The Elite QB Farce

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, and get Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, maybe even Tim Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always the poor examples. Why not Goff or Carson that year?

How about Mahomes? How about Darnold? How about Baker? Set our sites higher. Imagine a more Elite Qb and prolific passer in this offense.

There's some prospects in this draft.

I’m tired of not having one of the best. Can we at least try to draft an elite QB in the first round in the next 10 years. Lol

Last edited:

keysersoze

Reaction score

How about Mahomes? How about Darnold? How about Baker? Set our sites higher. Imagine a more Elite Qb and prolific passer in this offense.

I’m tired of not having one of the best. Can we at least try to draft an elite QB in the first round in the next 10 years. Lol
Goff and Wentz have not proven themselves to be better than Dak. SMDH
When is the last time a first round quarterback won a super bowl? Eli Manning? Oh wait! It was Peyton Manning in 2016. But we all know the Broncos defense won that game. It takes a team to become champions. Not just a so called elite quarterback.

kskboys

Reaction score

That wasn't my point at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is, you have a better chance of whiffing than you do of hitting. There's no clear formula, there's no easy way.

I'd love to have a top 5 QB. However, I don't feel the need to P and moan about it all the time simply because they are extremely hard to find.

We did not have the draft picks to trade up for those two. And Goff is being exposed. Dak might be better. Darnold has not been great and was a top pick. Dak is better than Baker.

Now, go back and tell me some guys who we could've actually gotten, and who are better than Dak.

keysersoze

Reaction score
That wasn't my point at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is, you have a better chance of whiffing than you do of hitting. There's no clear formula, there's no easy way.

I'd love to have a top 5 QB. However, I don't feel the need to P and moan about it all the time simply because they are extremely hard to find.

We did not have the draft picks to trade up for those two. And Goff is being exposed. Dak might be better. Darnold has not been great and was a top pick. Dak is better than Baker.

Now, go back and tell me some guys who we could've actually gotten, and who are better than Dak.
Fantasy football and the rule changes to promote higher scoring has ruined the minds of football fans. They want glamour and glitz instead of championships.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fantasy football and the rule changes to promote higher scoring has ruined the minds of football fans. They want glamour and glitz instead of championships.
Plus, Dak has shown many many signs that he can be more than viable. You'd have to be blind not to see the good.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus, Dak has shown many many signs that he can be more than viable. You'd have to be blind not to see the good.

Year 5 coming up for Dak so Ksk answer me the following......How many more years do we have to wait to see a true Franchise QB in Dak?
Man, you guys have to stop selling crazy here as Dak has progressed to the best possible for his talent base!!
Which is at best Tier 3.
If they tag him all we're doing is wasting another year and trust me come this time next year Dak will once again be the most debatable player here.
Now, why is that????
GL

keysersoze

Reaction score
And maybe he'll never get better, though it's a good bet that he will under McC. But to name some junk QB's as better than him is just out in left field.
I will just keep it cool on that topic. You know I’m always the villain. Lol.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Out of the 5 QBs you mentioned; one of them is better than Dak.

starfan1

Reaction score
You can trade up.
Yep if you are just qb away or you feel like it’s the biggest issue on your team

guess what? My money is they don’t feel that way.. the cost of moving up to get a qb that has to go through a learning curve is just astronomical

we’ll see how it plays out

Kwyn

Reaction score

I get it. I want an elite QB also. It makes competing so much better and lots more fun. Right there with you.

If we were able to put ourselves in position to draft one of the guys you mentioned I’d be on board.

I’m a pragmatist though and it’s insanely hard to get those type of picks

Draft analysis calculators (there are two main ones teams use) indicate that the math shows it would take 3 #17’s (our pick) to move up to #1.
I imagine Cincy would hang up the phone even if we had 3 #17s to offer.

Here are the names you mentioned. I’m not sold on any of them, except Mahomes, being better than Dak but all of them are probably at least comparable. Then again all but Mahomes were top 3 picks so they damn sure should be pretty good.

Goff - 1st overall
Wentz - 2nd overall
Mayfield - 1st overall
Darnold - 3rd overall
Mahomes - 10th overall

Here are our first round picks since 1989 with those drafted 10th (Mahomes) or higher named

2019 - no pick
4 - Zeke
6 - Mo Claiborne
9 - Tyron Smith
No pick
No pick
5 - Terrence Newman
8 - Roy Williams
No pick
No pick
8 - Greg Ellis
No pick
No pick
No pick
1 - Maryland
1 - 1989 - Aikman

So, we are left with finding the next Pat Mahomes - of your list he is the only one we would have the drafts to select since 1991

most of those “no pick” years were the result of us moving up in other years so even the picks listed didn’t all come without us having to spend draft capital to get them.

let’s go Cowboys- draft The next Pat Mahomes!

starfan1

Reaction score

the Dallas cowboys have selected 1 qb in the first round in their history it’s a pretty strong indication that you’re going to be disappointed

hope it doesn’t keep you up at night lol

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep if you are just qb away or you feel like it’s the biggest issue on your team

guess what? My money is they don’t feel that way.. the cost of moving up to get a qb that has to go through a learning curve is just astronomical

we’ll see how it plays out
Ya man lets stay with what we have a QB who when facing a good defense can only score in Garbage time when the game is lost.
Love them FG and those 3 and outs all game long!!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People are miserable in life because they don't want average Dak as the QB right? I guess you're not miserable correct? Why don't you post how you non miserable Dak fans are living so we can be inspired? I just want to see what I'm missing from thinking this average QB isn't that good since allegedly my life is sooooo miserable. Maybe I'll get on team Dak if your post convinces me I'm missing out.
Why? You're not that important.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya man lets stay with what we have a QB who when facing a good defense can only score in Garbage time when the game is lost.

we’ll see how it plays out . Listen to the cowboys organization who know this teams issues that have festered for the better part of 10 years and it’s deeper than 1 position or listen to internet junkies like you and Amari and a few other brain scholars

hmmmm that’s a toughie enjoy your day sir

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we’ll see how it plays out . Listen to the cowboys organization who know this teams issues that have festered for the better part of 10 years and it’s deeper than 1 position or listen to internet junkies like you and Amari and a few other brain scholars

hmmmm that’s a toughie enjoy your day sir
Ya listen to the FO who hasn't been to a Championship game in 25 years.
I'd rather go with my common sense and eyes!!!!
Dak Prescott is a carry me parasite of a QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya listen to the FO who hasn't been to a Championship game in 25 years.
I'd rather go with my common sense and eyes!!!!
Dak Prescott is a carry me parasite of a QB.

there’s always the eagles board option and you can have wentz

Hadenough

Reaction score
Daks struggled his first season against the Giants and Vikes threw up a red flag. Defenses have him figured out. Take away his short ball and he cant consistently beat you mid range. Take away his running back and the percentages skyrocket you will win.