The Giants are better than the Cowboys

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
HAMMERHEAD said:
Please tell me what the Cowboys have done this year to give you so much confidence. Two very bad calls by officials in the Skins game gave you that one. Is Richie Anderson going to be your QB from now on? The Browns game was a mistake-a-thon. Please, I'm interested.

Browns game- Cowboys D completely dominated. Vinny threw for over 300 yards. The game shouldnt have been so close on the scoreboards.

Skins game- The game was not given to the Cowboys. They made the plays when they had to and did enough to win. Could be said that the Skins gave the Giants the game? Portis fumbled without anyone touching him.

I watched the Giant/Packer game. How many points did the Giants waste...17? Is your kicker ready to actually make a field goal this Sunday? I have never been a fan of the Packers D-fense. And you have to admit, the Packer O-fense played horrid. Remember, the happless Bears even beat the Pack at home.

Giants are good, but this Cowboy team will be ready Sunday. Giant fans need to come back to earth.

TheHustler

Reaction score
HAMMERHEAD said:
Vinny is very mistake prone.

Warner had I believe 14 turnovers in his last two starts with the Rams. Talk about mistake prone. He hasn't faced a defense that can consistently get to the QB yet. If we get there, he's got no chance.

HAMMERHEAD said:
I just think the Giants should win it by 7.

The vegas oddsmakers, who are damn good at what they do, have the Cowboys winning by more than a field goal.

The only threat the Giants have is Tiki barber, and our Defense is built to stop guys like him. He's not going to run away from Coakley or Nguyen. Our DBs are terrific at run support. I am sure you think otherwise, but Toomer, Hilliard and Carter don't scare anybody over here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Warner had I believe 14 turnovers in his last two starts with the Rams. Talk about mistake prone. He hasn't faced a defense that can consistently get to the QB yet. If we get there, he's got no chance.

The vegas oddsmakers, who are damn good at what they do, have the Cowboys winning by more than a field goal.

The only threat the Giants have is Tiki barber, and our Defense is built to stop guys like him. He's not going to run away from Coakley or Nguyen. Our DBs are terrific at run support. I am sure you think otherwise, but Toomer, Hilliard and Carter don't scare anybody over here.[/QUOTE]

Toomer in particular is very underrated. Their WR's on our RCB is a concern to me!

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
HAMMERHEAD said:
I think it's obvious. I think that deep down, most of you agree. The Giants should win this game by 7. The Cowboys, I think, will play hard, be well coached (duh), and have a good game plan. I think the talent level just simply favors the Giants. If the Cowboys win, I will tip my hat to your team for pulling the upset.

Boy, you have all bases covered here. :confused:

Let's see, Giants win you gloat.

Cowboys win, well we got lucky?

How about this, the Giants are more in line with the skins, a lot of talk and little action.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
HAMMERHEAD said:
Please tell me what the Cowboys have done this year to give you so much confidence. Two very bad calls by officials in the Skins game gave you that one. Is Richie Anderson going to be your QB from now on? The Browns game was a mistake-a-thon. Please, I'm interested.

And if it weren't for 2 horrendous calls against us, it never would have been that close to begin with. :eek:

TheHustler

Reaction score
Nors said:
Toomer in particular is very underrated. Their WR's on our RCB is a concern to me!

The Giants WRs I think we actually match up well against. None of them are burners, Toomer will get his catches, but he's not going to run by anyone. Newman and Reeves are both quick and can catch up to their WRs. Make them have to sustain long drives with passes that are consistently under 10 yards, and Warner will eventually throw us the ball.

HAMMERHEAD

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Boy, you have all bases covered here. :confused:

Let's see, Giants win you gloat.

Cowboys win, well we got lucky?

How about this, the Giants are more in line with the skins, a lot of talk and little action.
I don't gloat. Wins are hard to get and I am thankful for any of them. I will not be back for a while if the Giants win. I will come back and take my lumps if the Giants lose, however.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Here's the post you've all been waiting for:

I hate both teams so MY assessment is accurate and un-biased ;)

QB- NYG
RB-NYG
WR- PUSH <----included TE's
OL- DAL

DL-DAL
DB-DAL
LBS-DAL

pukes 24 jints 20........Why you ask...because I think the jints are simply catching teams who think thet are pushovers. Won't happen this week. Dallas proved last week that they can't run but they can pass.= fun day for the DAL safeties. Unfortunately Newman is getting killed on DBL moves. Amani Toomer= DBL move master/ next to Isaac Bruce.

:eek: Did I just pick Dallas to win....

oh well......

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
5 Super Bowls said:
If the giants can keep up the pace of +2.5 turnovers per game they will undoubtably go to the playoffs. However being +10 in turnovers is a good year much less after 4 games.

May the best team win not the luckiest. :D

Keep in mind that 7 of those turnovers were against one team. I'm not going to mention any names though. :D

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Some comparative numbers and idle thoughts.

NFL Offensive Ranking YTD-
G Men- Total Offense 7, (Rush 5, Pass 13)/ Scoring 19.5 ppg/ Sacks Allowed 13
'Boys- Total Offense 5, (Rush 29, Pass 2)/ Scoring 19.0 ppg/ Sacks Allowed 3

NFL Defensive Rankings YTD-
G Men- Total Defense 22, (Rush 17, Pass 21)/ Pts. Allowed 15.5 pg/ Sacks 10
'Boys- Total Defense 19, (Rush 20, Pass 17)/ Pts. Allowed 21.7 pg/ Sacks 8

From a statistical vantage point the game looks very close. A single turnover could cost a team the victory.

Dallas having had a chance to heal and coach up/scheme for new corner during the bye week- Advantage Cowboys.
N.Y. having won three in a row including a road victory in a tough place to play- Advantage Giants
N.Y. on the road for a second consecutive week- Advantage Cowboys
Dallas at home- Advantage Cowboys.

I believe that the Cowboy defense needs to attack Warner early and often. The past two seasons show that he cannot handle pressure well and that he has a tendency to turn the ball over when he is faced with it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Tiki Barber is there onyl real big threat on offense. His game is based on speed. Dallas has the fastest defense in the league. You do the math.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
What are you basing that statement on?

Terence Newman, Dexter Coakley, Dat Nguyen, La'Roi Glover, Greg Ellis, Alshermond Singleton, Marcellous Wiley, all some of the fastest in the league at their positions. Add onto to that just about every football anaylist says we have the fastest defense, I think its a fair statement.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Terence Newman, Dexter Coakley, Dat Nguyen, La'Roi Glover, Greg Ellis, Alshermond Singleton, Marcellous Wiley, all some of the fastest in the league at their positions. Add onto to that just about every football anaylist says we have the fastest defense, I think its a fair statement.

Since "just about every football analyst says that" could you provide me with a link to one?

Speed on defense usually shows itself in run defense. The Cowboys are currently ranked 20th against the run out of 32 in ypg allowed, and tied for 21st in ypc. Your argument is that Tiki's game is based on speed and that the Cowboys D is the fastest in the league. I did the math, as you suggested, and I can't see where your conclusion holds any water. What am I missing?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Since "just about every football analyst says that" could you provide me with a link to one?

Speed on defense usually shows itself in run defense. The Cowboys are currently ranked 20th against the run out of 32 in ypg allowed, and tied for 21st in ypc. Your argument is that Tiki's game is based on speed and that the Cowboys D is the fastest in the league. I did the math, as you suggested, and I can't see where your conclusion holds any water. What am I missing?

Speed actually typically results in better pass defense, not run defense. Fast teams tend to overpursue alot in the run, and power backs can power on them. But Tiki rubs outside more often than not and that just doesnt work against Dallas.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Speed actually typically results in better pass defense, not run defense. Fast teams tend to overpursue alot in the run, and power backs can power on them. But Tiki rubs outside more often than not and that just doesnt work against Dallas.

That is just not true. Everyone in the NFL has speed in the secondary.I'm sure that Hunters replacement is fast. Does that alone guarantee that he will not be victimized by the Giants? Proper technique and maintaining disipline in the assignment is more often the difference in a good db and a not so good one. Speed at lb can lead to overpursuit on some plays but more often than not results in the fast lb getting in on plays that a slower one doesn't. Speed on the d line is not as important as quickness. That quickness leads to getting off of blocks better, jumping the gaps to blow up plays better, and better stunting along the line.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Both of you are way off. Speed on defense is usually measured in the front seven. On the dline, we are pretty big. Other then glover, all of our guys are bigger than youre average person at their position. Our lb crew however could be said to be the fastest in the league (although i think washington should hold that claim). Now, on what is a good measure of a fast defense. Run defense trypically doesn't hold water. Its about matchups. Power backs like Ricky Williams and Steven Davis killed us, while our defense stopped rbs like tiki and deuce macallister.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Seriously, there's no chance that the Giants win this game. Zero. Zilch. End of story.

I'm going to quote you on that. The Giants are the better team and will win the game. I hope the Cowboys do pull the upset (it is in my mind) and beat the Giants, good luck.