The Giants are better than the Cowboys

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Both of you are way off. Speed on defense is usually measured in the front seven. On the dline, we are pretty big. Other then glover, all of our guys are bigger than youre average person at their position. Our lb crew however could be said to be the fastest in the league (although i think washington should hold that claim). Now, on what is a good measure of a fast defense. Run defense trypically doesn't hold water. Its about matchups. Power backs like Ricky Williams and Steven Davis killed us, while our defense stopped rbs like tiki and deuce macallister.

RW- His claim is that speed on defense has a greater impact on the passing game and hurts in defending the running game. My assertion is that it has a greater impact on the run game and I specifically talked about the front seven. Those are two polar opposite opinions. How can both be way off in your opinion?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm going to quote you on that. The Giants are the better team and will win the game. I hope the Cowboys do pull the upset (it is in my mind) and beat the Giants, good luck.
Yep, and the seahawks are better than the eagles....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
RW- His claim is that speed on defense has a greater impact on the passing game and hurts in defending the running game. My assertion is that it has a greater impact on the run game and I specifically talked about the front seven. Those are two polar opposite opinions. How can both be way off in your opinion?
Because neither arguments hold water. A fast linebacking crew would be able to hold rbs in check in the flat somewhat, and shut down certain running games. However, it would be no use when facing the bigger TEs, and power running games. Speed on defense is measured by versatality. The cowboys don't have the fastest front seven in the nfl. They might have the fastest linebacking crew, but the dline is relatively big.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Because neither arguments hold water. A fast linebacking crew would be able to hold rbs in check in the flat somewhat, and shut down certain running games. However, it would be no use when facing the bigger TEs, and power running games. Speed on defense is measured by versatality. The cowboys don't have the fastest front seven in the nfl. They might have the fastest linebacking crew, but the dline is relatively big.

What you talking about Willis? I think you are assuming facts that are not in evidence. You would be correct if we had been talking about linebackers that were small and fast but we weren't. The discussion was about speed only. Take Arrington for example. He makes plays sideline to sideline because of his speed and also has the size to handle blocking te's. Speed of course gives a defense more flexability by not having to do as much situational substituting, but that is not how it is measured. Speed can only be measured by speed. A fast player can simply cover more ground, in the same amount of time, than a slower player.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
What you talking about Willis? I think you are assuming facts that are not in evidence. You would be correct if we had been talking about linebackers that were small and fast but we weren't. The discussion was about speed only. Take Arrington for example. He makes plays sideline to sideline because of his speed and also has the size to handle blocking te's. Speed of course gives a defense more flexability by not having to do as much situational substituting, but that is not how it is measured. Speed can only be measured by speed. A fast player can simply cover more ground, in the same amount of time, than a slower player.
There are some freaks like arrington that are both big and fast. Most of the premier lbs are like that. But you won't find many of them them.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Luckily, we don't play the Seahawks next week.
Hey ajm, wanna do a sig bet on this game? Since you seem so into it and all...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm going to quote you on that. The Giants are the better team and will win the game. I hope the Cowboys do pull the upset (it is in my mind) and beat the Giants, good luck.

This is what happens when Eagles fans think..... :rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RW31 said:

My point is, we are a fast, undersized defense. Big backs hurt us, small, fast backs cant run on us. There is a reason we were #1 against the pass last year, our LBs have the speed to cover any RB, TE and TNew is faster than just about anyone in this league.

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Death would be mercy

You've got to be sweating either way! The Giants have come together and the D'Cobys have not. Actually I hope the C'boys win (did I say that Out loud)! Why? Because I don't want the Giant to be 4-1; that's just too close for comfort. If the C'Boys win, you all will be 3-1; the Giants would be 3-2!

When nwe return off the "By" we'll be 4-0 going into our next game with the Panthers. I think we'll beat the Panthers convincingly! You'd better focus on Tiki Barber; before he brings death down on dalley! :D

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Yep, and the seahawks are better than the eagles....

Somebody give e a switch so I can tan some rawhide-31! You know better than to talk like you have no sense; maybe you don't.

Take notes schoolboy-31. Not that I agree with you, but the "Better" team does not always come out on top!

Eat some milk and cookies and go back to sleep! Shhhhhh!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Somebody give e a switch so I can tan some rawhide-31! You know better than to talk like you have no sense; maybe you don't.

Take notes schoolboy-31. Not that I agree with you, but the "Better" team does not always come out on top!

Yep, Ive been owned. How can I compete with arms page of ramblings about nonsense and then finally make a point that has nothing to do with his team or mine...:rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

I honestly didnt think it was possible to own yourself.....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Hey ajm, wanna do a sig bet on this game? Since you seem so into it and all...
......................there ya go...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Have you ever read the poem Evictus? ...I am the master of my Soul...
That's culture 101
You do know your gloating about being an idiot, right?

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sig bet???

"Sig bet" must be some type of Dalley C'Boy thing!

RW - Thirty-One what the hellium are you talking about. Have you gone across the Border again? :D

If you want to wager, just say so! Besides, everyone knows who is going to win that game anyway :rolleyes: