News: The Dallas Cowboys are in love with Kyle Pitts and have spoken to him already

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Everyone should be in love with Pitts. We’re talking about a Calvin Johnson-like talent here.

It’d be crazy to pass him up at 10.

Interesting that you bring up Calvin Johnson, who was a Detroit Lion. If we were to take Pitts at 10, or higher, we could actually become like Detroit. I mean, we've used a third on Gallup (2018 who will probably get cut if we take Pitts), we've spent a first on Cooper and last year, we spent a first on Lamb. We would actually look a lot like Detroit, for sure........

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Interesting that you bring up Calvin Johnson, who was a Detroit Lion. If we were to take Pitts at 10, or higher, we could actually become like Detroit. I mean, we've used a third on Gallup (2018 who will probably get cut if we take Pitts), we've spent a first on Cooper and last year, we spent a first on Lamb. We would actually look a lot like Detroit, for sure........

Gallup gets cut?

Want to see the Vegas odds on that one, think I would take that one.

Swagger

Reaction score
This is why the front office's plan in FA and the homers that defend it are flawed. When you ignore clear needs in FA and instead sign depth guys and hope that the draft will deliver your real starting talent, you lose flexibility in the draft. If you wouldn't sign a really good DT in FA or a really good S in FA or a really good CB in FA, instead thinking those guys will come from the draft, you can't then turn around and trade premium picks to go chasing a TE in the first round.

That's just absurd logic.
It's why I don't understand the Pound Land moves in free agency.

We had the ability to make a couple of decent signings on defense in free agency as the Prescott cap hit is absolutely fine next season. We start to get kneecapped in that regard from next season so it appears brainless to have not gone for it this season whilst we can and some other teams are really struggling to manage the cap.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gallup gets cut?

Want to see the Vegas odds on that one, think I would take that one.

Yeah, that's happening if Pitts get drafted. I don't think there is really any question about it, to be honest.

But hey, for sure, show me the Vegas odds..

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

I’d love to take Pitts, then trade Gallup and our first next year to pick up one of the best CBs or Safeties left this year. The Ravens are desperate for a good WR, and pick at 27...

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah, that's happening if Pitts get drafted. I don't think there is really any question about it, to be honest.

i think you are misstating "cut" with not being extended...gallop is a number 2 reciever, cooper and ceedee are number 1 guys so if someone is willing to pay gallop number 1 money next year, it doesn't matter if we signed pitts or not.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

Absolutely no way he gets cut, it would be beyond crazy. If you don't want him you trade him and if you can't trade him you take his production this year for his low cost and get a comp pick when he signs his next big contract. That's if you don't want him which I believe they do, can they afford him after this year is the only question..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’d love to take Pitts, then trade Gallup and our first next year to pick up one of the best CBs or Safeties left this year. The Ravens are desperate for a good WR, and pick at 27...

Who do you think is going to trade a first, to us, for Gallup? I mean, yeah, that would probably be the best possible scenario if we were to foolishly chase Pitts but, that's not gonna happen.

I mean, when has it ever happened that way in the recent past for us?

This is an extremely deep WR draft, following a very deep WR draft last year. There is only one year left on his deal and then he's an FA. Who is going to send a 1st round pick to us this year when they can simply wait for us to cut him? I don't understand that line of thought.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Absolutely no way he gets cut, it would be beyond crazy. If you don't want him you trade him and if you can't trade him you take his production this year for his low cost and get a comp pick when he signs his next big contract. That's if you don't want him which I believe they do, can they afford him after this year is the only question..

Trade him to who, for what? I mean, you say this but I just watched the exact same thing happen with Jones last year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i think you are misstating "cut" with not being extended...gallop is a number 2 reciever, cooper and ceedee are number 1 guys so if someone is willing to pay gallop number 1 money next year, it doesn't matter if we signed pitts or not.

Oh, I think it absolutely matters. Again, this is a deep WR draft. I think there will be plenty of quality vet WRs or younger WRs that can be had. You don't need to spend another 1st round pick on a Receiver, be it WR or TE.

I mean, what exactly does that get us?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Trade him to who, for what? I mean, you say this but I just watched the exact same thing happen with Jones last year.

Even if you take trading him off the table which I don't believe you need too as he has a lot of value, but take that option off the table. You don't cut him, you take his production this year for a very low cost and you get the comp pick when he signs his next deal. Cutting him it the worst thing you could do.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Even if you take trading him off the table which I don't believe you need too as he has a lot of value, but take that option off the table. You don't cut him, you take his production this year for a very low cost and you get the comp pick when he signs his next deal. Cutting him it the worst thing you could do.

He's an FA after this year. I mean, you either sign him, trade him, or let him walk. What other options do you see?

Again, who exactly do you see trading a first round pick or whatever for him?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He's an FA after this year. I mean, you either sign him, trade him, or let him walk. What other options do you see?

Again, who exactly do you see trading a first round pick or whatever for him?

Who ever said trade him for a 1st, was not me.

Hard concept, but if he walks after this year you get a comp pick, you cut him you get nothing, including his production on the field this year for a low cost.

Cutting him will never happen ans should not

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Who do you think is going to trade a first, to us, for Gallup? I mean, yeah, that would probably be the best possible scenario if we were to foolishly chase Pitts but, that's not gonna happen.

I mean, when has it ever happened that way in the recent past for us?

This is an extremely deep WR draft, following a very deep WR draft last year. There is only one year left on his deal and then he's an FA. Who is going to send a 1st round pick to us this year when they can simply wait for us to cut him? I don't understand that line of thought.

We would be giving a team our 2022 first and Gallup for their 2021 first in my dream scenario.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Who ever said trade him for a 1st, was not me.

Hard concept, but if he walks after this year you get a comp pick, you cut him you get nothing, including his production on the field this year for a low cost.

Cutting him will never happen ans should not

Come on, you are reading the same thread I am. If it wasn't you who said first, you know somebody did and again, if it wasn't you, then the "or whatever part" was for you. So lets hear it, what is a team gonna trade for Gallup? What is a team who would have to trade for him this year, going to trade us? Keep in mind, one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history, lots of young WRs available going 5 rounds deep this year. That means a lot of teams are going to be looking to get younger and that also means a lot of experienced WRs are going to be looking for jobs. So what do you honestly think we could get for Gallup? Keep in mind, this would have to happen before the draft for us to get any help this year with other young players. If not, then it's next years picks we are talking about, or later.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Come on, you are reading the same thread I am. If it wasn't you who said first, you know somebody did and again, if it wasn't you, then the "or whatever part" was for you. So lets hear it, what is a team gonna trade for Gallup? What is a team who would have to trade for him this year, going to trade us? Keep in mind, one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history, lots of young WRs available going 5 rounds deep this year. That means a lot of teams are going to be looking to get younger and that also means a lot of experienced WRs are going to be looking for jobs. So what do you honestly think we could get for Gallup? Keep in mind, this would have to happen before the draft for us to get any help this year with other young players. If not, then it's next years picks we are talking about, or later.

Come on now, you can't seem to focus on the whole point of my response to you saying he gets cut and why that would be crazy. It's simple just explain why he probably gets cut and how that would make 1 bit of sense in any scenario.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Come on now, you can't seem to focus on the whole point of my response to you saying he gets cut and why that would be crazy. It's simple just explain why he probably gets cut and how that would make 1 bit of sense in any scenario.

I can't focus? OK, this discussion is about a TE in the Draft. It's not about a WR and some trade that you propose. Lets be real honest here. You want to trade him, correct? OK, to who? For what? Who do you think is going to trade with us?

If you don't like the word "cut", fine. You seem to like the word "trade". So who is this trade going to be with and for what?