The disappearing act of Osa I can't spell his last name

HungryLion

Reaction score
What would lead them to believe that Mazi can provide a more consistent pass rush? The man played 30 games at Michigan and had a grand total of 0.5 sacks. Now a NT is there to plug up the run defense, so sacks aren't usually very numerous.

But I said before the draft that Dallas should not draft just the "big, fat guy" for the d-line, they needed someone in the mold of Aaron Donald (not saying there was one available to Dallas, just that Dallas needed somebody like that), somebody who could both plug the run and provide at least some pass rush.

And Smith wasn't/isn't that guy. He may yet develop into a good run stopping DT, but I'd be very surprised if he ever got more than a couple of sacks a year....
I’m just going based off what Will McClay said after he was drafted

He specifically mentions believing Mazi can develop some pass rush ability.

Qcard

Reaction score
Have you noticed? He's done this before.

Osa started off this season like a boss. 3 sacks and 4 tackles for loss in the first 3 games.

In the 7 games since? Sackless with just a couple of TFLs. He wasn't even on the stat sheet this week.

Your starting 3 tech and he hasn't gotten to the QB in nearly two months. Playing with a big lead in many of those games and teeing off on QBs trying to mount a comeback.

Where are you, Osa Whosyourmomma? Or are you just a rotational player?
Osa saw @Risen Star 2023 Cowboys Season Prediction at 9 Wins... :laugh: :laugh:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m just going based off what Will McClay said after he was drafted

He specifically mentions believing Mazi can develop some pass rush ability.
Maybe he just wanted Mazi so much he said that so there would be a greater chance Jerry would approve him?

Doesn't really matter at this point, he's on the team, has 3 more years at least Dallas will have his rights.

But he/you could be right, would be great if he/you are right, we'll see!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol ok so back to this.
You can't make up your mind.
Fair weather much?
The fact that Osa of all players is the hill he has chosen to die on is just bizarre. People around here can't help but cling to their trash takes to protect their egos I suppose.

Not that PFF is an infallible metric for evaluating performance, but it is helpful especially for positions like OL and DL where player contributions don't always show up on the stat sheet. Osa is grading out as a 81.3 on PFF right now, an elite score which would place him among the best in the league at his position.

Anyone with eyes on game day also sees that he is a huge disruptor and is constantly getting up field/ beating his man in the run and pass game, but around here if you aren't putting up 10+ sacks as a DT you're going to get crucified as a JAG. DLAW gets the same treatment.

CWR

Reaction score
The fact that Osa of all players is the hill he has chosen to die on is just bizarre. People around here can't help but cling to their trash takes to protect their egos I suppose.

Not that PFF is an infallible metric for evaluating performance, but it is helpful especially for positions like OL and DL where player contributions don't always show up on the stat sheet. Osa is grading out as a 81.3 on PFF right now, an elite score which would place him among the best in the league at his position.

Anyone with eyes on game day also sees that he is a huge disruptor and is constantly getting up field/ beating his man in the run and pass game, but around here if you aren't putting up 10+ sacks as a DT you're going to get crucified as a JAG. DLAW gets the same treatment.

Well he apparently goes back and forth now because he had changed his tune and completely denied his old takes on him being a JAG. Now that he's been quiet a couple games I guess he will go back to it. Dude is never wrong. What an amazing talent evaluator.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that irrelevant poster still trying to lie about my take on Osa?

Just pathetic.

He tried. He failed. He can't get over it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like my (actual) take on Osa was way off. "Maybe a starter but probably not a very good one."

Live and learn.

And hey, while he hasn't touched the QB in two months he does have an 81 grade at PFF and that's nice. For the Poindexters of the world.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Looks like my (actual) take on Osa was way off. "Maybe a starter but probably not a very good one."

Live and learn.

And hey, while he hasn't touched the QB in two months he does have an 81 grade at PFF and that's nice. For the Poindexters of the world.
He has no qb hits on 2 months? Lol the lies just fly off the stubby fat fingers don't they?

kskboys

Reaction score
It is weird. I see him on his backside quite a bit. I also think his technique is awful. Coaching hasn’t got through to him.
I think he lacks agility, the big career killer in the NFL. Only explanation I can come up w/,

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Live and learn.

The facts care not for your feelings my friend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Have you noticed? He's done this before.

Osa started off this season like a boss. 3 sacks and 4 tackles for loss in the first 3 games.

In the 7 games since? Sackless with just a couple of TFLs. He wasn't even on the stat sheet this week.

Your starting 3 tech and he hasn't gotten to the QB in nearly two months. Playing with a big lead in many of those games and teeing off on QBs trying to mount a comeback.

Where are you, Osa Whosyourmomma? Or are you just a rotational player?
Osa says Happy Thanksgiving.