to stand next to me or put up the white flag and gone into hiding.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Which it isnt. Once again you choose to "blame fans" about this stuff. That's your problem.

My problem is I come here for information and analysis, but what I get more than anything is whining and carping.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has one priority and that is to earn money. Everything else comes in second place.

He is forbes #1. So he is right with his approach. He wont change anything unless the franchsise loses in overall revenue.

Garett is not the problem.

Dont fail to JJ or even SJ comments. Always be aware that all these guys care about is raising the value of their franchise. And right now they are doing better then everybody else in the NFL. So whats not to like for them ?

Aikam is very very right with his evaluation.
The main problem is Garrett and Linehan. Jerry meddles and gets in the way and I don’t believe he is TOTALLY invested in winning, but as a GM he has brought talent to this team. Probably top 10 talent in the NFL. It’s Garrett’s job to take that talent and win playoff games and Superbowls. Garrett’s not capable of this. He is the main problem.

I want to know Aikman’s opinion of Garrett.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The main problem is Garrett and Linehan. Jerry meddles and gets in the way and I don’t believe he is TOTALLY invested in winning, but as a GM he has brought talent to this team. Probably top 10 talent in the NFL. It’s Garrett’s job to take that talent and win playoff games and Superbowls. Garrett’s not capable of this. He is the main problem.

I want to know Aikman’s opinion of Garrett.

His opinion of Garrett is rather clear in that top to bottom rant.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not talking about you or the people I respond to, I'm talking about the big chunk of posters that say we were lose every game going forward after every close loss. This season has been a gut punch, but in reality its a team that should win 9 or 10 games winning 7 or 8. If they fire the coaching staff I'm fine with that, but we have people here that act like this is the Dave Campo years when its not.

Posters like you have been fans of Garrett and his proven mediocrity for 8 years refusing to admit you were wrong just because it hurt your ego even though the team was suffering. Now you come in here blaming fans for being cry babies instead of admitting you were wrong. In reality you guys are the cry babies who can't admit that Garrett is garbage

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL... I offered an avatar bet in a joking way and you said I was being "pissy".

Did you? Or did you try to take a jab based on a past bet? If it was "joking", it didn't come through.

What's the bet this time?

visionary

Reaction score
Your post says No No but your Avatar last offseason says Yes Yes.

Jason-Garrett-Net-Worth-is-18-million-dollars-and-earns-an-annual-Income-of-6-Million-dollars.jpg

Talk about petty

CB61

Reaction score
Like I've said in someone here said earlier even if Garrett does go Jerry will just bring another Yes Man unless there's a culture change including Jerry I don't see us going where we want to go

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to hear. When listening to Aikman broadcast our games, I’ve always thought he let Garrett off easy.

Here is the point where things stand right now. Few, if any of Garrett's formerly staunch supporters are saying anything. Check out Aikman's recent Sporting News Q&A. They ask him specifically about Garrett and he goes on to simply address the team's pergomance. He doesn't even mention Garrett's name. Or Michael Irvin's recent pep rally with Stephen A. Smith ahead of Monday Night's loss. Asked about Garrett specifically? Irvin changed the subject entirely.

As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything, and even his most ardent supporters have nothing to say at this point.

fansince68

Reaction score
It would be poetic justice. I've never been a fan of the guy, and, in my opinion, he undermined Wade Phillips before ultimately being gifted that head coaching position. Garrett's offense made just as many mistakes as Phillips defense did, but it was Wade alone that paid the price.

Garrett was able to "fail upwards" based on an ill-conceived picture in Jerry Jones head. Jones has always put more stock into what Jason Garrett says than anything Jason Garrett actually does. Some people can talk a good game but can't actually do anything. That's who Garrett is, and his empty talk has finally reached its end.
Very well said.....

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There is no comparison between the 80's and now. The 80's had three NFC Championship games and still Danny White was thought of as a winner.

By most people. Me, I thought he was a loser for the fumble that started the 9ers legacy. It was not the Catch that screwed Dallas, it was the ensuing fumble by White after a forty yard completion to Drew Pearson that left the team about twenty yards from a field goal and a Super Bowl.

This time we are in, with 23 years of suckage is the worst, and the fans have a dread and foreboding that Jerry will live forever or Stephen will take over just like Dad and run this franchise into the ground.

Because, this team is heading toward being the Browns at light speed.